Private career profiles were a mistake

Lol ok dude didnt ask

What? What if I want to play a new hero?

Who are you to decide I’m throwing based on literally no information?

3 Likes

Having more hours on a hero than others in a role is not a guarantee the player is good at the hero

4 Likes

You posted on a public forum. Making change requires other people’s inputs and potential reactions. Not just yours.

8 Likes

Based on how you’ve acted in this thread, people like you are exactly why people have private profiles.

22 Likes

I’m literally a Lucio one trick man I get flamed the most out of anyone

1 Like

They are not a mistake, they are just a placebo for people that actually think that when someone wants to be toxic, a Private Profile is going to stop said toxicity.

Spoiler alert: In 99,9999% of the cases it wont. It only takes 1 reason away out of like 150.

1 Like

That doesn’t change anything in regards to what I just said.

1 Like

You can handle it. Others can’t. Because other people exist.

Why do we have to explain these concepts to you.

1 Like

This “I can handle it so everyone else can too” mentality is where things go wrong. Some people are more sensitive to criticism and honestly, through reading your replies, you seem like the kind of person that caused private profiles to exist in the first place

20 Likes

They should be open by default but I get why they aren’t being it doesn’t mater when you’re playing with random strangers.

You can’t make anyone swap and the info alone gains you nothing outside of the rare hey I can go ______ if you want to go ____ being you see they play a certain hero more than you. Yet even that isn’t really needed as much when the game went into a 222 role queue system.

That was more of a I can go tank, if you want to go support, so they can go DPS moves.

Only 149 more to go then.

I liked to know what heroes people play so I don’t step on any toes and can pick around people and I don’t like to talk to people in case they’re unpleasant and get prickly for some reason from getting asked what heroes they play. All in all, I still try to wait around for people to pick so I can pick around them, but private profiles kind of made me more apathetic about comp.

Why is it that every single one of these threads is written by the exact kind of person that people hide their profile for. You will know what hero someone plays once they pick it. You don’t need to know anything other than that.

15 Likes

I like private profiles. It prevents my opponent from preparing against my hero choices. I’m a serial one trick.

2 Likes

And I want to see how my crush looks like in a swimsuit but they wont release a lifeguard Rein skin. Point is, we don’t always get what we want, especially when that something has nothing to do with us.

8 Likes

If your gameplay is contingent on someone else… The insecurity is on you.

Profiles in general imo was the actual mistake. You need to keep your eyeballs on the game

8 Likes

i have mine on profile to not be attacked/judged for who i main and my winrate. sure im never on teamchat but still

this too.

1 Like

Correct. Maybe if people focused on enabling my current pick instead of finding a way to force another pick on me, they’d win more

11 Likes

It’s posts like these that prove why Private Profiles were implemented in the first place.

7 Likes