Please remove 2-2-2

I was defending it like a madman. Now i cant even play the damn game as a dps main. Basically play hog or dont play at all. (Comp only player)

14 Likes

Might I direct you to a series of similar forum posts from July 2019?

Have you tried rounding yourself out properly instead of thinking ā€œIM A MAIN!ā€?

If you donā€™t go in thinking you will hate something, the chances of you hating it are much less. Human brains are funny like that.

1 Like

I tried very hard to be a ā€˜voice of reasonā€™ when people were yelling for 2-2-2.

I no longer get to play my favorite heroes (Sym and Torb), since I have zero patience for the wait times. But it has turned into a fun opportunity to put my energies into other heroes.

3 Likes

We warned you this would happen. Jeff warned you this would happen. It happened, and now you reap what you sow.

Sure, it make the game easier to balance for the competitive crowd. Sure, it make it more fun to play for them as well. But many people like myself got screwed into QPC.

The fun police have spoken, and this game will slowly die as a result.

9 Likes

Oh no the consequences of your actionsā€¦

Itā€™s almost as if, even if perfectly distributed across all heroes DPS would still be ~3x higher in supply than any other roleā€¦

1 Like

What made you defend it? What did you think it was going to do that is hasnā€™t done?

I basically Heal/Tank if Iā€™m in the mood or just go QP Classic if I want to f* around. This game is totally screwed right now.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m off the 2/2/2 bandwagon too. I just realized it now that itā€™s frustrating that when you have a two people who instalock Widow and Hanzo and they arenā€™t doing anything, I hate not being able to switch to DPS or another Tank to help. I donā€™t like it.

5 Likes

According to pretty much every source of metrics out there, both official and unofficial, the majority of the player base really enjoys 2/2/2 role - lockā€¦

So really, how the game is going to suddenly ā€œā€œdieā€ā€ due to role - queue (even though it is currently arguably in its best state it has been for years now that the game is finally getting balanced around role - queue) is just beyond meā€¦

4 Likes

The playerbase thatā€™s left.

Friendly reminder that queuetimes in every mode were mere seconds on launch patch.

Queues have increased by 40-50 times their initial length.

The people who moved on to other games arenā€™t coming back and attempting to vote for accurate statistics, theyā€™re gone for good.

3 Likes

And what makes you think exactly that more players have left than the ones who have just joined? And letā€™s not even get to the fact that most of them most probably havenā€™t even quitted due to role - lock, but some other reason entirelyā€¦

Do you have any evidence of your claims?

Ehh, Iā€™m sorry, but thatā€™s nothing but your anecdotal experienceā€¦

The queues for me and tons of other people were somewhat quick on launch and still remain so when talking about the Tank and Healer role.

When talking about the DPS role on the other hand, the queues have always been long.

So really no accurate conclusion can be made out of that as wellā€¦

1. I could make that case that the largest amount of the many probable people that joined, or re - joined Overwatch due to role - queue donā€™t even use the Forums or any other social platform concerning this game and therefore werenā€™t able to positively vote on the countless unofficial polls that have been created (polls that have shown 2/2/2 role - lock to be a clear winner amongst fans with differences as high as 3:1 in favor of the system. And letā€™s not even forget that all those polls were created in a place as historically negative against the system as these Forums, which says a lot)ā€¦

2. I personally find it weird that the developers themselves, the most trustworthy source of evidence about this game by far, would have ignored the mass Exodus of players from their game, in case it had ever happened, when posting the official conclusion that the majority of the player base really enjoys 2/2/2 role - lockā€¦

If anything, so many players leaving would had been the most important reason why role - lock could have been considered a failure, as more players = higher income for the devs, but since that didnā€™t happen, then I believe the situation speaks for itselfā€¦

1 Like

Basic sales and consumer retention graphs? Average peak and all time high trends of FPS games?

Overwatchā€™s overall player growth year by year, has tapered off faster than most AAA FPS games in history, despite the game going on sale and 50 million players.

• 1st Milestone ā€“ 20 million players in 3 months
  • 2nd Milestone ā€“ 35 million, 14 months after first milestone, first sales start
  • 3rd Milestone ā€“ 40 million, 7 months after 2nd milestone
  • 4th milestone ā€“ 50 million, 18 months, new Switch port

For comparison, 37 million copies of CSGO sold before going free to play, and has an average peak of only about 2% of its max player count, roughly 600-700k players. 50 million copies of PUBG sold, average peak roughly 1.5% of max player count, 700k players.

Competition from Activisionā€™s own publishing umbrella, and other BR Hero FPS games taking the world by storm?

Common sense?? Our queue times keep getting longer.

These are the same developers that said Warlords of Draenor was a success while it haemorrhaged players faster than any expansion before or since.

Developers, particularly Blizzard, donā€™t tend to dump on their own games.

3 Likes

The more I see posts like what OP made, the more I believe 222 is not what we needed, but deserve.

Not gonna lie, I enjoy not seeing not seeing the McNinjaSnipe trio in every game as they basically demanded a barrier to camp behind and a blue/yellow tether to pocket them.

3 Likes

Yeah, I havenā€™t played since 2-2-2 was implemented and now I wanted to give it a try (I even forgot about 2-2-2 thing).
Waited 15 minutes to get a DPS match. Thanks Blizzard, Iā€™m out again.

5 Likes

Iā€™m mid masters and 95% of the time I wait 10 minutes or less for a game. The streamers I watch find a game within 10 minutes 90% of the time. Iā€™m convinced that people who complain about 15 minute Qā€™s are either lying or exaggerating. Also, we now have a really neat while you wait feature for warm up and goofing around. Itā€™s a perfect reprieve from the pressures of comp.

I really donā€™t see the issue with waiting if Iā€™m guaranteed a DPS slot with tanks and supports who are actually on my SR level with the bonus of not having to worry about people switching roles.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad you donā€™t have issues with that. And I do have. Instead of waiting for 15 minutes, I could play another full quick play match.

The polls that happened to include a question along the lines of ā€œWhich do you queue forā€ also showed that the overwhelming majority that answered are Tanks and Supports. If the playerbase was actually represented by those ā€œmetricsā€, the ones with unreasonably high queue times would be the tanks.

1 Like

The DPS-only contingent on here abjectly refuses to even bother to learn enough support or tanking to appreciate it. Itā€™s higher order play, most are too casual to want to learn the actual game itself, preferring to spam space bar the whole game trying to elims individually instead of working with a team in a ā€¦ team game.

5 Likes