Plz give Mercy her own category

No need. Just put a feature that lets people filter out threads they know they wonโ€™t be interested in reading. Then let people decide for themselves what threads they are interested in without directly splitting the forums into minute subcommunities.

Unfortunately it wasnโ€™t doing the purpose it claimed and was intended for. People were submitting feedback but not a scrap of feedback was actually getting a response or appearing to be read. The megathread appeared to be there primarily for damage control purposes.

the devs need to rewrite the definition of โ€œspamโ€ in the forumsโ€™ rules, so we can finally rightfully report all those mercy threads that repeat after each other, over and over and over and over and over again.

1 Like

I hate to admit it, but they might need to bring back the Mercy Feedback thread and start redirecting threads to it again.

The forum is being flooded with new threads about Mercy (from both sides) and threads are being burried right now. Itโ€™s starting to become a mess.

Where are the Roadhog threads?
Where are the Symmetra threads?
Where are the Reaper threads?

2 Likes

Itโ€™s about even, but sure add those in there too. Both sides bleed together

Well, technically this thread Iโ€™m pretty sure falls under the โ€˜non-constructive postโ€™ clause as itโ€™s not relevant discussion about Overwatch. Itโ€™s instead discussing forum policy, so yeah โ€ฆ :rofl:

What is it with Mercy mains and using this emoji? Even multiple times in the same post.

We donโ€™t know who flagged it so I wouldnโ€™t make assumptions. Besides, it was still bound to fail because players had the ability to post outside of it.

And in turn, was turning them into hiveminds and upset them even more. That then leads to more posts being made about Mercy. Sorry, everything about the mega thread was a bad idea that was bound to fail. Sorta like the Weimar Republic.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฌ๐”‚ ๐“˜๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Ah, back to the void.

If im not mistaken, the reason why they stopped was because the megathread kept getting flagged then locked which is why they stopped.

Hah, it rhymed.

2 Likes

Is there really anything wrong with emojis? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฌ๐”‚ ๐“˜๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ

They used to have a mercy thread

Hes been in the top 3 dps picks since release.

Cant play more difficult heroes oh well

No, it just the only people I ever see use that particular one have Mercy icons, and they use it quite often. Just wondering if there was any special reason.

Iโ€™m super conflicted here. Yeah, it would make sense to make another Megathread to filter all the Mercy posts to, but as that has shown, it leads to the voices of the players not really being heard. Weโ€™re in a lose-lose situation here.

Thatโ€™s a fairly naive opinion, however Iโ€™m more referring to the number of heroes in the support category which are main healers. Thereโ€™s only Ana and Moira to choose from really. I can sense the strong hatred towards Mercy though :slight_smile:.

Oh, then to answer your question; no, not really. I usually do use the smiley face emoji but I like to try new emojis out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But whats there to even discuss about Genji balance wise? Hes practically fine unless you found some bugs that need to be addressed.

If people want to talk about him lore wise, theres the lore forum.

1 Like

6 out of the first 27 (22%) threads i just saw on the forumsโ€™ front page are complaints about mercyโ€™s PTR buff while I only saw 2 threads talking about โ€œthis isnโ€™t a nerf itโ€™s a buff stop it mercy mainsโ€ (1 of them being this post). itโ€™s not temporary. this constant mercy spam has been going on for a year and it needs to be stopped

1 Like

Iโ€™m referring to today and yesterday. As of now, since yesterday, the posts have been pretty even.

Itโ€™s not really spam when you take a look at CoC. Spam refers to the same person making the same topic over and over again. Also, these threads often almost always have different contents in them, making them not spam. Why donโ€™t you link some of them? :blush:

1 Like

honestly. i could barely see anything regarding those heroes on the general discussion forums so i moved to the PTR feedback but even that is starting to get flooded by mercy players

1 Like