Please remove 2-2-2

honestly I hope they keep it. better this then going back to having to solo tank/heal for a bunch of DPS.

and for those who don’t like it there’s QPC (and if you say it’s not the same please say how aside from achievements)

2 Likes

welcome back, sir. we’re glad to have you.

please take note of the suggestion in the previous post that players like yourself who only play competitive should just go play QPC.

Please don’t remove 2-2-2. I love having team comps that don’t demand I switch to a role I don’t want to play or be accused of throwing. Any time without 2-2-2, I’d pick a role I wanted to play, no one would pick tank, and if I didn’t, we wouldn’t have a tank. :c

3 Likes

I would love to have a look at these graphs and information as well if it’s possible for you to provide a link…

And as if comparing Overwatch, out of all games out there, to CS:GO and PUBG to name a few wasn’t enough, you then go on to disprove your whole argument by yourself by explaining why Overwatch may be going through a rough patch throughout this year in the last paragraph, meaning not due to 2/2/2 role - lock, but the huge recent competition in the industry and may I add, the general state of the game outside role - lock, which has been plaguing this game for years before the above system even became a thing)…

And as I already said, that’s nothing but an anecdotal and subjective experience, because I and tons of other people for example have has the exact same queues in all roles from the implementation of 2/2/2 role - lock up until now…

As if a 10 minute wait is a short time for most people.

1 Like

You’re the one that asked if Overwatch is offsetting the lost player count with new players.

It isn’t.

Overwatch player growth has slowed just on the relative normal numbers alone, and the presence of other games whose growth is rising (free to play, new games) or rocksteady (old games or paid BR) is horribly dangerous specifically because the Overwatch 2 announcement has created a content drought. Players have, now more than ever, reasons to jump ship that aren’t just fatigue or unease,

The game has fewer new players than ship jumpers, rough spot or not.

This is not sustainable.

Revenue graphs are through NPD, peak retention graphs by SteamDB. I can’t be arsed to look them up on my tablet, and I’m away from my computer for vacation.

This is a very logical thought, but for better or for worse, official developer comments will always remain much more trustworthy than all the anecdotal at best ““evidence”” which has been circling places like these Forums and proving 2/2/2 role - lock’s supposed ““failure””…

While this is another logical thought which certainly plays a role as long as it’s true, I believe that considering the grand majority of players who enjoy 2/2/2 role - lock (and generally that’s true for the whole player base) don’t use the Forums and therefore haven’t been able to vote positively for role - lock in the first place, along with many other contributing variables more than enough normalize the metrics I originally talked about…

For the 100th time…

And add to all that pretty much every single unofficial poll created even in these Forums, a place which has always been surprisingly vocal against 2/2/2 role - lock for some reason, has shown the system to be a clear winner amongst fans with differences between the opinions being as high as 3:1 in favor of role - lock a lot of the times and you’ll get a very clear view of the truth…

1 Like

Blizzard has always refused to acknowledge even the most populated feedback, and downplayed the severity of negative criticisms. We’ve known this since the first launch patch, and again after Mercy’s rework.

Blizzard also has a track record of strongarming players to accept changes, even when a change wasn’t even asked for, or received well.

Opt-in polls aren’t a valuable metric, where most people prefer to participate in their own thread instead of others. Also most polls are written in a biased fashion with the author chipping in their two cents to create an echo chamber. Polls shouldn’t be in favor or against, because those are leading questions… it should be neutral.

Furthermore, polls aren’t surveys.

2 Likes

But they all use the games and you can see just how bad the queue times are, and an even bigger majority of the people that hated it aren’t in the forums as indicated by the poll results that asked which role they were queueing for not matching with what’s in the game. You may notice even in your own games that most of the players you get in your games are DPSes, but if you go with the forum posters, there are more tanks and supports here relative to DPSes than what you see in your own games.

As i’ve said, if the polls really represented the playerbase, the ones with long queue times would be the tanks.

All im hearing is you cant be patient. Nice try OP

For the 100th time, there is still no valid data to support a claim of a majority/minority.

The dev quotes you cite don’t actually show any data

1 Like

I would love if you could provide any actual polls that showed said results concerning the amount of Tank/Healer/DPS players that voted, because really right now everything you’re saying is just words in the air…

Do you have any data which supports this claim? From my years of experience with the Forums, the amount of Healer/Tank/DPS players have been relatively balanced and in no way imbalanced enough to change the clear outcome of all these polls…

While it’s true that they don’t provide any data, as it’s true with every single other “source” of information out there concerning the state of 2/2/2 role - lock, they arrive to a conclusion concerning the opinions of the majority/minority of the player base though based on the information they have (that is, all of it), which as it stands, remains by far the most trustworthy source of evidence concerning this subject…

I was talking about the players that have left Overwatch, exclusively, or at least mainly due to 2/2/2 role - lock and vice versa, not about the total Exodus of players from the game.

Everyone knows about the great decline of Overwatch by now for years, so please don’t skew my words…

Agreed (in the context it was written in your response).

Okay, fair enough, I thought that you were able to provide any graphs/data for Overwatch’s performance… That’s why I asked.

Wow, DPS are so rare!

If the forum population actually matched the ingame role population, we’d be overrun with DPSes.

2 Likes

There is still no valid source of data that claims a minority/majority

1 Like

All of this is mostly true, but currently no matter what Blizzard remains the most trustworthy source of data concerning the game they themselves created and they will remain so until an even more trustworthy source pops up confirming, or even disproving (arbeit that’s extremely unlikely) the verdict officially created by the devs concerning 2/2/2 role - lock.

That’s a logical thought which could potentially affect the conclusions made by a series of polls, but which would be true though only as long as a significant amount of polls showed a different result to others, which in 2/2/2 role - lock’s situation isn’t even remotely true…

Besides the somewhat ridiculous nature of these remarks in a context like this, I’m just going to say that a lot of unofficial polls published in places like these Forums have been completely neutral, but still showed the same result as all the others…

1. The above survey (which is extremely interesting by the way and thanks for sending it) provided the option to users to select more than one role at once and therefore the Tank and Support players would be naturally over - represented…
  2. If we take that into consideration, I’m 100% sure the results would be more than normalized and clear (as if a 77% in favor, 12% against role - lock metric isn’t already clear enough concerning the final outcome…)

The causal parts of Overwatch should be completely accessible and bolstered while the competitive aspects should be gated by tests or personal feats. Those that try to exploit the system would have to commit serious time into doing so. In which the “gate” would be doing what its supposed to do.

Many competitive problems are stemmed from how easy it is to gain access without being prepared. Blizzard needs to put in more “gates” to prevent some of these problems. Further, the ranks should be truncated to accommodate the smaller number but more consistently “skilled” players coming into Competitive. This may mean getting rid of some ranks and reducing the maximum SR value.

There’s literally no point in debating with that individual. They are incapable of any thought other than “but the devs said!”

Even when faced with a logical and accurate point such as yours.

Yeah, a lot of us who were anti-2-2-2 knew this would happen. It was a dumb system to put in place without proper steps. Blizzard is the epitome of good in theory, bad in practice. Because in almost every game of theirs I’ve played, they think up a concept and implement it without doing what is necessary to prevent it from being awful.

They should have never released 2-2-2 without also adding multiple Tanks and Supports (2-3 of EACH) in the same patch, and rebalancing a few characters to put them in line for the new system.

Because they didn’t do this, the system was doomed to fail from the beginning. Heck, it shouldn’t have been implemented anyway. Forcing a specific team composition is essentially them admitting they’ve failed at balancing the game / making people want to play 2/3 of the roles.

We told you 29874398723478932 times but no " HUR DUR HAVING A MASTER DPS PLAYING HEALEAR IN BRONZE IS SURE A GOOD IDEA !"

Deal with it.