Plum Fairy Mercy's wings are yellow. Why?

Yeah I totally get that. I have strong feelings about Mercy’s Zhuque skin, it’s a gorgeous design but I can’t stand her hair being black. But that’ll never change so I just accept it and appreciate the details of her staff. :sweat_smile: Would be nice to see some art of a blonde Mercy in that skin though!

3 Likes

Please, Blizz change the color of the wings to purple or a mix of colors like her “Fortune skin”

Since her last Legendary skins “Winged Victory” and “Zhuque” they have the same yellow wings (I agree that it kinda suits them, altough I prefer Winged Victory with white wings.)

6 Likes

It was probably made by the same person that gave talon sombra purple makeup.

14 Likes

May be when your game comes out it will have better art direction.

3 Likes

I’m not really addressing the effects themselves. But there are multiple epic and legendary skins with the actual wing colors themselves that is blue or green (think Cobalt and Fortune) and don’t affect the healing beam and stuff like that.

6 Likes

But she has other skins with colored wings, like Valkyrie, Fortune, Imp…

8 Likes

Never really thought of Winged Victory with white wings, since the yellow fits well, but that’s cool to imagine!!

5 Likes

Oh no no, that’s totally fine. I saw your comment above when I finished my latest reply. Don’t feel the need to justify anything. I get where you’re coming from. I mean, it’s not entirely impossible for it to be a thing. It just seemed weird to me. We’ll never know the true havoc that reigns inside the devs head. ^^’

I also get your point. I wouldn’t want to start a big fuzz about it either because, just like you said, it’s still a wonderful skin, if not their best for the Winter event so far and I really don’t want to appear ungrateful. But like shiroi0015 said above, it’s something that bugs me personally. I’m a perfectionist in terms of art and color schemes, that’s just a personal issue so I really wished they would’ve changed the color to something else instead of the usual yellow. Stating my dislike is just me hoping that they will eventually acknowledge our opinions for upcoming skins that might could’ve used variation in coloring.

I don’t expect Mercy to get a special treatment to be honest. Neither Sombra nor Junkrat got it, so that’s fine. I just wish they would’ve done it from the start. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Cobalt has blue wings, and its an epic.

2 Likes

Exactly, they aren’t yellow!!

1 Like

Honestly, the skin is so gorgeous, but the wings really stop it from being ‘perfect’. I’d happily take some re-coloured wings (maybe a similar blue to her hair and the tips of her wings?), but it’d be amazing if they fully commited to the ‘fairy’ aesthetic and actually changed the shape of her wings (although they’ve only done that with Witch Mercy, and that was only making the tips look a bit damaged).

8 Likes

I agree, they’ve changed the color and style of other wings previously (Witch, Cobalt, Sirgun/Valkyrie, Pink, Fortune), I don’t really understand why they kept yellow wings with a pink/purple themed skin.

5 Likes

That would be so cool honestly! It’s one of my favorite details on Witch Mercy too^^

7 Likes

Sigrun and Valkyrie have feathery wings

4 Likes

then why does imp mercy have full purple wings?

3 Likes

Oh man, I’ve wanted fairy Mercy for so long with butterfly wings! This is as close as we’ll ever get though since full wings wouldn’t fit her silhouette. I’m not sure how they could’ve changed the shape of the yellow bits to match the aesthetic. Maybe round them out more?

3 Likes

Obviously I’m gonna have to delete this comment since it’s completely moot now and everyone keeps replying to it. Just ignore what I said, I’m a loser with no memory. :sweat_smile:

Rounding the bottoms out a bit would probably be enough to make them more ‘butterfly-like’. I’d love the wings to be a gradient from blue to purple as well.

2 Likes

I want white pink blue black or green but not yellow

3 Likes

I would truly love to see what goes on in the design department! I really wish they’d hold a design contest someday and let us vote on a fan made skin. I play FF14 and they have contests for hair styles and furniture and armor all the time, it’d be cool if Blizz could do the same. Or at least once a year or something, I know it’s vastly different from an MMO.

3 Likes