Please let this Sym ban = Sym buffs

Hey no problem, but this was my first post in this thread. I think a lot of us use the same pink Symmetra icon!

1 Like

Oops didn’t even realize

The thing is, Sym is a situational hero. She is not a generalist. In the situations shes good in, she excels. Her kit is built around that. Unless completely re-working the hero, she is not a generalist nor designed to be one. A buff to her is unnecessary.

Situational hero is just code for bad. Every system in the game encourages maining. If I can’t main Sym as much as someone can main Tracer, Doomfist, McCree, or whoever else, it means she’s weak.

The devs have already acknowledged this.

3 Likes

False. The game is about counter picking, not maining one hero. The answer isnt buff who I main, its play who’s right for the situation.

“We like the direction things evolved and in hindsight, it seems obvious that they would evolve that way.”

I think you’re objectively wrong.

2 Likes

I was just saying that if whining and nagging does actually work (Paris and HLC) why does she not have a golden glove yet?

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with HLC. It’s already been reworked. Paris I could see benefitting from additional flank routes but still. Whiny.

Then continue to lose games forcing Sym.

I win enough to be satisfied because I’m good at her, but thanks for the encouragement sis.

Nice reply to being proven wrong btw, very graceful.

1 Like

Well it is pretty clear they wanted to ban heroes that improve other heroes mobility.

I do not see any reasons why this should have anything to do with a hero change/buff.

If you would be unsure about a buff you would rather make it the other way around, release the buff at the same time and ban the hero in comp to capture data in quickplay and maybe revise the buff before it is unleashed into comp.

Your post should have ended at the mention at double barrier. THAT was the reason she seemed so strong, because everyone played the literal worst comp against Symmetra.

It had nothing to do with Symmetra being super powerful and everything to do with the meta being the one team convo Symmetra was super good at. The meta favoured her, that was all.

Not to mention having a 3.5 percent pickrate isn’t op at all.

1 Like

Removing complexity is not how you make things fun. The only thing sym needs is to be able to press destruct once to destroy teleporters (it’s a glitch if sym doesn’t have default TP health) and a lower cooldown if she destroys the TP herself.

Maybe something else, like adding a minor slow effect for the enemy team members that walk through her photon barrier.

But outside of the teleporter stuff, she’s really fine the way she is.

This will become more noticeable Tuesday.

Or Wedsday… because DPS Q time will be so long.

Jeff literally said he wanted sym to be viable in a variety of situations and not be niche

So no

1 Like

It is BY FAR the strongest strategy on 1st point Hanamura and HLC, and in most ranks, Paris. It’s completely unstoppable on Hanamura. I’d call that OP.

All Heroes are situational to some degree. And thats fine; no hero should be good everywhere in every comp.

But Symmetra had nearly 3 years of nothing, 2 weeks of viability, then back to dumpster tier outside of 2cp where she’s always been decent at best. But even then, there are 2-3 maps that she’s used on: Volskaya, Hamamura and Anubis.

Even Bastion has a broader range of map usage while being a ‘situational hero’, and he has way less than half the play time Symmetra sees.

Heroes can be situational, that’s fine. What’s not fine is that Symmetra, and the other ‘Black Sheep’ heroes (Bastion, Sombra, Torb), if you will, get ignored when they’re clearly underperforming in their respective niches.

It’s definitely not unstoppable on hanamurra… If you play point they can tp close, but they still have a Symmetra… I myself have prevented that Tp many times.

Also if a character is terrible, but really good in 1 map in the entire game… They need looking into.

Correct. She’s niche and not fun.

Welcome to overwatch. Plenty of heroes are cancerous to go against, whether they are good or bad. In fact only a handful are fun to go against, so that argument is terrible.

Doomfist is viable and he’s probably the most hated character in the game. Then there’s Mei, who’s been nerfed every patch and is still meta because of how she is… Yeah

Unstoppable? Don’t make me laugh. It’s strong sure, but most of it’s power relies on the surprise factor. I have stopped it and have been stopped using it many times. It’s good, probably even great, but not Op or unstoppable.

Honestly this just reminds me when ppl’s aid sym 1.0 was unstoppable (lmao) because they were but hurt that she was unfun to play against

Seems that history repeats itself