"Poor Teamwork" needs to not be a report option anymore

It’s too subjective. I can report someone because they are playing a hero I don’t want them to play. Enough people do this and they’ll get auto banned.

Who am I to judge someone else at my rank?

Abusive chat, griefing, etc. Are all pretty crystal clear and can be proven, and should stay as legitimate report categories. People also use the poor teamwork option to justify reporting off meta mains/one tricks even though they’re not supposed to.

29 Likes

I would suggest going in TC.

Let’s say I lock Reaper. I’ll always say, “Hey guys I’m going Reaper for this round. I’ll switch off next round or I don’t do good.”

Chances are that they’re going to call you up on that and you’ll be alright with them. If they’re toxic and aren’t fine with that, you have the other 4 teammates of yours to report him for being the one who’s not communicating effectively.

1 Like

The Poor Teamwork option is not being abused to report people who play off-meta/ niche heroes. It’s used to punish people who ruin the experience of the game for other players; people who do not cooperate with the team and in a manner that inhibits completing map objectives.

21 Likes

In other news, [Edited by Blizzard] teamwork.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. Blizzard Support - Forum Code of Conduct

That is what he what the OP is talking about. All of what you have said is subjective. Especially when you have trouble identifying the difference between cooperation and obeying.

7 Likes

That is why Blizzard decides who gets punished or not, not us. If you have a problem with their system or how it works then blame them not the players.

If everything I wrote is subjective then Blizzard’s definition of poor teamwork is subjective. My understanding of PT is based on the one in the report system, do you dispute what Blizzard thinks?

That’s assuming they have sorted out the problems with their automated system…

That is an issue on Blizzard’s end and it should be taken to them not the players.

I have a dispute with how the community interprets what Blizzard “thinks”. Blizzard does not want someone to feel pressured into choosing a hero. Especially if the pressure is caused by the chance of being reported for not being cooperative.

The key way to know if someone is being uncooperative is whether their intent is to be. People are not really equipped to prove this within a match.

4 Likes

In other words players are still in jeopardy if it hasn’t been fixed. If the volume of reports is more important then the quality of those reports, then it’s still a problem.

2 Likes

Uhm sure, but again, it’s not a player problem is a Blizzard problem. And you can’t assume that all reports are unjustified, some might but not all, in any case dismissing them is not going to accomplish anything, those reports will still come. It’s on Blizzard’s end what is going to happen about that.

The community doesn’t have to “guess” what Blizzard thinks. They said it many times that this game is based on switching heroes to adapt, that they don’t think it’s good to only play one hero, and that one-tricking may cripple your team. The only thing they said for the side of one-tricks is that “hero choice is not bannable”. People use that as an argument when they’re being useless and disregarding teamwork and when others report them for that, saying that it’s a report for “playing x hero” and therefore a false report, which it isn’t. The only case when it is true is when someone reports you right at the start of the match for hero pick, which is not gonna happen nearly as often enough to trigger an automatic suspension.

2 Likes

Yeah, so that’s based on your perspective. Based on what you said I can be salty and report the allied Tracer/Genji who is away from us flanking as “poor teamwork.”

Unless you’re in a coordinated stack, what is “poor teamwork” will vary from person to person.

Hero choice is not reportable, end of story.

There’s a current group of people that are trying to twist the ‘not complete map objectives’ part of the ‘poor teamwork’ report to justify reporting one tricks.

They are claiming that by not swapping when hero counters are present, that player is not trying to complete map objectives which is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in my entire life.

7 Likes

You can though. Just the other day, I came across a hanzo in one of my ranked matches. After getting steamrolled on defense one of my teammates asked him to switch since he was being a liability to our team. Instead he just types in chat "I’m not throwing I’m just bad at Hanzo :^) " How is that not poor teamwork?

If you’d actually do that then it’d just show your level of ignorance about this game.

I agree. People interpret ‘poor teamwork’ in a myriad of ways, which means they can report people for anything they like. Everything can be reported, and nothing can be reported. That’s the major reason why people are so confused on the subject of proper reporting.

2 Likes

Every report card should give extremely clear examples of what constitutes that reportable action.

The ‘poor teamwork’ card only gives an example for negative communication “This team is horrible.”

I hope they fix it as these people are manipulating that report to attack one-tricks! :frowning:

1 Like

Because being bad at the game is not “poor teamwork” and that you think it could be is evidence for why it is a poor reporting category.

1 Like