"Poor Teamwork" needs to not be a report option anymore

I have a dispute with how the community interprets what Blizzard “thinks”. Blizzard does not want someone to feel pressured into choosing a hero. Especially if the pressure is caused by the chance of being reported for not being cooperative.

The key way to know if someone is being uncooperative is whether their intent is to be. People are not really equipped to prove this within a match.

4 Likes

In other words players are still in jeopardy if it hasn’t been fixed. If the volume of reports is more important then the quality of those reports, then it’s still a problem.

2 Likes

Uhm sure, but again, it’s not a player problem is a Blizzard problem. And you can’t assume that all reports are unjustified, some might but not all, in any case dismissing them is not going to accomplish anything, those reports will still come. It’s on Blizzard’s end what is going to happen about that.

The community doesn’t have to “guess” what Blizzard thinks. They said it many times that this game is based on switching heroes to adapt, that they don’t think it’s good to only play one hero, and that one-tricking may cripple your team. The only thing they said for the side of one-tricks is that “hero choice is not bannable”. People use that as an argument when they’re being useless and disregarding teamwork and when others report them for that, saying that it’s a report for “playing x hero” and therefore a false report, which it isn’t. The only case when it is true is when someone reports you right at the start of the match for hero pick, which is not gonna happen nearly as often enough to trigger an automatic suspension.

2 Likes

Yeah, so that’s based on your perspective. Based on what you said I can be salty and report the allied Tracer/Genji who is away from us flanking as “poor teamwork.”

Unless you’re in a coordinated stack, what is “poor teamwork” will vary from person to person.

Hero choice is not reportable, end of story.

There’s a current group of people that are trying to twist the ‘not complete map objectives’ part of the ‘poor teamwork’ report to justify reporting one tricks.

They are claiming that by not swapping when hero counters are present, that player is not trying to complete map objectives which is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in my entire life.

7 Likes

You can though. Just the other day, I came across a hanzo in one of my ranked matches. After getting steamrolled on defense one of my teammates asked him to switch since he was being a liability to our team. Instead he just types in chat "I’m not throwing I’m just bad at Hanzo :^) " How is that not poor teamwork?

If you’d actually do that then it’d just show your level of ignorance about this game.

I agree. People interpret ‘poor teamwork’ in a myriad of ways, which means they can report people for anything they like. Everything can be reported, and nothing can be reported. That’s the major reason why people are so confused on the subject of proper reporting.

2 Likes

Every report card should give extremely clear examples of what constitutes that reportable action.

The ‘poor teamwork’ card only gives an example for negative communication “This team is horrible.”

I hope they fix it as these people are manipulating that report to attack one-tricks! :frowning:

1 Like

Because being bad at the game is not “poor teamwork” and that you think it could be is evidence for why it is a poor reporting category.

1 Like

Ad hominem which fails to address the question.

It’s both. Players are not forced to report each other. They make a willful decision to do so. As such, they carry a measure of the responsibility for those actions, for good or for ill.

Based on his words: His intent was to try, even though he is not confident in his abilities.

To interpret it in any other way would be guessing. Sometimes players say they are horrible when they are not or the team misreads the reason why they are face rolled. So you literally have to read what they write as “truth”.

It is indeed not very clear for what you can repot and for what not so idk why it even exists. I just use it as I please.

Blizzard wants you to try your best and make honest judgements on what you choose to do. If you really believe your Hanzo will save the match while your team believes you won’t, choose Hanzo. They do not want you to choose Hanzo when you “know” your Hanzo play is not ready for your rank.

Note: I know what I said above in another post but in this case the players knows what they believe. Other people do not possess this information.

There is a tremendous amount of evidence that it is abused in exactly this way.

I’ll grant that there are many people who use it properly. If you have a player that uses highly irregular tactics without producing any real result over an extended period, ignoring reasonable and respectful requests from the team, at the end of the match, I say go for it.

But if players tilt over it before or during the game, become hostile or immature, play poorly themselves in ‘protest’, before giving the player a reasonable opportunity to supply results with their hero choice and tactics, you’ve thrown away the high ground. At this point the ‘offending’ player can no longer be blamed and should not be reported.

In short, I firmly believe that only model players should be using the report system. Don’t go casting that first stone.

1 Like

If anything needs to happen to “Poor Teamwork” it would be to change the title of it so people stop claiming it’s unclear. It’s really quite clear about what it intends:

• Constantly communicating in a negative way (i.e. “This team is horrible”). So if you have someone in your match who is not hurling slurs and threats around (therefore not qualifying for “abusive chat”), but is spending the whole game criticizing, whining, blaming others, etc., that person is being a poor teammate.
  • Not trying to play the objective. Say your Tracer is spending the whole match sneaking into the enemy backlines, and once there she smashes her dance emote until people notice and try to kill her. Or your Genji is spending the whole map looking for unusual wallclimb spots instead of actually playing the game. Or a two-stack is goofing off with each other and not contributing. They are being poor teammates.

Someone who picks a hero and is trying to do what they are supposed to do with that hero is not being a poor teammate, even if the hero choice didn’t pan out. The report window explicitly says this.

1 Like

Poor teamwork isn’t a reason to report someone already. Sure, there are people who don’t communicate and/or work with the team, but extreme lengths of that is called greifing.

you don’t know what ad hominem is