Proposed Brigitte Change - I don't like it 🌟

This change may seem good but really crushes the depth of the hero in team comps. Especially the interaction in goats v goats between Zarya, Rein, and Brigitte. Bash+Shatter is the go to combo to win a fight and Zarya’s would save bubble to stop the shatter and save their rein.

This feels inconsistent as Genji can dash through shield, Rein can charge through shield, Tracer can blink through shield, etc.

A better change would be
0.3second wind up on bash
or
Health ← Armor ← Shields ← Over armor ← Overshields

24 Likes

With this change it’ll bring skill to the rein shatter match up

37 Likes

I think m having a windup like you suggest is a problem since it’s supposed to be useful against highly mobile targets.

I personally hope they go through with this, it will make us tank mains much happier. As for GOATS… I think everyone’s hope is that it won’t be a thing for much longer anyway.

3 Likes

Its already pretty skilled
Bash is just an assist to win condition

2 Likes

Or the shield takes 150 damage if she hits someone? That would actually give that ability a risk.

3 Likes

Bash literally takes out all the skill of it being that it basically gives you a free shatter

24 Likes

Because its 2 people
Zarya protects rein
D.Va intercepts bash
You have a team to play around and that’s the kind of stuff I like to minmax.

2 Likes

It is the same as a Doomfist punching Rein, and the change is inconsistent with other melee abilities. If Brigitte bash is removed from affecting shields, it hinders her frontline role with no compensation to it.

8 Likes

it’s a stun… not sleep dart nor flashbang go through shields… easy as that

7 Likes

So is Doomfist’s punch

11 Likes

That’s kinda the point.

It removes the one gimmick that made GOATs so powerful.

3 Likes

I rather have them change the Stun before making it mandatory to have GOATS v GOATS. Mirror matchups are boring.

I don’t think it affects interactions of damage through shields though ie Genji blade, etc. Just CC like Stun.

2 Likes

I like it. If for whatever reason the world was doomed to only ever play goats v goats then things would never die, but in practice this should encourage deviating from normal goats to run a shieldbreaker.

3 Likes

Doom stun doesn’t guarantee a free shatter

Lol, it does, it knockback Rein and leaves the team exposed.

4 Likes

Eh, more like Zarya barrier+Speedboost to allow brig to get past barrier and stun rein. More complex but still pretty easy to do.

Uppercut
Even better than current bash

2 Likes

Doom punch Is far easier to defend against

I believe he still knocks people back through Zarya bubble so not really
I know for a fact Uppercut don’t care.

2 Likes

If Brig’s shield bash isn’t going to go thru shields anymore, Genji’s dragonblade, Doom’s rocket punch, Doom’s uppercut, and every other melee based ability shouldn’t go through them either. It’s a double standard

8 Likes

Im now 100% you dont understand what the word “skill” means LOL keep defending the most braindead hero in existence. The devs clearly dont agree with u brig mains :slight_smile:

4 Likes