PSA: Hammond can transform faster than Bastion

4 bullets to kill a hammond mine is pretty damn small when you consider that it takes 0.13 seconds to fire 4 bullets.

Bastion absolutely obliterates Hammond, given that he’s completely immune to CC and neither can land crits on the other. Hammond’s spread advantage and higher health is mitigated by ironclad and the vastly superior damage.

That’s not to make any claims on the balance of either character, but comparing them directly is pretty silly.

As big as a tank and requires you to stop moving, effectivly making the ennemy incapable of missing you. Also 20% isn’t that much. It’s just to say “but it lower damage!”. You still die as quickly.

12 meters.

Recon is fine, yes. This is not what we’re talking about, though. Recon is not Bastion’s main appeal. Sentry is.

12 meters.

You do realize you’re saying that to the bastion main community, right ? We know how to play our hero.

Play the damn hero for a week. Just him. A week.

I don’t see your point.

Also in current news:

Widowmaker has superior range to Soldier.

3° spread.

Bastion win 85% of the time in my tests, yes. Staying alive with 63 health if the Hammond perform a piledriver. But this would be in a vaccum.

What’s your point ?
If you use the same argument for Bastion and Hammond, you just have “A ver mobile and tanky tank as more range than an immobile and frigile DPS that does less damage.”
Silly, isn’t it ?

Yeah, that’s kind of the point. They’re not comparable.

In the sense that they both transform, they are.
Also Hammond gains more from his instant switch than Bastion.

Recon mode: 10-20 damage, 8 shots a second, falloff damage 26-50 meters.

Turret mode: 7.5-15 damage, 30 shots a second, falloff damage 35-55 metres.

Hammonds: 2.5-5 damage, 25 shots a second, falloff damage 15-25.

You could not be more wrong, bastion has a longer range and higher damage.

Hammonds transformation is connected to his mobility, having a cast time on that would be counter-productive

Bastains transform is connected to his damage. If he could instantly transform he would be near unbeatable in duels. This would only make it worse when he has a team supporting him.

Please take in account their spreads.

Widow and Soldier are both hitscan, have an ability dedicated to mobility, and both have an auto-fire rifle.

That’s more comparison that just the ability to transform. Why can Widow fly when Soldier has to walk? Why does Widow carry bullets that can penetrate the skull, but soldier carries a nerf gun?

These are just things.

But Bastion’s sentry is much less rewarding than Hammond’s ball.

The point was that Hammond transforms faster in a more rewarding more than Bastion.

I agree that bastion is the worst hero in the game ,but why are you comparing these two ? they are completely different heroes with different roles.

Slam is short range and has Hammond get close to enemies (inside Bastion’s range). An enemy Bastion limits where and when you can slam by quite a lot - i.e. you either do less damage or feed.

Anything to bring up Bastion, tbh.
He needs to be looked at. And the fact is that, again:

What kind of distances are you operating at when trying to shoot hammond’s minefield when 3 degrees is a meaningful level of inaccuracy? If three degrees actually makes you miss more than maybe 1 in 10 shots, you shouldn’t be shooting the minefield because it’s clearly a hell of a long way away from you and your team.

Hell, I’ll shoot the mines with Roadhog, and he has six times the spread with a lower number of mines destroyed per second even if you miss 60% of your shots as Bastion.

Don’t slam, just roll. There’s only going to be the bastion after you’ve knocked back everyone. He’s dead.

The guy who relies on mobility becomes mobile faster. This is a tragedy.

1 Like