Please Nerf Hanzo's Storm Arrows

The new hanzo is insanely strong.
There is no reason to ever pick junkrat or mccree over him.

He has good mobility with wall climbing and double jump on a low cooldown.
He has insane burst on a low cooldown, viable at all ranges with no damage drop off, without the need to reload.
He is as good as a hitscan with his new arrow speed, making him good as well against pharah, squishies and tanks alike.
He has constant visibility of an area (mini widow ulti) up all the time.
He has insanely fast ultimate recharge, usually an ulti every <30seconds or so and can be comboed with zarya for the ultimate team kill.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a viable nerf, which is remove 5 damage. Meaning he needs 3 arrows to kill something squishy, instead of just two. Other than that, I wouldnā€™t suggest doing ANYTHING to it.

Edit: I should have researched this more, before reciting it.

junkrat is a far superior shield buster, and mccree is a hitscan, a reliable counter against pharah and pharmercy.

other than one of those 2 being a headshot, it already takes 3 shots to kill a squishy

Interesting. Well I learn something new every day. Not only that, it takes 4 to bodyshot a 250 hp character to death as well.

So, yeah donā€™t do anything to it.

only tracer can get killed in one shot by a headshot with this new ability, and thatā€™s just because sheā€™s 150 health. honestly, people are overreacting in calling for nerfs.

4 Likes

Yeah it def needs a nerf.
I am 100% sure they also donā€™t care. Genji & Hanzo was Jeffs favorites characters too buff and protect from nerfs as much as possible and a lot of other heros nerfed into the darnkness of Quick Play & Trainingā€¦ :slight_smile:

This move was to overbuff it and also to teach noobs that Hanzo can climb. The jump button was funny and well put by Jeff with the intention to remind noobs that can climb and headshot a whole team with a rain of arrows. GJ Jeff for ruining all game.

3 Likes

For the first time in my history of playing comp I had someone rage quit because I picked hanzo and he wanted play him

Normally people throw the game because they think Iā€™m trying to troll them or they think heā€™s that useless

if he indeed is OP he needs to stay OP for long enough so people arenā€™t going to carry on like they were when he had a poor reputation because that was really really bad if you had any intent of playing him seriously

Also the meta has just had a huge change and itā€™s pretty early to tell where power levels are at

1 Like

If anything the onlything Hanzo needs is tweaks. His ult is coming up too quickly in comparison to where it was before the rework so adding more points to his required ult charge seems to be in line, and if that doesnā€™t reign him in, Iā€™d be okay with giving him another 2 seconds cooldown on storm arrow.

The damage is fine in my opinion because it does reward someone putting in time and effort in being good at aiming.

4 Likes

make it into 3-4 arrow and double the cooldown, or revert it back to scatter arrow and nerf the damage, itā€™s just as annoying as before, only difference is that it canā€™t 1 shot tanks

1 Like

Seems like you are gonna have suck it up because that ainā€™t happening.

1 Like

Well, I knew this was going to happen. People over joyed that scatter gets taken awayā€¦ Then complain about this new ability. To be honest, I donā€™t like Hanzo having storm arrows as itā€™s lots of damage in a short time, but we should keep it just so we donā€™t have to hear people complain about scatter.

Actually we should keep it and stop complaining regardless, itā€™s done, they spent a lot of time figuring this out, and itā€™s not nearly as game changing as I thought it was going to be.

thats the thing, why even bother changing it if itā€™s gonna be just as annoying.

Storm arrows are definitely not as annoying as Scatter was.

2 Likes

I agree, even though they can be more powerful. Hanzo might now have a ā€˜delete tankā€™ button, but somehow it seems fairer.

technically itā€™s not even a delete tank button compared to what he lost to get it.

2 Likes

this game is in the trash right now, and unless you pick the meta hero, you wont win. Riprip

2 Likes

Funny thing is Wraxu who is probably the best Hanzo player said Storm Arrows need to be reduced to 4 yet everyone is disagreeing with OP.

1 Like

ā€œnot as annoyingā€, so it is still annoying.

the only difference is now you donā€™t get instantly 1 shot, but the mechanics behind it is still annoying, u dont see people complaining about soldier 76ā€™s rocket because if it lands its your fault for bad positioning. you can try to dive a hanzo but he can e and kill you because its 80 damage per arrow for 6 arrows, so he only need to land 50% of the time.

just reduce the arrow down to 4 and maybe increase the cooldown.

2 Likes

I hardly play Hanzo. But no he does not need to be nerfed!

1 Like