Private Profiles are the worst thing to happen to the game

Forced Private Profiles ruined Overwatch. It’s annoying that when I want to check my team in comp to try to make up a team comp that all I’m faced with is Private Profiles. I would have been okay with giving us the ability to private our profiles, but forcing everyone’s profile to start out private means people aren’t going to realize that and will never change it. And still to this day there are a majority of profiles still private. People will Insta-lock dps and refuse to switch and back before private profiles I’d usually check their profile to see who they are good at and politely ask them to switch to a hero they are more comfortable with. Now I can’t even do that. I can’t work with my team to make a team comp especially when people refuse to join voice chat.

17 Likes

Fixed it for you …

36 Likes

Personally I like private profiles, finally I can play dps while being a tank main

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing that info. I believe i missed the other 1000 topics created about this matter. If people want to have private profiles, i will respect their decision.

13 Likes

Three letters for you: LFG.

This addresses all of your concerns.

You’re welcome.

9 Likes

You aren’t in charge of “making” a team comp. No one wants to be told what to pick by a random stranger. Players who queue already have a good idea of who they want to play. Some want to play only one character, some don’t mind filling. Get over yourself.

11 Likes

When people flame about private profiles 9X% of the time they are just angry because they can’t blame people for their defeat with things like: “oh, you only have a 49% winrate on hero X? that couldn’t end well … thanks for throwing.”

12 Likes

Communication is a good tool to have in team based games. Viewing profiles is not needed.

4 Likes

If you refuse to make a team comp then you are throwing. I’m not telling what they should play I’m offering to make a better team comp so we can have a better chance of winnig

Let us be honest … noone looks at a Rein or Mercy profile and tells them to switch if this are not their main heroes or if they have a low winrate. They are looking at the dps to see if there is some dirt on their profile and force them to switch because they want to play dps themself.

2 Likes

You can do that without looking at any profile at all. You just need to talk.

1 Like

What they should do is add an option to set your profile to ‘group only’.

That way we don’t have to worry about wanting to hide our profile to the enemy team while still being able to share info with teammates.

1 Like

80% of the games in low elo people refuse to get into voice chat.

You’re wrong OP. LFG is the worst thing happen to game. More troll reports to influence other trolls to agree with their reports resulting to a ban. Endorsements just adds salt to the wound.

Not at all, I’m a Tank/Support main.

^^^^ this and there’s no other answer.

You and I have different definitions of throwing. However, to explain my first post a little better:

Players are going to pick who they feel most comfortable with. You are not in charge of deciding if they would be better off being someone else, as you have NO idea if they feel comfortable enough on that character or not. Take my profile for example. I have the most time on Tracer by a pretty wide margin. In all honesty I haven’t played her in MONTHS. I am no longer comfortable on her. Someone thinking they know me better than I do and telling me to switch would only hurt the team.

You are not in charge of anyone on your team. If their profile is private, take their character choice at face value. You don’t have any other choice anyways. Even if their profile is public, you have NO authority to tell them to switch.

5 Likes

I disagree … it’s an awesome addition. Throwers and trolls are much more rare in lfg than in solo q.

You don’t speak for everyone and don’t follow by their statistics either. It can be easily abused just like in other games that has lfg. You don’t speak for every player just because your experience had a positive outlook.

People flex or they don’t … pointing at their profiles will only make them tilt. Beside that … below diamond team comps are meaningless. You should have one main healer and a good tank, the rest doesn’t matter that much. In bronze to plat you lose games because teams doesn’t communicate, people have zero gameknowledge and teams tilt over every ****.