Plz give Mercy her own category

Currently 1 in 4 active threads involve Mercy. Meanwhile Reaper and Roadhog just got major changes after being F tier since forever (and Mercy mains still hijack their threads including other non Mercy threads). They need their own echo chamber instead of ruining the meaningful discussion everyone else is trying to have about other characters and what not.

26 Likes

As if Blizzard needs another way to filter players’ complaints out.

7 Likes

Am I having a dejavu moment here – I think I have seen such thread before -

1 Like

Its been posted before yes

I have a much easier solution. The devs just need to post something like this, to calm down 99% of the Mercy posts:

“Sometime in the future we may look into redesigning Mercy to be more interactive and fun. However we are not currently interested in implementing something similar to Mercy’s old Mass Resurrection capability. We also would like to keep some form of Resurrection ability on Mercy. In the meantime, feedback on other ideas that could improve Mercy would be greatly appreciated.”

8 Likes

I haven’t even seen a thread on Symmetra yet…

1 Like

I forgot she got buffed rotfl
Edit: what exactly got buffed

2 Likes

I’ve seen a Sym thread. It’s been drowned out by the “totally not spam guys mercy buff is insulting threads”

13 Likes

I don’t think this will solve the problem. As long if there is a General Discussion will this subforum get the most threads. What will prevent them from creating Mercy threads in the General Discussion subforum if there is a subforum for Mercy alone?

Or better yet, what is the difference between a Mercy subforum and the Mercy Feedback thread?

You’re right! I haven’t seen one either.

1 Like

This forum is for everyone to use, that would be no different to having a megathread for one hero that’s never really read again. If you insist on having a category for Mercy then we should have a category for every other hero too (a category for each of them). Otherwise this is just bias. I also fail to see how this is constructive feedback regarding Overwatch, which is what the forum is meant for, it’s not meant for discussing forum policy as far as I understand it.

1 group is dominating the discussion and hijacking other discussions. Its not biased its regulation

Rather than brushing complaints under the carpet, as it were, wouldn’t it better to actually start addressing some of the complaints and find a viable solution that’s neither underpowered or overpowered? Mercy is a popular hero so a lot of discussion, especially after it’s been apparently ignored for over a year, is to be expected.

In the meantime feel free to use the handy ‘mute’ option on the thread, to hide such threads from your threads list.

1 Like

So is Genji, but Genji mains dont spam the same thread or try to hijack others threads.

1 Like

I rather have Mercy players complaining, which isn’t even new, than a bunch of hive minds. :blush: So no, this is not needed at all. Especially since the Mercy megathread failed so miserably. :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Genji didn’t get a massive rework that ended up in a disaster, and does he really have as many players/fans as Mercy has? Also Genji players have the option of picking another DPS hero (given there’s many to choose from) whereas Mercy players have a limited choice (only a few support heroes).

1 Like

As if people didn’t do that in the past year…

3 Likes

20% Faster charge on primary fire

Did genji get a rework that made him a mustpick and OP then slowly broken down to a giant pile of garbage?

1 Like

Only failed because people have been mass-reporting it to get an excuse to post out of it, it was doing a fine job of not letting the main page of the forums be about mercy.

I’ve seen the same thing but different. Right now, “Mercy buff is not ok” is getting drowned by “totally not spam, mercy mains are entitled and mercy mains need their own sub forum”. Conclusion? Give it a week. Stuff like this almost always happens when changes happen. :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.