PS5 Extreme FPS drops

The game has extremely unplayable FPS drops since the recent update, nothing seems to fix it. Happens in menu, hero selection and in game

18 Likes

I can confirm - PS5 here too.
It appears that everybody on PS5 is experiencing very bad frame drops and stuttering.
They appear to be most prominent on assets load:

• menus
  • shop / battlepass / skins
  • on spawn
  • kill cam
  • ultimate abilities

but they are present throughout the games. I’m sure this will be fixed, I just hope it will be quick, since for the moment playing competitive means throwing.

8 Likes

Me too on PS5, I hope they fix it soon

3 Likes

Same happening here! (PS5)

2 Likes

Same. Thought it was lag, but it lags in the menus too.

2 Likes

Someone told me they’re playing on ps5 using the ps4 version of the game and they haven’t gotten any of these issues, so maybe that fixes it? I don’t have time to test it out myself unfortunately but if anyone does report back

Experiencing this too, so annoying I had put off playing comp for the end of season now the games unplayable

1 Like

Experiencing the same also on PS5. I hope they will address the issue soon, as it is significantly effecting gameplay.

1 Like

It does. But it’s not a great fix as there’s no 4k or 120fps mode. But I suppose it’s better than nothing. It’s not the first time either, when the game first launched you couldn’t even log in at all on ps5.

1 Like

Had this in a smaller scale since the SEASON 3 PATCH!!! - 1 year ago - I didn’t have full slideshows like now but still significant issues. Please finally fix all the PS5 versions.

Competitive with friends was no more. I tried going over ISP change, all the technical stuff and opening blizzard support tickets and all they said it’s on sony’s or my side/ISP. I’ve only played qp since.

Now that everbody has those issues I am kinda used to it to the point where it’s kinda playable if I’m lucky and don’t get the frame drops at the wrong time as I’m standing still in front of the enemy.

1 Like

to anyone interested, I can confirm that by playing with the PS4 version on a PS5, you won’t have any frame issue, so as a momentary fix this seems good!

P.S. I suggest you try to play the custom game VAXTA on both versions, tell me how it goes :wink:

1 Like

I have the same problem on PS!! And, additionally, important to say that there is no problem with the internet, this problem is happening only with Overwatch 2

1 Like

Yes, im experiencing the same thing. Huge frame drops in game, lag in menu’s/battlepass screen etc. At first I thought it was my ps5. It appeared after the mauga and new season update.

Ill try the ps4 version if this helps a little. Hope they fix this fast. ITS UNPLAYABLE NOW AND MAUGA IS OUT! DAMN YOU BLIZZARD

1 Like

the ps4 version runs at 60fps no problem.
you’ll probably need to adjust the gamma correction / brightness a little bit, but other than that it’s a decent band aid

2 Likes

My nintendo switch lite runs better than ps5 verison. Like wtf blizzard :skull:

5 Likes

Same thing happening here and I refuse to install the PS4 version that runs capped at 60fps. Time to play some other fps I guess…

1 Like

Same PS5 issue here too. Overwatch is unplayable.

Two discussions on this topic from Bug Report:

2 Likes

i’ve had the same issue and it’s become unplayable. even just on the menu.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the reports! The Devs are investigating the issue, and we’ll post updates in this thread as they become available.

7 Likes

24 hours to reply that’s good

7 Likes