Please Nerf Power Creep instead of Nerfing Defense/Support

Sorry for all the hate on the Internet, some of us are just playing every day and even watch streamers. Makes us feel really passionate about the game and it’s state.

Also I don’t even know what to think of Winrates myself, just looking at Mei for example I’m sure there is a carry potential but she’s really enabling her team with walls and freeze and her Ult, so I feel like it matters more how a team works around her.

And then there is Sombra , if you always make callouts and get the right kill at the right time, they won’t even have 1 good teamfight against your team. Yet many think she’s super bad, just because they have no idea how she works. And if Armor really hurts you as Sombra or any DPS then they don’t go for the right target anyways.

Also many players just play their favorite heroes and don’t really care about the Meta, talking all Ranks. Sure there’s many who just look at the SR number but also many who just try their best at their favorite 1-2 heroes.

3 Likes

Less about skill? I’ve been playing since beta and my SUBJECTIVE opinion is that the game requires more skill and gamesense now than it did on launch.

1 Like

No, that’s because the players learned

The heroes that are meta today, require significantly less gamesense and aim than previous metas

Dive takes more than goats, goats takes more than double shield

And atleast goats gets barely beaten by dive

Both SIGNIFICANTLY beat double shield

1 Like

I’m sure at some point in this argument, you will produce facts to back up your opinions.

Even ignoring how much complication that adds, it changes the game that people play as they rise/fall in rank. To make it work, you’d have to set some arbitrary SR threshold for where Reaper becomes stronger/weaker, and a player who’s fluctuating along that borderline will constantly go back and forth between Reaper being good and bad. That would be incredibly confusing to play, not to mention pretty unfair for someone who likes to play as Reaper.

2 Likes

Can’t argue with someone who hasn’t scrimmed at a GM level in their life and doesn’t even play meta in ranked

Sorry dude

3 Post from the devs in one day?!

Somebody please pinch me i must be DREAAAAMMIINNN

3 Likes

Massive thanks for communicating with us, it’s often frustrating to not get any insight at all from the Blizz side of things. Hopefully the reactions here don’t dissuade more of this. I think that a lot of the negative reaction is based off not knowing how devs think of things, nor how in-line the dev understanding is with that of the players. The more communication we get with devs, the less uncertainty exists around the dev attitude, and hopefully the less negative reaction there will be based on speculations of developer intentions.

I’d be very grateful if we could get the exact numbers for some of these stats, and to know how often the matches are un-mirrored (if that’s possible). Though I get not wanting to tell people: “hey, this hero has a <50% winrate”, in case that gets converted to toxicity in competitive.

One concern that’s being raised is that the stats are being influenced by one side stomping the other in mirrored match-ups, then switching to a more fun off-meta hero since they think they’re gonna win with 5 minutes to get 1 tick anyway. Any way to check this or are the stats too basic?

2 Likes

3 Posts from the devs in one day?!

Somebody please pinch me i must be dreaming duude

Can’t argue with anyone tbh imo. Soz.

Please tell me that Symmetra is getting something good this PTR.

2 Likes

Just curious if you have the data on-hand, what percentage of the Genji pickrate to the onetricks count for? (people like water/necros/whoru who play him rain or shine)

One of the perceived strongest and one of the perceived weakest heroes have nearly identical pick rate and win rate. I found this personally very interesting and wanted to share.
My post above was intending to get people to consider that this data, while not absolute or conclusive of anything on its own, may suggest off-meta heroes are much more viable on the competitive ladder than players tend to expect, even at the highest levels.

Please fully read the post before commenting on it. Please?

3 Likes

You guys got Harbleu to call you out of twitter

When Harbleu calls you out that means you’re REALLY wrong. He NEVER calls people out

How do you feel?

Yes, I read it and it says that Genji and Soldier are viable AND implies that Genji is on the level of Mei

I assume that this is some form of sick joke

Then you need to read it again. He clearly says that he wants people to consider that off-meta heroes are more viable on ladder than expected. The only sick joke is your comprehension.

I thank you for coming by and for communicating with us. But that being said please tell me this isn’t why we haven’t seen any nerfs for Reaper in all these months. Even the pros were playing him, I don’t know if there is a level he’s considered weak at.

Win rates are easily skewed though because when pick rates get high, people who may not be the most dedicated to a hero will be among those playing them and when there are two of them in a match, one of them is guaranteed to lose. We see a lot of this sort of thing, where a one-trick will do incredibly well with a hero that very few people, or no other people can find much success with. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they are in a good place. If only one person in the world can play them right, you probably still have a problem.

Thank you for coming by once again, I appreciate that you are speaking here again, and please bear with some of the “cruder” reactions to this post. Take care and good luck.

7 Likes

I think Bastion needs a rework not just because his clunky design (Sentry being without cool-down or timer) makes him a god when pocketed and worthless alone. But because he’s simply not fun to play against.

Same goes for Widow, despite her being balanced enough, she’s infuriating to play against, it literally ruins so many games for me when I have to worry about getting insta-killed across the map by a hit-scan. :confused:

Could I get your input on either of these two?

Zen is super F-tier without top-notch team with him (Zarya is way reliant on her team too, but that’s a different topic). No mobility, no self-heal, no protection and 75% deleted by EMP. Every DPS runs circles around Zen while he’s got a chrage shot that takes forever to get to max power and two abilities that should be two functions of one (like Moira’s orb).

1 Like

You heard it hear first guys! Sym and Sombra are fine because Stevoo and Fitzy are 90% their winrates.

2 Likes