Proof mmr does not match SR

It was an example of a cutoff. You’re missing the point. Even 1 SR can make a difference. This isn’t proof of anything.

I’m still waiting for the proof that disproves what Jeff said.

Its like when u copy things on your pc. Your computer estimates an approximate time it will take to finish the copy and that estimate won’t necessarily be correct. I think this is kind of like that.

1 Like

Kinda did. Seems you arent willing to understand it and wow the excuses.

Didn’t start a game though. I cancelled out of both after 30 seconds (enough to check photo legible). Niiiice excuse though.

This is the third time I’ve tested it. Comments the last two times were pics or it didn’t happen.

Took pics. Apparently you think it didn’t happen.

Disproves your interpretation. Sorry I didn’t make that clear enough.

Except all functions identical, and as far as I can tell time warning is given from server side not client. So no it doesn’t make sense unless matchmaker has flagged one account differently.

Sorry

If person A and person B are so close in SR to be negligable, yet the matchmaker gives person B a much easier/harder game than person A, then it is being biased.

This could be called rigging.

It explains every streak that feels unfair.

1 Like

or matchmaker slotted one account into a game and the other got a different game just randomly. It’s no different than win traders or stream snipers up in GM who sit and instantly queue over and over and over. Constantly trying to get into a game with a given other player. Yet even when the player pop is sub 1% up in GM, it’s 4am and etc etc, they get a mix of games.

You see it all the time with late night streamers like say Harbleu who is way up in top 100 but hey gets 4500 games and 4100 games and and and and… being the match maker is just looking for a slot to plop a person.

It’s not rigged. This entire issue has been covered over and over right down to why low SR games are so strange in how teams play great, then terrible, then great, then terrible.
Yet it keeps falling on deaf ears for those stuck below whatever goal SR they seem to have to the point all of these threads should just start off with something like.

I’m SR _______ but I SHOULD be SR _______ and I know it! So clearly here is my case why match making is at fault for me not being SR _______!!"

being in the end that’s all these sort of claims of fixed whatever are really about.

2 Likes

Which of the accounts is having difficulties with queuing?

My friend I do not know if you have been reading my explanation of this matchmaker or if you are just savant at logical observation, you are 100% correct at how this matchmaker work. You are maybe 1 out of 5000 people who actually describe what is happening accurately, can you tell me how you discovered this? Is it just play a lot? Did you run statistic against the outcomes of your game?

I dont take screenshot+ story behind it as it happened. I have rich experience of many people lying tu support their claims and theories in here.

I would like to adress the things you reacted one one by one by using quoting but its kind of hard for me on phone so i will do it together.

Again… no you didnt show any kind of proof. If you want to claim that matchmaker is rigged you need a lot more than two static screenshots. Its laughable as proof, sorry.

I have to apologize for one thing tho. I actually didnt the see second picture untill now but it really doesnt change anything. At least i can explain to you why it maybe happened.

The fact one account has stated longer waiting time in searching and second can be caused because matchmaker is not creating game based on only MMR. Account level and previous maps played are factors too. I am 100% sure of that based on my experience. Not sure if heroes played on account are factor too, but it might be.

So to make your experiment in the right way, accounts should have same levels and same previous maps played too. Btw, there can be theoreticaly some kind of protection stopping you to go into a game with two accounts at once from same location. Thats why it say longer waiting time for one acc, because matchmaker would have to find another 11 people for you.

So here you go, 3 possible logical reasons why this happened. No need to make up conspiracy theory.

I hope you will read this with open mind and really think about it and what is more logical.

Now to rigged matchmaking. You only showed searching for a match. Nothing more. How are your games rigged? Any proof for that?

1 Like

I think, we all can agree on a statement like “OW matchmaker is extremely obscure”.

If we dive deeper into what you are saying, all devs explanations about how MMR is just a non-user friendly number can be thrown out to trash. A number cannot contain all sort of information you’ve mentioned, otherwise it is not just “a number”, it’s a complex data structure.
If we assume, that it is not a number, then having SR grouping ranges should not exist (how can you allow teammates range of 500 SR (which is not MMR already), when MMR is not just a number? It is just meaningless, the values are incomparable).

What if there is a couple playing from the same location?

2700-2800 must have enough players to match in any region, it’s the second most populated rank.

I’ve had the same experience as Jorlan had in comp, only in Comp FFA. Both modes use the same matchmaking engine (it would be too expensive to develop or tune another one for a rarely used game mode). I played a little and reached Platinum with little effort. Then games became EXTREMELY harder to win, lots of diamond and masters (in regular comp ranking). I performed inconsistently against them and lost several matches in a row, dropped to 2300-ish. Then, in the next queues I’ve received exactly the same message about longer queue times. They disappeared after I’ve reached my platinum again, but against MUCH easier opponents.

I’ve been telling this for two years on this forum - this matchmaker is very bad at matching players, it maybe accurate about the rank after several hundreds of matches (which is ridiculous), but it fails completely when creating “fair” matches.

Matchmaker is working only with what he has as resource. And its players. The less players there is, more smurf abusing ranking system there is , the more inconsistent things will happen. If idk 5 bilions people were playing it, it would be much more previse and very balanced games. But we dont have that since tgere is not so many people playing it.

You are right about couple playing . Thats why i said theoreticly, it was not deeply thought idea :slight_smile:

Idk man, i usualy solo q and before instant games happened few days back my waiting times were like 3 minutes. And i am in 2800-2900 sr range as you? Ugh i just checked your profile. How the hell can you be grandmaster with 1890SR? :slight_smile:

I will share my comp ffa experience with you. I was placed in 2900 and after I climbed to 3284 in 3 days which is kind of funny because I am high plat in normal comp. I even activated sms protection after and played another 50 games to have shiny top500 icon :smile:. Pretty much all my games i saw the line about long searching time. But in reality i was placed in games after like 20 seconds to 2 minutes.

I don’t play on Oldphardt anymore, it’s completely out of date :slight_smile: Feel free to check out my main bronzeshmurf#2769. I never said I’m a GM, I said I played in comp FFA against masters and diamonds.

My wait times were just like yours during last season, 2-3 minutes. In this - they are instant, and games are hilarious, I don’t even tilt, I lmao all the way, it’s PotatoeWatch at Woodden tier.

This is exactly what’s going on. I manage to stay only 300 SR below my previous season high. And games are horrifically one-sided.

You have good mechanics and positioning, it’s all that matters in FFA :slight_smile: Which hero did you use to climb?

MMR and SR are obviously not the same, dunno why people think SR is even relevant to bring up in terms of the game trying to match you versus other as it’s just a rough indication of were your MMR most likely is at.

The MMR also drops slower than your SR, like if I would to drop 500 SR right now today my counter-part in the other team would still be a diamond most likely alternative a player who’ve dropped fast as me or the enemy team generally being stronger than my teammates to make up for the MMR gap.

I used McCree he is my most played hero ::grin:

I think it really depends in which rank you are playing. I guess mmr and sr can have big gaps when you decay but that would be only case probably. Normaly its very close. Otherwise you would see more balanced games with gold,+ smurfs in lower elos. But in reality there is often one person who is better than anyone else dominating without someone equal on enemy side.

Which is good thing i guess because its making smurfs escape low elos faster.

“Hi your honor, I’d like to present exhibit A and B.”

And then the defense ignores exhibit B, and calls it worthless while unable to accept they were playing baseball with a tennis racket.

You then start listing things that are not mmr. Wow the excuses now have children!

Because totally no other players around at prime time weekday. But wait! This is 2 seconds into matchmaking (actually it was instant, but photo proof etc) so this excuse doesn’t fly either.

Maybe if i go slower and line out each step for you?
If it didn’t give these two accounts the same queue message, then they are in different queues. Since no instant game for either, they did not remove available players for a match (actually they added), but the matchmaker did not consider these accounts close enough in mmr to face or play with each other. This is super strange as a lot of players right now have super quick game found times, with really far reaching SR ranges.

The most obvious answer to the above is the climbing account has overrated SR to mmr, while the suddenly dropped 250SR account has underrated SR to mmr. The mmr variance on these accounts is so large they will not be put in a match together. Thus the resulting matches will be of completely different difficulty, but at less than 1/3rd the gain/loss difference of a single game SR.

That is a rigged game. Choosing specific accounts to have harder/easier games is rigging.

No one should be playing a game in gold that is as skilled as a game in diamond because their mmr is skewed from a win streak. Just chuck them in a gold game with people of similar SR.

Yes, your proof is completely worthless to make a claim like rigged matchmaker. If you dont see that, idk what more i can say to you about this. Maybe trx to look on internet? To see how to prove theory/conspiracy with actual evidence?

You have one picture of not proving anything + bunch of stuff without evidence at all.

If simple logic doesnt work in your case , i am deeply sorry for you. Every logical argument or explenation is just excuse for you. And i thought you could be open minded lol.

1 Like

MMR does not match SR exactly, but they’re quite close. I don’t see how this proves anything as the long wait time even appears for near instaqueues for me. It’s just bugged.

The unbalanced games has less to do with the matchmaker and more to do with the game design itself which probably is the reason why Blizz have said they don’t really consider smurfing to be that much of an issue.

Now obviously there’s smurfs out there that ruin the fun experience for others, no one is arguing against that, we’ve all experienced it however the amount of games is widely exaggerated.

It always comes down to which team/players that perform better and it’s impossible for the matchmaker to forsee tilt, people who will play better than expected and so on and since OW is a game of momentum it’s extremely easy to snowball another team if you get the upper hand.

For example, if you put 2 diamond or higher widows on each team filled with low/mid plat players it’s very likely that the widow that performs slightly better that game which could be either of the two will lead their team to an easy victory because if you win most of the duels versus another widow and there’s nothing to contest you will just get a few more easy picks causing the enemy team to stagger and the staggering aspect is probably why people think they being smurfed that much in lower ranks because in order to break the enemy teams momentum you need to group up and do an proper attack so when people just keep on dying left and right it will build up the feeling of it being completly unwinnable.

Then you have the other scenario when the matchmaker try to balance one or a few better players with noticable lower skilled players against a solid team which is in the middle skillwise compared to you and your teammates. So let’s say a diamond who gets a few low plats, maybe a gold and a mid plat or similar versus a team of solid mid to high plat skilled players. Now if the best players on the team with a bigger variation don’t perform extremely good in such game while the worse players do less mistakes than they normally do it’s very likely that you get steamrolled. But again, if your team perform great it’s likely that you win so it’s in reality a rather fair match up just that the end result will be one sided to either of the teams.

Overall the matchmaker is pretty good and most games isn’t lost because of throwers, smurfs or similar. Just one team performing slightly better than the other and slightly better can look like a landslide in this game.

3 Likes

The 8 difference in SR is meaningless. The accounts could be quite far apart in terms of MMR. Or, maybe they’re very close, and the “long wait” message was erroneous, which has been reported a lot lately. An even simpler explanation is that the first account joining the queue increased the pool enough to keep the message from appearing for the 2nd account. Either way it means nothing for rigged matchmaking conspiracies.

1 Like

You come up with excuses and call them logic. I gave you the most logical explanation and you can’t even consider it. The definition of close minded.

One proves the 8 SR difference. The other shows the long queue warning on only one account.

You claim close but then why did only 1 account get the long warning. This was instant, and held through the 30 seconds.

Maybe it is caused when the matchmaker knows your mmr and SR have diverged by a factor of x (so not actually by estimated queue time but just a programmed guess), but there was a game available it could put you in as there was a similarly diverged player already queued.

See above step by step. You missed a step.

Why happen instantly, and not vanish within 30 seconds. If the system can assess the 1 extra player in a game of thousands upon thousands of players, in a millisecond faster than my ping would even allow, why didn’t it update the erroneous one?

I’d accept it as a glitch, but this is the third time I’ve had two account match up on SR during skewed win/loss streaks and thought to test the theory. This time I was so confident I could predict what would happen so I took a photo as quickly as possible when I hit search. And it is always the loss streak account that gets the warning.

Maybe you all think I believe this happens permanently to an account. I actually think it lasts for at most 15 games when the mmr corrects itself to SR or vice versa. I have climbed accounts and don’t think every game is rigged.

What I do believe is that this situation occurs as an anti smurf protection, but has way too many false positives - leading to players being assumed to be massively better or worse than they are and being put into “even” matches on that mistake.

Every “forced” streak explained.