Please stop saying " *any hero name* gap/diff"

not only is it embarrassing to the person you’re “complimenting” but it’s hurtful to the other person who you’re also referring
edit: an example is mercy gap

3 Likes

Am I the only person who has no idea what the OP is trying to say?

28 Likes

I’m sorry but if my Rein was feeding his brains out by charging in on cooldown while the enemy Rein was actually doing something then damn right I’m gonna say MTD.

3 Likes

Oh yea, I remember when someone said widow gap and I immediately left

8 Likes

???

What does it even mean?

2 Likes

basically i meant is when there’s two people playing the same hero in different teams and someone say ( for example mercy gap) meaning that one mercy was better than the other

Skill gaps between players/roles on opposite teams.

Also called “difference” (ex. the dps difference)

2 Likes

Sounds like player shaming for the purpose of… ??? idk loss blaming?

If My Widow is getting outplayed by the enemy widow

I just switch to Zen, Genji or Ball so that I can add pressure to their better player and balance the scales a little bit.

3 Likes

Well here comes another shallow and likely to be incorrectly used pop culture phrase.

Move over toxic.

1 Like

what?
[15 characters]

If I pop off against the enemy genji I have earned my right to say -genji diff then leave the match

2 Likes

What I mean is, people are going to say it even when it probably doesn’t apply because it’s a popular or modern or trendy term to use in this genre/gaming community.

Just the same as Toxic is overused and applied at times when it isn’t really warranted, even though Toxic isn’t a made up phrase, etc…

Kids are going to say it a lot. It’s going to be annoying to many people.

1 Like

Poor teammates. You give them a moment of hope that their Genji might be able to secure a few picks, bring their hopes up when you come out on top and type that - only to leave them high and dry in a 5v6 for the rest of the -

-* five seconds later *-

Oh, nevermind. New DPS player in the match. Oh - and another Genji player at that.

1 Like

I meant that you leave when the match ends.

-pop off
-win
-genji diff
-leave

2 Likes

Oh.

:unamused:

I thought you were making a joke. I take back my appreciation for your original post then.

:mage:

1 Like

Ohh I thought people just said “dps difference” when it came to stuff like that

1 Like

The "Original Poster " gap :smirk:

1 Like

Because this isn’t a team game and one off Support being better than the other is totally something the rest of the team can’t balance out if they tried and paid attention to it.

oooooh

On Eu servers we say difference.

Like tank difference, dps difference, support difference.

3 Likes