PSA: Junkrat is in danger of Dying

Oh trust me, Once Brig goes live, people will understand what I am trying to convey here. It’s almost a joke. People don’t take Junkrat seriously, and think we just want to meme win, I don’t want that. I don’t want the tracer and Genji nerfs either. The whole PTR I am not down with, not just Junk.

But, I do want to warn other Junk Players, this is a death warrant for Junkrat play, you play at your own risk.

1 Like

I don’t really understand the skill ceiling and floor stuff, but this change to me reads like all it did was make you need to be more accurate with him and use his ult smarter? and not a direct power nerf so no real compensation needed, but to be fair i haven’t played it yet, so just going on what i am reading

You will be fine. Adjust your aim and be a little better you will get the same results

They’re slow grenades. Aiming them at a moving target is very hard and aiming them at an erratically moving target is basically luck based.

3 Likes

If you have been using Junk the way he should be used… i.e. aim and not randomly spam… Then you will be fine…but if all you have been doing is spamming and hoping for the best, then you will have to develop some skill with him. You will still have to get used to the grenade size, but after some practice you should be fine… Don’t panic

Here is the problem with that. As another player pointed out on the PTR forums, Junkrat’s primary fire tick rate is messed up. It’s why he randomly kills half the time, because most people can see that coming other wise.

No big deal, I would have no problem if they fixed that. But they didn’t and now they reduced the size, so it’s even more random and screwey. Combine that with a slow projectile speed and you might as well just use Junk to bust Rien shield. If it’s Orisa, forget it, you’re better switching to Bastion and hoping for the best now.

Honestly Flank Rat is gonna become more of a thing in my estimation. Which stinks, because Flank Rat’s kit is not really geared for that, so you’re just gonna see Junkrats holding onto mines until they can cheese them.

4 Likes

Well, yeah I would be pretty chill.

But understand that you’re coplaining about junkrat players just having to aim a little more now…sorry but it’s kinda stupid…

1 Like

ELI5 explanation:

Skill ceiling = How hard it is to perfect a hero.
Skill floor = How hard it is to play a hero.

Someone like Junkrat has a low skill floor, he’s pretty easy to pick up and do well with. But he also has a pretty high skill ceiling. There’s a ton of room to improve on him, which is why players like Jake can do so much more with the hero than his counterparts in OWL.

This change raises his floor. His grenades and ult aren’t as forgiving and require the Junkrat to play better to get value.

But they don’t affect his potential. It’s not like Tracer’s nerf which directly lower what Tracer CAN do.

3 Likes

91 hours on Junkrat, yeah sorry you’re just not getting it man. It’s ok.

3 Likes

I don’t think any amount of hours had to do with this. What’s the big deal? There’s no damage nerfs, no ammo changes, it’s just that instead of the grenades being the size of a bowling ball, it’s the size of an actual grenade.

What your point?

4 Likes

My point is you don’t understand. I get it man, you could care less. My appeal is not to you.

3 Likes

If only there was a way for him to bypass all of this and just do massive aoe damage…

Look this is a real nerf. You are supposed to feel it. You are supposed to adjust to it. Working as intended. Get a little better with your nades and you will be fine. The damage is the same so you will be rewarded for your new skill. Embrace the challenge it will be more fun. Same way mines feel more fun to use because you really have to aim it. You will be ok

It’s nothing that bad, it’s just if you’ve been lazy with Junkrat, now is the time get it in gear…

1 Like

You don’t even get it. I suggest getting 91 hours on live then playing 30 games on PTR. Because that’s what I just did.

But Junkrat wasn’t overpowered in individual combat! He didn’t need a freaking nerf!

6 Likes

Problem is, this kills the character, and Brigitte is coming into the meta. I really wish people would understand how big a deal this is gonna be.

2 Likes

Yeah. I guess it’s time for us all to dust off our Pharah.

3 Likes

People will just tell you, that you need to aim, like we didn’t figure out how to do that already back when we were playing on one mine and being considered a meme pick.

3 Likes

33% hitbox reduction is huge. For how slow the projectile is, it is hard enough for a direct hit. If tire is OP just nerf it. Don’t turn primary fire into a joke. Do not take away the little reliability he has.

13 Likes

This. I imagine Phara play will bump now finally.

1 Like