Please remove 2-2-2

have you tried not being bad

welcome back to the fold

the excessive queue times is just one of the multiple problems added to the game by 222, without fixing any items Iā€™d consider to be problems

I know of no valid data that supports the claim of a majority

1 Like

The same problem as before 2-2-2
If 2 people donā€™t get value, you wonā€™t be able to compensate for these 2

2 Likes

As you say, DPS queue times have always been slow; it just wasnā€™t as obvious before. Many players had to take selfless routes, choose Tank or Support and forfeit their goal at playing DPS. They could choose DPS but they wouldnā€™t rank up since there wouldnā€™t be enough players choosing the other roles.

1 Like

I am a support main who is against 222

I rarely if ever chose dps

Great but it wasnā€™t meant as an ā€œabsoluteā€.

1 Like

I know many supports and tank mains who have voiced their dislike of 222

There is usually if not always one person that strays from the mold. Thatā€™s why itā€™s unwise to speak in absolutes.

There are plenty of players that would not want to revert back to 222 due to the inconvenience it may bring while there are others that simply enjoy 222 altogether.

Players that are against the present composition, play supports and/or Tanks but arenā€™t too interested in playing DPS donā€™t really count within this topic. Because if there was a reversion, Tanks and Supports would go right back to being ā€œenslavedā€ to ā€œtheirā€ roles lest they ā€œconcineā€ themselves at largely playing Overwatch without enough Tanks and Supports.

Side Note: Players that are too focused on playing DPS typically will do so at the cost of abandoning the other roles.

Really. 10 minutes in masters?

I was under a pretense that they were 15-20

If thats the case I think its the younger ones who are used to insta match maker. They now dont know what to do for 10 flipping minutes.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather have a smaller player base that is more willing to play Overwatch as a team game than the fiasco we had prior to 2-2-2. Either get with the new system or move on. I personally will not miss all the awful DPS that used to flood my games. In 2-2-2, they canā€™t hide anymore. Only the serious ones will put up with the queue times and thatā€™s fine by me.

2 Likes

honestly I hope they keep it. better this then going back to having to solo tank/heal for a bunch of DPS.

and for those who donā€™t like it thereā€™s QPC (and if you say itā€™s not the same please say how aside from achievements)

2 Likes

welcome back, sir. weā€™re glad to have you.

please take note of the suggestion in the previous post that players like yourself who only play competitive should just go play QPC.

Please donā€™t remove 2-2-2. I love having team comps that donā€™t demand I switch to a role I donā€™t want to play or be accused of throwing. Any time without 2-2-2, Iā€™d pick a role I wanted to play, no one would pick tank, and if I didnā€™t, we wouldnā€™t have a tank. :c

3 Likes

I would love to have a look at these graphs and information as well if itā€™s possible for you to provide a linkā€¦

And as if comparing Overwatch, out of all games out there, to CS:GO and PUBG to name a few wasnā€™t enough, you then go on to disprove your whole argument by yourself by explaining why Overwatch may be going through a rough patch throughout this year in the last paragraph, meaning not due to 2/2/2 role - lock, but the huge recent competition in the industry and may I add, the general state of the game outside role - lock, which has been plaguing this game for years before the above system even became a thing)ā€¦

And as I already said, thatā€™s nothing but an anecdotal and subjective experience, because I and tons of other people for example have has the exact same queues in all roles from the implementation of 2/2/2 role - lock up until nowā€¦

As if a 10 minute wait is a short time for most people.

1 Like

Youā€™re the one that asked if Overwatch is offsetting the lost player count with new players.

It isnā€™t.

Overwatch player growth has slowed just on the relative normal numbers alone, and the presence of other games whose growth is rising (free to play, new games) or rocksteady (old games or paid BR) is horribly dangerous specifically because the Overwatch 2 announcement has created a content drought. Players have, now more than ever, reasons to jump ship that arenā€™t just fatigue or unease,

The game has fewer new players than ship jumpers, rough spot or not.

This is not sustainable.

Revenue graphs are through NPD, peak retention graphs by SteamDB. I canā€™t be arsed to look them up on my tablet, and Iā€™m away from my computer for vacation.

This is a very logical thought, but for better or for worse, official developer comments will always remain much more trustworthy than all the anecdotal at best ā€œā€œevidenceā€ā€ which has been circling places like these Forums and proving 2/2/2 role - lockā€™s supposed ā€œā€œfailureā€ā€ā€¦

While this is another logical thought which certainly plays a role as long as itā€™s true, I believe that considering the grand majority of players who enjoy 2/2/2 role - lock (and generally thatā€™s true for the whole player base) donā€™t use the Forums and therefore havenā€™t been able to vote positively for role - lock in the first place, along with many other contributing variables more than enough normalize the metrics I originally talked aboutā€¦

For the 100th timeā€¦

And add to all that pretty much every single unofficial poll created even in these Forums, a place which has always been surprisingly vocal against 2/2/2 role - lock for some reason, has shown the system to be a clear winner amongst fans with differences between the opinions being as high as 3:1 in favor of role - lock a lot of the times and youā€™ll get a very clear view of the truthā€¦

1 Like

Blizzard has always refused to acknowledge even the most populated feedback, and downplayed the severity of negative criticisms. Weā€™ve known this since the first launch patch, and again after Mercyā€™s rework.

Blizzard also has a track record of strongarming players to accept changes, even when a change wasnā€™t even asked for, or received well.

Opt-in polls arenā€™t a valuable metric, where most people prefer to participate in their own thread instead of others. Also most polls are written in a biased fashion with the author chipping in their two cents to create an echo chamber. Polls shouldnā€™t be in favor or against, because those are leading questionsā€¦ it should be neutral.

Furthermore, polls arenā€™t surveys.

2 Likes

But they all use the games and you can see just how bad the queue times are, and an even bigger majority of the people that hated it arenā€™t in the forums as indicated by the poll results that asked which role they were queueing for not matching with whatā€™s in the game. You may notice even in your own games that most of the players you get in your games are DPSes, but if you go with the forum posters, there are more tanks and supports here relative to DPSes than what you see in your own games.

As iā€™ve said, if the polls really represented the playerbase, the ones with long queue times would be the tanks.

All im hearing is you cant be patient. Nice try OP