PSA: Junkrat is in danger of Dying

PTR is bad man.
Discuss.

I see him becoming a meme pick again that people report you for playing. Feels horrible.

Edit: This is not a thread about whining about reverting the changes. It’s about discussing Junk’s pick-rate and viability, please learn the difference. Also telling Junkrat mains to learn to aim, is not clever.

53 Likes

I don’t see any negatives to this.

127 Likes

Please don’t overreact.
Thanks

94 Likes

I’m 20 games in, yeah it’s just getting worse the more I play. It’s fairly obvious he’s meme pick again.

12 Likes

It’s been a day, give people time to adjust to the changes before saying these things for pete’s sake.

8 Likes

I think people will still running into grenade spam and complain.

34 Likes

I have 80 hours on Junk and didn’t really notice any difference aside from the tire speed nerf, which if you use it properly (strafing alongside walls, keeping it out of enemy lines of sight until it’s on top of their heads) doesn’t really do anything either

I assume they nerfed him for the same reason they “nerfed” Tracer, to appease people asking for nerfs without actually nerfing much at all

19 Likes

Oh I don’t doubt that. But Junkrat is all about holding m1 now, no point in even trying to aim now.

2 Likes

Junkrat is so OP, I should be able to 1v1 him in a hallway but he keeps killing me!

26 Likes

Fellow Junkrat player here. I’m all for this PSA.
Honestly, I’d much rather have these two PTR nerfs reverted in exchange for a slower Ult Charge, since it’s, ya know… The thing the forums have been prettymuch complaining about the most and is unanimously agreed upon that it’s the most reasonable nerf to him at this time ? (Even though he shouldn’t really be nerfed whatsoever right now because he’s balanced, but I digress…)

24 Likes

No, he doesn’t. If you play him before you’d know that getting kill from spamming is super rare.

20 games in, how many games do you need me to play? Because I will do it.

2 Likes

I legit have pretty much never played junkrat and I hate junkrat but I didn’t see that coming nor did I even think it was anywhere near being on the balance radar

I think too many people just didn’t know how to deal with his spam or something I don’t even know

18 Likes

I’m talking about on PTR.

1 Like

lol you will adjust your aim just like you did with the mine nerf that everyone thought would “kill” him. He’s just a little harder to play which is fine seeing how forgiving he was and is. But the reward for your improved skill is still the same.

10 Likes

Yeah, he didn’t need the projectile size nerf. He needed a 10-20% ult charge speed reduction, and possibly slowing down the tire a little bit. Junk is not overwhelming in individual combat unless you are trying to enter territory he’s denying.

15 Likes

What did they do to him?

also keep in mind that latency and lag sucks on the PTR so it’s even harder to judge minor changes to hit boxes like this. I remember thinking the mine nerf was trash till went live and I was playing with decent ping and then I’m oh this isn’t that bad.

Junkrat was forgiving ? Since when ?
Nothing about Junkrat was forgiving. People were just dense as a rock and lacked the necessary game sense and situational awareness that was needed to deal with his nades. That’s not a “Junkrat is OP” issue. That’s a “People have tunnel vision and refuse to get better at the game” issue.

12 Likes

I don’t doubt you, but i can’t wait to try it myself, a lot of JR players complained about the mine nerf and not being able to hit it, but i never noticed a difference