"Poor Teamwork" needs to not be a report option anymore

Ad hominem which fails to address the question.

It’s both. Players are not forced to report each other. They make a willful decision to do so. As such, they carry a measure of the responsibility for those actions, for good or for ill.

Based on his words: His intent was to try, even though he is not confident in his abilities.

To interpret it in any other way would be guessing. Sometimes players say they are horrible when they are not or the team misreads the reason why they are face rolled. So you literally have to read what they write as “truth”.

It is indeed not very clear for what you can repot and for what not so idk why it even exists. I just use it as I please.

Blizzard wants you to try your best and make honest judgements on what you choose to do. If you really believe your Hanzo will save the match while your team believes you won’t, choose Hanzo. They do not want you to choose Hanzo when you “know” your Hanzo play is not ready for your rank.

Note: I know what I said above in another post but in this case the players knows what they believe. Other people do not possess this information.

There is a tremendous amount of evidence that it is abused in exactly this way.

I’ll grant that there are many people who use it properly. If you have a player that uses highly irregular tactics without producing any real result over an extended period, ignoring reasonable and respectful requests from the team, at the end of the match, I say go for it.

But if players tilt over it before or during the game, become hostile or immature, play poorly themselves in ‘protest’, before giving the player a reasonable opportunity to supply results with their hero choice and tactics, you’ve thrown away the high ground. At this point the ‘offending’ player can no longer be blamed and should not be reported.

In short, I firmly believe that only model players should be using the report system. Don’t go casting that first stone.

1 Like

If anything needs to happen to “Poor Teamwork” it would be to change the title of it so people stop claiming it’s unclear. It’s really quite clear about what it intends:

• Constantly communicating in a negative way (i.e. “This team is horrible”). So if you have someone in your match who is not hurling slurs and threats around (therefore not qualifying for “abusive chat”), but is spending the whole game criticizing, whining, blaming others, etc., that person is being a poor teammate.
  • Not trying to play the objective. Say your Tracer is spending the whole match sneaking into the enemy backlines, and once there she smashes her dance emote until people notice and try to kill her. Or your Genji is spending the whole map looking for unusual wallclimb spots instead of actually playing the game. Or a two-stack is goofing off with each other and not contributing. They are being poor teammates.

Someone who picks a hero and is trying to do what they are supposed to do with that hero is not being a poor teammate, even if the hero choice didn’t pan out. The report window explicitly says this.

1 Like

Poor teamwork isn’t a reason to report someone already. Sure, there are people who don’t communicate and/or work with the team, but extreme lengths of that is called greifing.

you don’t know what ad hominem is

If someone is spending a competitive match destroying all destructible objects in a map instead of fighting with the team, that’s poor teamwork, and reportable under that category which is needed for situations like that.

If someone is playing a hero you don’t like while trying their best to complete the map objectives with the team, the hero selection is not to be reported as poor teamwork. Attack torb could be reportable, but not because of the torb. Instead, it’s only reportable when the player’s behavior clearly shows they are not trying to win… such as building turrets only in spawn, or never placing any turrets to begin with.

This is something I don’t do. I even write in on of my post that:

“First of all, the act of playing only one hero is not reportable on its own. If you see someone lock in any hero, you need to give that person a chance to see if it works out.”

1 Like

That easily falls under Inactivity.

I’d rather one tricks have a low priority queue.

His intent was to throw the game, don’t be so naive. He got too sensitive over us asking him to switch, so instead he decided to be adamant about playing hanzo, even though he was basically contributing nothing.

This isn’t about playing badly. The hanzo on my team was clearly uninterested in winning the match. He was playing purely for his own selfish enjoyment, while trying to aggravate his teammates, simply because we asked him to switch since his character choice wasn’t working. It didn’t bother him at all that his decisions were effecting the results of the match and thus the ranks of other players. This is one of the types of scenarios I am talking about and why Poor Teamwork is a legitimate report feature.

The Poor Teamwork option is not being abused to report people who play off-meta/ niche heroes.

This statement is false. That might not be ALL it’s used for, but that wasn’t the claim, and you can’t deny that a lot of people have been reported at the very start of a game just because someone picked an off-meta hero. There are mountains of proof for this - including people being recorded literally saying they’re reporting someone for their pick/one-tricking. You can’t just sweep the problem under the rug like it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Symmetra one trick complaining about Poor Teamwork report option because everyone reports them for it, who’d guess :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I mean, if we’re you want to be pedantic about it, then sure but I think you’re smart enough to recognize that I was trying to make a pragmatic generalization about the issue. By and large, the report system is not being abused, it’s being used appropriately.

Honestly I’ve seen enough around here that I really couldn’t tell and I rather just not take the chance. Excuse my reflex. People are constantly coming into threads meant to raise awareness about the actual abuses of the system to point out obvious things that only distract from the issue. In this case, I admit it’s a little different since this is calling for a specific change rather than just raising awareness. I’m just weary of all the hate and the people who enable it (and I’m not even a one-trick). Bliz can’t fix the problems unless we speak up about them is all.

Example of a rash thought: Your team set him up. They hounded him during the match about changing until the player broke and became toxic. Now the team has grounds to accuse him of poor teamwork. And for added measure you got him to tilt, which is why “he wrote” the comment.

In your post you didn’t mention your team was “asking” him to change throughout the match. This is why you don’t jump to conclusions because it is unlikely you are seeing the whole picture. So it’s not naivete that I am showing but caution.

1 Like