Please reduce/remove non ult voicelines

Characters spamming voicelines EVERY SINGLE TIME they use an applicable ability is so annoying. I miss being able to reconfigure as Bastion without having to hear the same beeps every time, and knowing when an ult was coming because an enemy started a voiceline. Now I have to listen to JQ talking about her knife from both teams every time it’s off cooldown.

18 Likes

you can mute those sounds can’t you?

Global mute on voice lines as an option, simple fix that Blizzard haven’t implemented yet for some obscure reason.

The voice line spam has been problematic for years.

7 Likes

I find the general voice lines in game to be great, so please dont remive those. The voice line spam from players is different though and super annoying.

1 Like

An option to disable is all we need. Some people enjoy hearing the hero interactions, some of us don’t. It’s cute at first, but this game has automatic voicelines set to 100 and then players spam voicelines in between and it becomes too much. I don’t want to hear Junkrat’s annoying af voice every single second of my life while I play. I just want to hear the important information like group up or I need healing etc.

1 Like

Should have been there year 1. Only reason I can think of is voice lines are monetized. They wouldn’t want you basically getting rid of something that’s paid for.

1 Like

Yeah, it should. But I guess that people would then ponder if it was worth buying loot boxes for new voice lines, dipping into the bottom line of Blizzard’s profit. And we can’t have that now can we?

I’m also questioning the mental age of those who spam voice lines over and over again. I just can’t fathom where the fun is in it.

I understand people wanting a mute, but I personally don’t mind it. I do mind the actual player induced spam. ANDDEYSEYANDDEYSEYANDDEYSEY…

A slider reducing autoplayed voice lines for abilities would be nice. Yes, hearing the Junker Queen talk about her knife is atmospheric. But the 200th time she says something about it during a round is a bit much.

3 Likes

Yup, absolutley. Some games even have a slider for not just volume, but how verbose you want people to be. That could be neat.

2 Likes

Maybe you should stop being a bloody drongo!

That’s another one.

Apparently the knife seems to be driving a lot of people nuts. Some of the voicelines are really useful though like knowing when a barrier’s broken or res is on CD, so it might be a mistake to mute them all. I guess it should be an option though if you want it so people could choose to hear them or not.

I’d like to preserve my ability to hear them at least if for no other reason than hearing Dva say “cringe” gives me life.

Imagine if you could do it for individual characters. Blizz loves data, there’s more data for them.

1 Like

No more speed boost for you. Accelerando!

1 Like

I NEED A KNOIFE!

3 Likes

junker queen really needs to shut up about her bloody noif.

2 Likes

There is already a feature called squeltch chat

This. after a while… it does get old.

1 Like

Yes but who want to start every bloody match with squelching chat on 11 people? It shouldn’t be necessary

It’s not the interactions, I mean how the heroes talk a lot more when using abilities. When JQ uses her knife she talks about knives but everyone can hear it and it’s every single time. Getting a kill with a knife then making the voiceline makes sense, but not each time it’s used.

The problem is…

Voice lines connected to the wheel are all connected so important voice lines e.g “I need healing” “group up” etc don’t show up in subtitles etc, and they have yet to separate them since the release of subtitles in 2019

So if you need subtitles to play you literally have to have “everything” turned on or you won’t see important stuff or you have to read 2 chats lol.

and I believe if they did a global mute (sounds) it would also affect voice lines like that if it affects them in Subtitles :frowning:

I been wanting this change for years and I just gave up asking, bcs what’s the point lol. You can tell that care so little about subtitles because the Q covering subtitles in OW2 hasn’t even been fixed yet, these critical voice lines haven’t been separate either since 2019… so yeah that says a lot IG.

Maybe if a lot people demand it to be changed for sounds… then they’ll finally listen, and it’ll also benefit people who use subtitles to play, because ppl who use subtitles have such a small voice compared to people who are much more able.

2 Likes