📊 Poll: Should Competitive Open Queue be a permanent mode?

… OMG… no one is making a comparison on region… I merely stated this was done to sate Korean players… and keep them in OWL, nothing more, its a desperation move.

I am, because of the reasons stated. SR isn’t equivalent across regions, seasons, or roles.

Did you even watch the video with Jeff? its a placating move to keep Korean players, that’s it.

No, that’s not it.

It was also as a solution to long queue times, and to present players with the choice of queue style they prefer.

1 Like

It was popular in EU as well.

There are a number of benefits to having it. I just don’t understand your rabid opposition to it.

It’s not popular in the US, so what? Rest of the world seems okay with it, so why does it matter if the US doesn’t care for it? No one is making you play it.

All I can get from this, is that you’re worried you’re going to be made to play it, and lose things in RQ. You’re only set to gain from it. If it’s so unpopular in US, why are you even concerned about it splitting the base in a region that’s fairly unified?

2 Likes

Number of times i recall seeing it = zero

Having seperate SRs imo was a very healthy change though. I personally enjoy being able to try climb on all 3 roles rather than just on my best one. Eg- i climbed most before playing dps and off tank but wen filling on main tank and support i would usually lose at 3400sr so would avoid them roles.

…but now i get to enjoy healing without worry of it affecting my overall SR gained from being an insane pharah/off tank player like pre role que and can put 100% focus into climbing in my chosen roles within balanced enviroments.

I dont think many people at all wanted 222 for the reason u stated lol. Not here for a pointless back n forth, just my opinion :upside_down_face:

Yeah, probably one of the very few genuine benefits of Role Queue.

Of course, we probably could’ve found some way to do it without 2-2-2. E.g. time spent on a certain role in a game counts for that amount of SR gained etc.

The queue times have been an ongoing issue, the Korean issue pushed them I believe. The timing is not coincidental.

Yeah, possibly.

Where are you getting this from that it’s mostly Koreans quitting though?

Sinatraa and Hafficool for example aren’t Korean.

I do know that Damage queue times were worst in Korea. I think this affects everyone there.

Yes. Definitely yes.

And now, it is permanent

I was surprised by how unpopular it was outside of Korea. I expected it to fall off from the numbers Jeff gave but I did not think it would fall off that much