PS5 Lag only on Overwatch 2

Overwatch 2 frame rate has dropped incredibly, the lag has me angry at a game I used to love. People appear to be teleporting through the floor and and lagging across the screen. Making the game unplayable and completely unenjoyable

43 Likes

Yup, can confirm. Characters tping across the map and popping back in, latency issues and huge fps drops. Tried to play without cross play, fixed my wifi at least three times and nothing. This is such a messy launch.

16 Likes

Iā€™m experiencing the same issue. My team and opponents appear to be moving through the maps, going through walls, buildings and other objects. This makes it impossible to know where anyone actually is on the map. Hope this gets fixed soon.

7 Likes

Same here. Tried to look for solutions online but all it gave me was results on fixing the pc version. Ps5 version is unplayable until itā€™s fixed.

4 Likes

Iā€™m also experiencing this and itā€™s incrediblely frustrating. Iā€™ll have teammates or enemies teleporting everywhere. More so with enemies,they will go from in front of me, suddenly poof away then they are back. Replays show that they were in front of me the whole time but thatā€™s not what I experienced. I too looked for solutions on this but it seems no one is really talking about this for PS5. Hopefully blizzard can fix this because this is terrible. Still canā€™t believe this is a ā€œ2ā€ when itā€™s a patch at best.

3 Likes

Its either 150+ ping or decent ping but super laggy. On PC

2 Likes

Definitely have the same issues

3 Likes

Yeah I am still having these same issues. Surely they will fix it in the next updateā€¦ The game really is unplayable at this point and itā€™s a shame.

1 Like

Same usually lags even more when theres a fight or someone uses an ability. Ping jumps from 30 to 70 up to 190 back to 30 on repeat every 6-7 seconds in match.

1 Like

Having this exact problem since launch, itā€™s very frustrating

I donā€™t have an FPS issue at all, but on PC I frequently have weird lag I didnā€™t have in OW1 where people sort of teleport around or sort of flicker around.

My guess was that AT&T was de-prioritizing OW2 traffic in a way that it wasnā€™t for OW1 since it wasnā€™t happening to everyone in the game.

I thought I was the only oneā€¦ I spent last game healing invisible teammates cause my game didnt render them lmaoā€¦ then 150msā€¦ then 30ms but HUGE lag spikes

2 Likes

me too, i play on ps5 and lag a lotā€¦ but yesterday i was playing on the ps5 version i downloaded the ps4 version to see if it was a version problem (surprise not surprise the ps4 version is even worse) BUT while downloading the lags they disappeared so I guess Iā€™ll randomly queue downloads to keep the line stable until they fix the problem lol

Yeah Iā€™ve been getting the same, not a single game without it on PS5. Not happening for anything else just OW2 on PS5. Literally cannot even play properly

1 Like

Same here! Does anyone know if Blizzard is working on this issue?
Iā€™ve no problem whatsoever with any other game but this one and itā€™s pretty bothersome. I canā€™t play any hero that requires aim.

1 Like

Having the same issue. It is making the game unplayable - Iā€™m unintentionally throwing just by playing at this point. Iā€™ve been playing Overwatch since day 1 but Iā€™m about to give up. So many bugsā€¦

2 Likes

Im on ps5.everything was fine until i just updated and now games unplayable at 230ms.also the statistics dont track correctly.

2 Likes

Same with me, before update connection was completely fine until after the update. Tried everything. So much for ā€œNext genā€

2 Likes

Same here. When is this going to be fixed?!

Iā€™ve had the exact same problem since the update a few days ago. Perfectly fine before then but now itā€™s completely unplayable. Everyone just teleporting all over the map the entire game. Itā€™s 100% not my internet thatā€™s the problem and the devs have said nothing about it being a problem so far. Really ruining my enjoyment of the game

3 Likes