Please just reset MMR

And considering you can gain up to 70 SR per match, it would even out in a week or two.

1 Like

A week or two?!

The comp beta is two weeks and a day old. It doesn’t count, and players are losing their minds.

Rainbow six : Siege reset their MMR every season

And it works good… wierd

Siege Ranked play consists of a wide range of tiers. The ranks, from bottom to top, are Copper IV, III, II, I, Bronze IV, III, II, I, Silver IV, III, II, I, Gold IV, III, II, I, Platinum III, II, I, and finally, Diamond.

Ranks are region-specific and reset at the beginning of each season, so every player has a chance to start fresh with the knowledge they gained from the prior season of Ranked play, according to [Ubisoft]. At the beginning of each season, players will take part in 10 placement matches and are awarded a rank.

The Ranking system follows a modified version of the Elo/Glicko system, which was originally created for one-vs-one games, like chess, according to the support page. But how is Elo awarded? Well, that’s where things get a little surprising.

Players are often confused when they end matches with better than average K/D ratios and don’t receive a notable bump up in rank or Elo. This is because the system does not take K/D into account, and players are not awarded extra Elo for their kill-based performance, according to the post. Rather, the main factors that decide each player’s rank is the rank of your opponents and if you won your match. Ubisoft emphasizes that Siege matches are not meant to be won by an individual, but through teamwork, which is why only the wins, losses, and opponent ranks matter.

The Ranking system takes into account your opponents’ ranks in order to better judge what the outcome of the match means. If you’re playing with a squad of Gold I players and the other team is filled with Coppers, then you most likely will not see much awarded Elo. Conversely, if you’re matched with players who outrank you, then you’ll be awarded with a higher amount of Elo when you win.

I hope you can agree on:

Being downranked or boosted, so the system thinks you are rating X where you actual rating is not X, will make the matchmaker fail. It creates games where one team will overrun the other. Destroying the game mostly for all players in that match

When you play with friends all the time and they carry you all the time you can get a much higher rating then your personal rating should be.(boosted)
When you then queue without your friends, you still get in a game where the system thinks you in that rank your friends boosted you too. Meaning your team will get probably destroyed. And your team will probably blame you.

So creating bad one sided games and lots of toxicity.
For me, someone who hates throwers who downrank, and boosted players (so bad games because of those) but also play with friends a lot. Will not downrank/boost my solo account. So for me it is a need.

And i hope since you hate it too, if you play often with friends, you do the same.
Else you will be boosting/downgrading your own account and are the same as people on a second account throwing to bronze and destroying lots of games.

They do not.

Smurfing is out of control on consoles because smurf accounts are free to make and there is no consequence to throwing/griefing/quitting because of that.

It’s been this way on consoles for a very long time now and Blizzard have done absolutely nothing to address it.

It does count.

I play on xbox and i totally understand. You can
*switch off from controller to keyboard/mouse easily.
*create unlimited accounts
*ignore reports because of the former
*make enough accounts to explore how MMR works. Ive played on enough accounts to figure out where 1 win can give me more SR than 2 losses playing in a particular way EZ CLAP
*there are people ALL over the place SR wise on consoles

First see then believe.

Yes they could have a system where they create baseline data for every hero(so stats collection) and use this to see if people are throwing. If you always get about 20 elims/10min and 13k damage/10min. But in one game you only get 8 elims/10 min and 6k damage/10min(so way lower), while the rest of your team had stats like normal. It is obvious you have been throwing that game.

If they dont do this per hero (since they have role and not hero based SR) but if they do this for each role. Then i could play for example pharah game and mei game 2. Of course both would have way different stats.
So the question is would they record data if they dont need it to determine role SR?

Also the way they handle the whole role based SR problem, where lots of people who never played on certain roles getting ranked to high. For people with no data collected on other roles they rather use your main role SR and use this to find another player with about the same SR on their main and look at their data on the other 2 roles and use this for your account…
This for me sounds as very bad. And that they cant use hero based stat data to
place someone in the right rank a lot faster.
At least a lot faster then just placing a random number on your starting SR and then add lots of + - SR depending on win/loose

So for example on an account that never have been played support on before.
The first placement game would be in gold and is played on ana.
The player get stats that are in the top 10% of all data collected on players who played ana in gold games. So he must be a lot better then gold.
So his 2nd placement match he plays a diamond game. If his stats that game again are very good compared to other diamond players playing ana, his next game will be master… etc…
So in 2 or 3 games a player already is playing in the rank that matches his skill. No matter if he had lost because of someone trolling or having 5 dummies in his team. Then you only need a few more games to determine his true rating like 4213. After that you can again rate people on their win/loose.

This way people only need their 5 placement matches and maybe a few more to rank roles with to less data. Or where old SR(that is used now as starting point for most people starting SR on all roles) is based to much on playing only one role
(if someone played 80% on dps and only played support when there was already 2 dps, so filled on support for 20%. There is lots of data collected on support on this account. Still the old SR (that the player mostly got because of his dps skills) is used also for the support role as starting point)

So saying they can now use the collected data to detect throwers, booster and down rankers…
Is probably just a scare tactic.

although you are right, an mmr reset is going to do the opposite of what you think it will, lol.

Wierd how Ubisoft reset MMR each Season in Raibow six : Siege and it work perfectly

Calling others clueless reveal alot of how informed you are

2 Likes

It’s not normal right now. You’re exaggerating the potential problems of a system change while downplaying the existing problems of the current system (look up “Status quo bias” if you’re interested, there’s tons of fascinating studies about it).
I admit that there might be problems, but right now we also have a lot of significant problems that plague the ranks, including a very common perception of being unable to escape ranks despite being able to play at much higher levels on alternative accounts. Blizzard are wrong in their view of the Dunning-Kruger-effect when they argue that everyone is just overestimating their skill.

2 Likes

I very much Agree with cheesecake there is no point in mmr reset yes it will get rid of boosted players etc etc but they can just be boosted again and gm/top500 players will be played with lower ranks then everyone will start moaning like they always do

Honestly, I just think people should just MMR reset just to appease their audience. Top players don’t have to worry because they’ll steam roll and get back to their ranks and bottom players will realize that they’re actually not as good as they think they are. Simple as that. At the end of the day, the matches are already bad, why not go all the way?

Same like for scoreboards, sure, it’s going to increase toxicity but the game is already toxic.

1 Like

Don’t know if you’ve noticed, but this isn’t Rainbow Six: Siege.

It was probably just you who didn’t make own job right and thats why your whole team lost.

They are both team based competitive with an MMR

They maybe not be the same game but they share alot in commun

1 Like

I have 3 accounts and done 6 runs from 2k to 3k with different heroes(tanks mostly). Also played in masters teams as main tank on LFG a lot.
Im totally confirm, this. The only way to rank up is to make kills. Only kills matters in the end. So if you are a team player and playing rein in gold - forget it. You will stay there forever.
Play Zarya and kill people with full charge - then you will have your diamond right away. Easy, gg.
Ther are heroes which are good for killing , so just play those heroes. Team based heroes often cannot compete with pure DPS ones in terms of value.
OR you can just pick symmetra. I’ve ranked right in 2750 with her while im the worst DPS player in the world. Because she is so OP now. Play OP heroes and you will have high rank! And then after meta shifts - lose games and cause a lot of frustration to everybody because you were boosted with OP hero!
That how system works in fact :confused:

Team A rolls Team B in two minutes and then full holds them. Tell my how is 100x worse even possible?
It’s already a disaster 50% of the time.
If you have a better solution go on name it, I ain’t looking for a lucky carry I just want those boosted noobs in the rank they belong.

1 Like

This can easily happen with balanced teams, there is a lot of things involved. You can simpy have bad luck with team mates who can play only certain heroes and even when enemy team is same skilled mechanicaly, they will counter your heroes. Matchmaker cant read future, it doesnt know if you are in good mood, if you are going to throw and so many other things.

Maybe that’s the problem. Season 1-3 were enjoyable for me even dive meta. Sure we had less cc back then and players were still learning the game but back then all ranks were filled.
We have a search time problem now don’t we? I think it’s time again to shove more players into bronze, silver, diamond and master.