Plz remove XP reward for endorsing

Plz remove XP reward to the players who press “endorse” button.

First of all, it encourages random endorcements. Do we want random players be marked as a good teammates? I don’t…
It’s basically the same problem as with the golden guns in competitive… this encourages non competitive players to be in competitive.

Second, that basically mean every player on your team will use all 3 endorsements. I.e. 18 endorsements per game. 18/6 = 3.
I.e. probability that you will get endorsement for AVERAGE behaviour is 300%!

Let’s give a specific example.
Let’s say you had:

1. Mercy. Great shortcaller and everyone loved her.
  2. Rein. Who just played. Silently. Did nothing good, and nothing bad.
  3. Rest 4 players: A,B,C,D. were toxic to each other.

Now. There are 18 endorsements. Mercy receives 5, which is max. Rein receives also 5, just because there is noone else who deserves it. And player A receives 2 - noone loved him, but ppl want XP, so they just click the first button they see; player B receives 1 - again, random; C, D receive 0.

Result:

1. Mercy and Rein has the same endorsement bonus even though Mercy communicated 1000 times better.
  2. Toxic players receive endorsements, even though they deserve a ban.
  3. Mercy receives just 2.5 more times endorsements than toxic player A.
6 Likes

Lol I get what you’re saying but that math is whack.

7 Likes

You only get to use 3 endorsements per game. It would take you 267 games of using all 3 votes to get one level.

Edit: it’s said elsewhere in the thread but I’ll post it here anyways: it’s 25xp per endorsement.
Also: you can’t use endorsement on friends, nor can you endorse the same player more than once per twelve hours

7 Likes

how much XP are we talking about here?

I think it’s intended that Endorsements are fairly easy to get, that way you can more easily and quickly separate the bad from the acceptable. The exceptional will still get lots of endorsements and be set apart that way, but it’s important that “average” players be set above “bad” ones quickly as well.

2 Likes

People are going to randomly spam endorsements at players for XP and it will lose credibility and integrity. ;/

EDIT: Nevermind. I read above to see how much XP you get for it. It’s not enough to warrant concern (at least not prematurely)

25 XP for each endorsement is an incentive for people to use them - this is actually a really good thing, there are rewards that I’m sure people will want for endorsements. Toxic players will have to tone it down or abandon their behavior to do well in this system, whether that behavior is authentic or not - who cares if they are being nicer? Toxic players can still get banned and lose all endorsements. This is an honor system and there is no way to control whether or not the endorsements given are backed up or not other than quantity for a player over time.

1 Like

You literally only get 25XP per endorsement. This is next to nothing compared to what you get for playing the game.

This is actually half of what you get for earning a gold medal. And it’s takes 100 times less effort.

The word is endorsement learn to spell or use spell check.

You just tier the endorsements like LOL

The players who receive the top 10% most endorsements get the highest rank.
The players with the top 10-20 get the second rank

ect ect.

I can see where you’re coming from. But to be fair League of Legends has a similar “Honor” system and it has essentially just become “Vote for the carry,” so I honestly don’t have many expectations for this system either.

People might give an honest effort to endorse helpful or polite players, but in the end it will just be whoever carried the game. Not the guy who was super friendly in chat or the shot caller, but the guy who pulled that crucial ultimate which won the game.

At least with experience attached, it will be worth endorsing people. And, you know, free experience and more loot boxes. I’m not gonna complain.

Don’t fprget this is all abput the endorsment rating itself. And if soemone exhibits toxic behavior and is recognized for it, their rating is reset.

Not perfect, but it’s not like all the toxic players will have high endorsement.

1 Like

You can endorse players on the other team as well. The xp is really small so I wont feel like I’ve wasted anything by not giving an endorsement either. This also has no effect on gameplay other than giving a player a little badge of honor. Good players will still receive more, so people who do a good job will always have a higher rank than those who did poorly.

I don’t think you will get only exp as a reward but what happens if toxic people abuse the report system to hit on highly endorsed players? I am sure the auto ban will kick in and they will lose everything.

IF the autoban is real for reports, it should be quite simple to setup so high endorsment players get a serious review before getting any punishment, there are probably going to be very few so it shouldnt be much work to review those cases.

Well I mean an extra 75XP is not going to hurt anyone. Also, if you don’t use a system as intended then that’s on you as the player.

25 XP is nothing in the grand scheme of things, I doubt you are going to have people spamming it just for the XP.

well its really not much… i thought it was more when i read the thread.

You have to show that every player on each team will always use all 3 endorsements.

I’m also pretty sure you can only do a limited amount per day.

There will be many matches that I don’t endorse anyone and I can guarantee that.