Plesantly surprised with Ventures balance

Not saying the hero is perfectly balanced and wont need tweaks-

However

The hero feels mostly there overall. Theyre not game breakingly blatantly overpowered, nor are they laughably underpowered.

I have seen some ventures do some work, ive seen others struggle.

Gameplay design seems mostly fine as an initial impression as well. Hit and run tactics, but a good bit of telegraphing. Can be effective, but doesnt usually feel cheap or cheesy. This may change as players learn more about the hero- but again initial impression, dont mind it so far.

24 Likes

I have to agree. My gut instinct was that they were overpowered, but I feel like they’re performing about as well as any other hero. I’d be interested to see how Blizzard feels but so far this has been the smoothest hero release of OW2.

8 Likes

It is nice when they just design a hero to be fun and not to sell Battle Passes. This was their first genuine attempt in the “sequel” and I believe they hit a home run.

13 Likes

Same, she’s fun and strong, but I don’t think she’s OP.

Range really screws her over, I thought she could be good to burrow up to Widow or Hanzo, but it’s usually death, which is actually nice.

I find her pretty balanced atm, her ult may need some tuning is about it.

So far I’ve found her pairing very well with Orisa, and Rein tbh. She feels like wombo combo is back, with her ult the way it is, any tank with CC ult is just so fun to combo with.

1 Like

Venture can close 50m with dig and drill. Nowhere near balanced.

1 Like

But then they have no abilities left…

1 Like

You run that with full dive it’s so free/ broken. You got your tank, Tracer/ Sombra commiting to somebody you pop up with drill insta ko. Worst designed dps ever next to Sombra, pretty much is Sombra

so far today i have had some destroy me as widowmaker. ones that are sneaky and of course you have to fend for yourself so you better hit that one shot lol… just one chance

i think the hero is pretty good and not overpowered like others have said. i would be REALLY surprised if nerfed later… i somehow doubt it but hey people still havnt learned or we havent seen their full potential?

1 Like

Do you do anything other than complain?

15 Likes

Pretty much the same, but sadly, their ult is 100% going to get overnerfed cuz people.

About the rest of their kit, Idk how bad it’s going to get nerfed.

i like how you have to learn the hero. i only played 3 times as venture but yea i would have a long way to go to mastering the hero. maybe it comes easier to some people but not me

i think its one of those high skill floor but maybe the skill ceiling isnt as good as other heroes?

Can cover more like 65~

But 30~ of that is under ground moving at like 6~ meters per second, the initial jump out from under the ground can get her like 10~ but requires a big charge up before she can do that and has a huge arc / air time, the drill dash itself can get her another 20~, also with a huge arc.

But doing all of this also takes her like 9+ seconds, and works out to be like 7~ meters per second. Her entire kit is on a like 8~ second cooldown for this, and then shes left with a so-so primary.

For comparison tracer can do this distance in like 5~ seconds and change.

She doesnt really feel like some obscenely crazy mobile character

3 Likes

Without a way to reliably deal sufficient damage to tanks, venture feels like a liability to any team venture is on.

Venture needs a bit less damage on left click and less range on Burrow’s uppercut I think. Left click does a bit much damage considering how easy it is to hit, and while playing I discovered that people are rarely able to get away before Burrow reaches max charge because of how large the range is.
I’m finding Venture to be an incredible counter to slim, hard to hit heroes such as Kiriko.

Their ult seems very mediocre, though. It only hits targets flat on the ground (even being on a box completely negates it from what I’ve seen), you only get four shots (needing two to kill even the squishiest characters like Tracer) and is only really useful when the enemy team is all huddled together to get the most benefit.
Oh, it’s also blocked by shields. Reinhardt and Sigma would make it entirely useless.

I also do not think Venture needs Doomfist’s passive. They’re not as close range as him and Burrow is way too good an escape ability.

They’ll 100% be nerfed, I just hope not too much. They’re incredibly fun to play, but that might just be because of how strong they are and nobody knows how to deal with them yet.

1 Like

I’m in the ‘feels pretty good’ camp, played a bunch of matches tonight.

Everything feels decent. Left click has a good punch but very limited range, burrow lets you scoot around and avoid a lot of damage or get into the backline, it’s extremely useful midbrawl when they’re focusing on your tank and you can pop up under the whole team. the dash feels good and strong (though the knockback seems less pronounced unless you really get them head on and already close up). The strong melee is interesting but the animation feels so long and slow it feels best for a finisher or last ditch than something to use regularly.

The ult feels good. It feels impactful when you get to use it and can usually secure 1-3 kills depending on where enemies are at.

They’re obviously weaker against anything that can keep in the air, though they’re mobile enough they can chase down a mercy okay but Pharah and Echo are definitely trouble some. And the shields are very useful but get eaten fast if you face anything like a dva or moira that can just apply constant pressure. And then being so cooldown dependent Sombra feels like a strong counter.

So far my only complaints have been the melee animation feeling so long and then it feels like the hit box during burrow, the initial dig animation, is too big, I swear I saw a couple times I would go to burrow and they would shoot where my head would’ve been if the character were standing upright and scoring hits while Venture was hunched forward into the ground.

1 Like

If they do, ive yet to see it.

3 Likes

Hitscan players when anything at all can contest them:

10 Likes

non hitscan players needing broken no skill cheese to kill the true skill big boys.

1 Like

Oh no you can’t rain down damage for free and need to vaguely pay attention to your surroundings. The horror.

2 Likes

literally digs underground and closes distance for free. Terrible hero design, just like Sombra invis.