Proof mmr does not match SR

SR difference of 8:
`https://i.imgur.com/yv6OLQl.jpg

But only 1 gets “long wait time”
`https://i.imgur.com/jr72jWP.jpg

Hopefully no issues with the images. All known factors constant. Same type of console, same internet connection, same exact moment to start queue. 8SR is as close an SR variance as I could get.

1 account has normal balanced feeling games and has been climbed fairly normally from Gold to Plat.

1 account has just had a loss streak from 1 game off Diamond. Massively unbalanced games.

And let the excuses begin!!

2 Likes

I’ve had the “long wait time” message and then queued within two minutes. I’ve had no “long wait time” message when it was well past 15min. It doesn’t really mean much.

5 Likes

Is this relevant to why it appeared on one account and not the other?

Is this really not self explanatory? The long wait warning doesn’t really have any actual meaning. That’s why it doesn’t always pop up. And why it sometimes pops up then disappears.

5 Likes

Obviously MMR and SR aren’t the same, who ever disputed that?

The matchmaker gives you teammates and opponents according to your MMR vs SR. If your SR is higher than your MMR says you should be then you get worse teammates and better opponents.

4 Likes

I mean there’s a difference of exactly 1 between where that message appears and where it doesn’t. Since the SR difference is 8, it makes sense that one could get that message and another couldn’t. If they both were the same SR and were in the same household, then maybe I’d buy it.

Who said MMR matches SR?
Pretty sure they even calculated differently

3 Likes

Cool. You go do what I’ve done then come back on that point. The long queue warning has only occurred to me when the mismatch occurs.

A huge portion of people? Go to any thread about matchmaking is rigged, and you’ll see it used as the ultimate excuse: “mmr matches SR except in cases of decay”.

That would be horrible. Why would they match a competitive game off anything other than SR? (except in cases of decay since they have that in Overwatch)

Do you honestly think 8SR is high variance?

It’s claimed everywhere, even by Kaawumba. It’s the biggest “myth” about how rigged games occur.

“Closely chases” and “linked” does not mean “equals” or “the same as”.

Proof provided.

No but there’s such a thing as a cutoff. 3992 SR is not much different from 4000 SR, but one is master and one is grandmaster. It may be that you just so happened to find the cutoff is somewhere in that 8 SR.

And no one said that people with the same SR have the same MMR. It’s probably close, but it’s doubtful that it’s exact.

1 Like

What exactly are you trying to prove? Kaplan himself already explained it.

but that’s meaningless being the only people who honestly think match making is truly rigged tend to be lower SR players. Who just can’t accept that the lower one’s SR the more inconstant the game play from themselves and everyone else on their teams.

Then at higher SR an issue of apathy kicks in that in many ways is even worse for game play than just basic inconstancy of lower SR players.

1 Like

SR doesnt have to match MMR exactly , but they are very close i would say. Even for smurfs in low rank MMR vs SR would not be higher difference than idk 200? I think only case where MMR and SR can have bigger gap is when someone decayes.

Rewards from end of season have nothing to do with matchmaking. I think you misunderstand how it works at all.

Go read up on the forums, it’s everywhere.

I provided proof they don’t match as closely as people expect.

Cool strawman on rank shaming. Or is it humble brag? I’m not sure which.

You have just acknowledged that rigged matches are occuring.

Incase people are having difficulty linking the issue:

I have provided 2 accounts where everything is constant, yet as soon as searching started (note the 2 seconds search time) one is given a different search situation than the other.

This means, despite those two accounts being the same, they are treated differently.

This means, two accounts extremely close SR have different games not by luck, but by design.

I mean, MMR obviously doesn’t match SR. MMR works similar in almost every game, regardless of your rating (SR), the game tries to match you against people who are similar to your mmr (hence why it’s called matchmaking rating). SR is just a visual number for you that represents your skill while MMR is taken to make matches. The hint is within the word itself.

But … wasn’t that clear before already ? I still fail to understand the point you’re trying to make, may you explain it a bit further ?

Okay then.

1 Like

No, it really doesnt mean anything. Every milisecond, every 1 sr make difference. You do realize that your team mates have to be found right? You are not placed into games with blizzard’s bots.

Its quite simple, matchmaker found a people or were missing one person so he added you into game right away. And in case of your second account he just could not find people for you to have balanced games in that time. I dont understand why are you trying to explain normal things by conspiracy theory. I had many occasions where i was placed in game instantly and then next game i was waiting 3 minutes,its normal…

So no, it doesnt proof rigged matchmaking at all. If you want to prove something like that on one of your accounts, record 20 games in row on both of them and show us recorded games as you played them. You would probably be able to tell if its rigged in that case.

I just dont get it really , why not one person with these theories cant simply record their games and show us. Only “proof” we can everytime see is screenshot not telling anything or fabricated claims and stories. Never hard evidence.

Fixed it for you. Happier?

In your next game, can you guarantee everyone on both sides will be within 8SR?

Enough for 8SR in plat to go from a normal search to “woah now you’re gonna have to wait a while as there isnt aaaaanyone near your mmr”?

Its rigged. Proof given. Really reaching to say 8 SR is a drastic margin guys.

Again no, you didnt show any kind of proof its rigged.

Anyway i just realized something. When you started to find a game with both your accounts in same time matchmaker found another 11 people for your first one and you went into a game. I mean he tried to create best possible balanced match for you and others put together with you. So these people are not available for your second account anymore and matchmaker could not find them for longer period of time after he already found people for your first game.

Isnt this more logic explenation? And please be honest.

Show us how you did your experiment 10x but record it and i will start believing you. You cant make theory based on single case

He keeps ignoring me :<