Projectil Hitbox size's (width) table

I recommend both of you to read the whole post especially the first edit. And the new edit3

And @Lethal also edit4

What I say in the first edit also counts here.
Tho Ive been here since launch and haven’t seen or heard of that can you tell me when amd where they said that.

The devs said they are among the smallest not solo the Smallest
Check Edit4 where I linked that.

Havent tested that yet you can do it yourself (code is in the main post) or I will do it later after work.

Will look at it properly when im home Video isn’t loading on mobil rn.

Thought of the same but it wouldn’t explain Zarya’s

How so? From the last nerf she got in August 2019, it has been stated her Beam width is now always 0.15, which is scale perfectly if it’s 0.3 in diameters.

And if you are talking about the right click, I don’t think they ever mentioned it, might be wrong tho.

Oh and btw the Sym beam width is officially 0.2 and not 0.15 as mentioned before(the live version tuned down the nerfs), which is also fit perfectly to 0.4 in diameters.

So it’s pretty much confirm it, they are using radius as measurement.

1 Like

Oh sorry I meant Symmetra and not Zarya and also Thought she still has 0.15.

So yea you where right its most likely the Radius.

Gonna make a 3 edit then xD

Edit1:

That’s really well-made Props You seem to have put a lot of effort into that.

Well not all People are as Lazy as I am it seems xD.

1 Like

So…i viewed the Hanzo video and i have few questions:

At 0.21 gap you go straight in the middle of the wall behind.
So why does at 0.2 all the arrows get sticked onto the barrier of the Rein on the right? Is it some sort of magnetism to help peoplehitting their shots?

If it isn’t then could it be that the crossair and the projectile spawn are not synched? (the arrow spawn slightly on the right)

If it is the latest i think that most of the tests could be wrong?

Imagen Hanzo’s Arrow not as an Arrow but as a Ball with the diameter 0.2m (200mm) a soccer ball basically. If this virtual ball hits any other hitbox it inflicts damage.

The Visual Arrow you see will just teleport to the position of where this ball touched the other hitbox so it looks like it stuck in the thing it hit.

If I would remove the right Reinhardt the arrow would automatically teleport to the left one instead.

Aka the arrow going to the right is only visual.

If your second assumption would be true the arrow would be to the right if the crosshair at a gap of 0.21m which it isn’t.

1 Like

Thats looking really good! but im thinking the “thickness” and/or the angle of the rein barrier could affect the result. when you first move forward the projectile lands on the front of the barrier. when you move backwards it will land on the back of the barrier. that should mean you include the thickness of the barrier into the result.

well to be fair, 0.2m ingame is not 0.2m in real life. :smile: like if you look at the basketballs in spawnroom they have an in game size of around 0.4m in diameter. and in practice range you have lines for 10m, 20m and so on, but the distance between each line looks more like 5m

Well thats more of a perspective thing.

If you measure the eye height of the Heroes for example you get pretty normal results. Sombra I think has an eye height of 1.65m if I remember correctly.

And she doesn’t look like she is only halt of that.

Summary

i just tried it ingame (y component of event players eye position) and sombra has an eye height of 2.30m, sigma 3.1m rein 2.8m. the characters are obviously not half of that, but there is also no way sombra is ~2.5m (2.30 + whatever height is above eyes).
and i tried spawning a sphere in spawn next to basketball, its pretty much exactly 0.4m in diameter.

edit: actually nevermind, those results are +1m caused by base position of the map.

but i know i saw a dev comment on it somewhere i just dont remember where or in what context. i only remember the “meters in game are not equal to meters in real life” part.

If you only use that one line it will give you the height from the 0 point of the map to Sombra’s Eyeposition and not from the Ground up you need to Subtract it from her normal Position first.

Because I get 1.30 for Sombra for example with a simple:
actions
{
Set Global Variable(A, Subtract(Y Component Of(Eye Position(Event Player)), Y Component Of(Position Of(Event Player))));
}

And well it isn’t really possible to compair rl meters with Ingame meters.
We only can compair them to other ingame stuff and when a Hero still has what for us would be normal human height its save to assume the Scale is fairly accurate (Maybe not 100% but a football inrl would be to scale to the Heroes ingame.)

And Looking at it through a screen isn’t at all accurate (Which is why in game cliffs don’t seem deep.) Thats all the more Obv is you once worked in a CAD progam where one big problem is reaizing the Scale. You would need VR for that

yes you are right on the height actually! i did keep in mind that i need to subtract by y component of current position but i messed up by putting it to y component of (event player) instead of y component of (position of (event player)).
like you said my result was depending on where im standing, and where i was standing the y component was 1m. Y component of (event player) always results in 0

1 Like

I don’t think the angle matter, since it’s the same angle when he walks back. The only thing that actually be different is the thickness of the shield.

Anyway I made a quick mode to test the thickness of the shield with McCree (code : ZVFZR )

It seems it’s less than 0.1 meters in diameters. It might not have any thickness dimension at all if McCree have 0.1 meter radius shots.

i dont think the angle matters much either, but it could have a small effect as the shield is not perfectly flat.
from my understanding hitscan shots dont really have a radius at all so that “less than 0.1meters” is probably the thickness of the shield.
SchWiniX meassured the width of junkrats shot to 0.4m and in your clip it shows the lenght as 0.43m. i wonder if the added 0.03m is actually the barrier?

Yeah my bad, I got confused with his ult diameter(which is in the OP’s post), and anyway its 0.02(0.01 in radius) and not 0.2. I tested his primary and it seems it either has no dimension or less than 0.01.

Back to the shield thickness, I’ve tried to do more accurate test and this is the results:
https://imgur.com/a/OeKk8iC
As you can see, it’s hitting on one specific 0.11 meters point, which mean
it’s about 0.01 in diameters.
(don’t ask me why the actual shot hitting the surface animation and the reticle are on different positions)

Wtf jeff nice hitboxes cyberspot game

Ah SchWiniX… You really are our gem in these forums, you know that? :slight_smile: Thank you so much for this. Wish there was a follow button so I wouldn’t miss any of your future posts

2 Likes

Many many thanks to the creator of this workshop code and for compiling this data.

I recently use this workshop code and bodged it to measure the true spread of various weapons in the game and while most were accurate to what the wikis claim some were shockingly inaccurate:

1 Like

Orisa? What about her projectiles? I need that for a project im doing.

I tried to measure her spread and it’s going to be hard as it seems her projectiles aren’t tiny AND she has a fixed wide spread.

That’s right her spread is never narrow, every shot has a random dispersion, so you can’t shoot one projectile straight through a gap. A rare case of a projectile with random spread.

So this is like a quantum physics experiment trying to measure the size of electrons.

I wonder… if we had a DOUBLE Reinhart gap will we get an interference pattern? Is it possible for a bullet to be both a projectile and a hitscan at the same time? But by the very process of looking we risk changing the results (when the devs release a new patch)

1 Like

Glad this post still brings new stuff even tho I’m extremely inactive.

I once too searched for only Sombra’s spread angle (At the time they changed it) and found out that just as much as they use Radius here they use the spread angle from the centerline of the Character too.
I complained about the way the devs use numbers at the time but sadly that never got to anywhere A letter to the Dev team and the Players regarding Numbers in Patchnotes (Wall of text sorry)

For the wiki yea there pretty much innaccurate on anything I used to test. Casttimes, Hitboxes, etc.

But good job testing them all had to be alot of work I remember being to lazy at the time xD

1 Like

??? I just loaded into 7QW6W as ana and used her hipfire

0.00m is a hit (duh)

Hit interact once

0.01m is a miss into the wall???

IS IT REALLY THAT SMALL???