PSA: Junkrat is in danger of Dying

That does not rebuttal the point sir, that just shows a difference between him and Bastion.

that shows that rat has less skill required to play, and rat does not have any hard counters go to youtube search junkrat counters every hero he has soft counters minus a cheese comp that needs 2 heroes to do it

Junkrat’s projectiles still hit enemies without touching them. His tire was not the most defining part of his kit and it isn’t even nerfs that harshly. He’ll survive.

1 Like

There are various skill level characters in the game ranging from high to low, so I don’t see what your point is in mentioning that.

Junkrat does have counters. If a Junkrat fires into a Zarya, he’s hurting his team. Widowmaker has an easy time shooting at him, soldier can 1v1 him in good positioning, Pharah can get above him, etc. That’s a poor argument, supported by little, if you are talking about the highest level of play, then maybe that has more to do with player proficiency beyond the character limitations.

But I dare someone to go Junkrat when an enemy team counter picks you, and you will have a good example how oppressive their team will be against your Junkrat.

Also thanks for being a coward michael, you proved your character by derailing this thread, thank you.

6 Likes

Pharah is a great counter. Widow is a good counter.

He has his hard counters which is pharah because well she’s in the sky pelting him.

I know it can feel that he doesn’t have any hard counters but he does. You’re just not playing them. Junkrat should counter (pharah in this example) may not be the best pick as she’s more countered by the enemy that it’s not worth having her just to counter the junk.

You go to the soft counters which are tanks like dva, and I personally find tracer and sombra decent pick so but that might be just my experience.

Junkrat can seem op amd seem underpowered becasue he is a spam hero and his damage isn’t inconsistent as to where it’s going.

Personally view some on junkrat are based of personal experience and emotion is taking too much of both of your arguements that you’re not thinking of balance.

Junkrat does need a little tuning for damage and to aid tanks but he will probably seem just as consistent as he isn’t now just that most of the time now you aren’t getting random damage from spam.

4 Likes

As a beginner, let me chime in and say that I have a 31% accurary with Junkrat because I do aim. I am still not happy to get a 33% size reduction of my shots…

3 Likes

No counters? Pharah is untouchable for junkrat, widow ALWAYS gets headshots because his head is in the center of his chest, dva eats his granades and mines, and have you evr tried to land a granade on a movile hero in an open area? His projectile speed is a joke and the bounce requires skill, people dying to him because they refuse to use the path that isnt being bombed or the open space where granades are more predictable will keep complaining even after the ptr nerf.

7 Likes

I’ve messed around with the changes on PTR.

I didn’t really notice a difference.

1 Like

The problem with saying “lul just aim” is that jr’s projectiles are slow. This means that it really isn’t on you to hit the projectiles, but on the enemy. And the movement in overwatch is too unpredictable to just predict the movement. So no, you can’t “just aim” and do well with rat. Because his kit doesn’t make it possible to aim.

2 Likes

Junkrat won’t be a meme pick as long as his bombs will do the same damage as a fully charged widow body shot and have a second concussion mine.

You have to aim better now, he’s still got the same values as before.

Hes literally a ground pharah with two 120 dmg mines and an 80 dmg trap, and an insta kill ult on atleast one person that charges insanely fast, hes such a “meme” pick :unamused:

1 Like

Problem is, apparently there is an issue for his projectile physics where hits aren’t registering. Hopefully it is fixed but I’m not holding my breath.

Playing Junkrat was not all about going for direct hits as a main attack but also about getting bank shots. That is far less reliable than before.

With his slow peojectile and an arc, he has to get into cqc to be effective for direct fire. With his larger hit box, he is fairly easy to hit.

His strength now is small chokes, doorways, and shield breaking. Large area denial is out.

He still hard counters Brigette. But this projectile size change significantly affects his play style. It is understandable that people are concerned.

He has the second slowest projectile in the game. With the smaller size, it is ridiculously easy to avoid. There is real danger here that people will not find him reliable and thus, consider him a troll pick.

2 Likes

This alone will probably keep him very strong. Brigitte is being implemented to hopefully counter dive and she’s gonna have huge playtime in season 10.

1 Like

That’ll go down(Not hating, just saying)
Most Junkrats even ones like myself who have 1 tricked hin since season 1-2 average around 20-30% depending on the day
31-35% is decent
36-40% is basically unheard of

I average about 25% on live but I get 15% and lower on PTR, I don’t know how people are saying they don’t notice a difference in projectile size…

1 Like

I notice it

Just not enough to actually have a massive impact on me personally as I already hit shot dead on, comes with being 1 of the fee people who mained/OT’d him long before his first buff

I don’t play enough Junkrat.

I’m fairly cool with the explosive radius… That is something that then puts in needing more skill to really get some work for the character.

The Ult nerf seemed huge though. The tire just feels like the old tire again, and that feels like a bigger step back. I really thought all the ult honestly needed was just a longer charge time.

I don’t think it will kill Junkrat, but it wasn’t the right nerf for him. A slower ult charge, I would’ve been fine with, and maybe the tire speed nerf, but they shouldn’t have nerfed the projectile hitbox.

1 Like

They nerfed the projectile size on the nades and slowed down the tire’s movement speed a bit.

I don’t play junkrat, but as a console player I’m relieved that “spamrats” (which are very real and effective in my games) won’t be as potent.

I’m fine dying to a shot that was aimed at me. I’m not fine dying to shots that were clearly fired at someone else (or at thin air, hoping for the best) when I see the killfeed.

… But I’m confused why they nerfed the nade size instead of the ult charge requirement. Riptires have been obnoxiously frequent ever since the “two mines” buff.

I’m so excited for this if you think he’s gonna die I’m here for it 100%