Pro tip on finding console players on your team

If you are on PC, press “P” anytime from setup onwards. If you see the crossplay icon under a player’s name, it’s a console player.

Just now, I was in a match and forgot to check. So while playing attack on Gibraltar, I am besides myself as to why one dps has less than 800 dmg… and the match is almost over as cart went almost nowhere! I press P to check… and it’s crossplay… a console player.

Now, it’s different if they don’t have to aim, like the Rein was console also, but he doesn’t need to really aim. But otherwise, these players usually underperform badly.

Do what you will with this info, but for me, it’s always leave immediately at setup (if I remember to check). Some say this is toxic, and I don’t care if it is. Because it’s unfair to have two console players on my team against an obviously cracked sniper and well coordinated team.

Thanks.

10 Likes

I thought it was quite obvious on how to identify a console player from a PC player

7 Likes

It’s always fun to stomp pc players, such arrogance.

26 Likes

This. That arrogance was also in DBD until crossplay got added and they got stomped.

Look, to any PC player that reads this, xim is like an aimbot. Anyone high ranked on console is always going to face at least one xim. When you can play against aim bot and win consistently, then you can talk about skill.

4 Likes

It’s not arrogance, it’s smarts. You’re the arrogant one with your cheater utility called XIM.

There is no crossplay in ranked so obviously I am talking about unranked, where even in masters filled lobbies there are plenty of carries on console being brought in and they usually are very poorly performing.

You XIM cheaters can have your fun when you’re not smurfing.

4 Likes

Don’t use a xim and I don’t smurf, so…

You can direct that at someone else.

8 Likes

I have the exact same experience

If I play QP and someone is badly underperforming they always seem to be from a console, though we can determine which one, so for all we know it could be switch players lol.

2 Likes

Ill fix your post for you.

“Its unfair for my team not to be balanced properly by obviously have lesser skilled players on it.”

I can out aim pc players before they even added aim assist at most ranks outside of the top ten percent.

Skill levels exist and not all console players are the same. The dps player could of been a kid playing on a sibligs account. Relax.

4 Likes

I’ll fix your post for you too.

“Your comments about console players underperforming are invalid, because I exist as that 1 out of 10 that can out-aim PC players.”

Exceptions to the rule don’t invalidate generalizations.

You are making assumptions and making up statistics due to a bias of a few bad experiences

Just your post alone is toxic so your comments mean nothing.

8 Likes

At least 8 out of 10 times there is a console player in the match, I see very deep underperformance, even when it’s a master+ lobby.

It’s more than a few, it’s a regular pattern. Some others have this experience too. Why is it toxic to show how to identify and potentially avoid these?

1 Like

8 out of ten is still a stretch thats why as is deep underperformance. So its you saying 8 out of ten matches have a console player and they all suck. Which is just untrue. Like i said you have a bias.

Quickplay never has matched based on rank to begin with. Its everyone in one group. You could have a bronze vs a gm.

So, yes lower skilled players regardless of platform will underperform.

3 Likes

Funny. Arent y’all the same people who cry about aim assist

And sincce we’re treating personal experience as the mass majoirty. i queue with my pc friends all the time, and every game it felt like i was playing in a silver lobby. I dominanted nearly every match and ive gotten lots of comments calling me a cheater or praising my aim.

Heres one of the few videos i bothered recording. End of the round was 59% accuracy btw

2 Likes

No offense, I definitely think this guy is toxic af, but that vid was pretty mid… Not hard to aim being pocketed, with nobody even looking at you.

2 Likes

Trust me i had way better moments. Without being pocket too. That was just the only one i bothered recording because i thought the comment was funny. I was only being pocketed in that clip because one of my friends was a mercy main

No, I feel ya. I get it. I rarely bother to save my clips. Usually it’s because they make me laugh, not because they were skillful.

I have a bastion tank teamkill because it reminds me of how funny that game was.

I kept turreting in different unexpected places and wiping their team. The vid is the cherry on top. From the very back of 1st cap Volskaya I ulted, popped out and nuked their entire team. Got me my tank4pc trophy. Now I don’t have to play him anymore. :slight_smile:

Then there was another on Cairo or w/e where me, a hanzo, and lucio surprise backcapped them after getting totally stomped. COMPLETELY SILENT, no coordination. Respect to those two. We won a game we shouldn’t have by playing smart.

Good times. OW1 was nice.

1 Like

It’s definitely 8 out of 10, maybe higher. Why am I not allowed to play the game according to my experience? Are you saying just because YOU don’t have this experience, I have to follow what YOU are doing?

Now that is arrogance on your part. Or you are just defending one of your friends who groups with you on console and does a terrible job without XIM cheating.

It can he 8 out of ten matches have a console player in quickplay im not surprised. Not arguing that.

They dont all suck and i bet its 50 50 when the pc or console player outperforms the other.

You have a bias. Its fact you leave every game with a console player on damage or at all because you assume they will suck. Which is just wrong.

There are equally as many matches where you got a bronze pc dps going against a diamond or higher dps. Same thing.

3 Likes

well in order to control inner fears of being obliterated by controller, pc must always have the advantage, or feel as such to preserve arrogance. an even playing field would cause mental pandemonium amongst ineffective pc players and cause arrogance to deflate. YouTube

5 Likes

Is it an even playing field or is there aim assist involved?

1 Like