Please just reset MMR

I’m so tired of it people are ranked way too high. It feels like a third of my team got boosted almost every game. Same for enemy team I feel bad for them when ever I see their support going for kills and feed.
Its just not fun wins feel unrewarding sometimes even frustrating because you played with what feels like the worst teammate possible.

5 Likes

A full reset would be 100 times worse.

Data is needed to rank people properly. Reseting everything means Bronze players are at the same standing as GM players. Now those M/GM players may get separated rather quickly most middle ranks like silver-diamond aren’t as clear cut.

It would be months before people get back to a proper rank.

You don’t know what you’re asking for.

9 Likes

It can’t be much worse than having 3 boosted accounts in high diamond (premade) going on about how they have gold damage over sym in this shield heavy meta. Our hammond literally ignored the fact that he has a team or that he should make space, letting 2 tanks, 1 dps and 1 healer just walk into our team while he cannot confirm a kill and has to retreat because he feeds too much. meanwhile his buddy on zen cannot put orb on anything and his sigma buddy keep ruining his shield vs enemies that are not even in his range (or anyone’s) yet.

1 Like

SR is messed up all over the place but it isn’t as inaccurate as it would be if everyone started from essentially 0.

I’m hearing some horror stories but that’s not everyone and on my several accounts I was placed extremely accurately. On my hero practice accounts that stays at low Silver/low Gold I decided to use my strongest heros and see how close to my actual Sr it would place me (considering my MMR on this account is fairly low due to using my worst heros on it)

Sure enough it ranked me Low plat. Which is way higher then that account has ever been but about an Elo lower that I normally play. After 10ish games my SR was climbing faster and faster as the game recognized I didn’t belong in that elo either.

In my opinion the 5 games needed to rank was a mistake. They should have kept it 10 so they would get a bigger sample size. Whats happening is people get placed weird due to existing MMR and bad/good games. Then the System has to figure out where you properly belong in games where multiple people are misplaced.

Ironing this all out will take a while.

A full reset would be 100 times worse and would require everyone to play a ton more games before getting placed properly.

2 Likes

I think everything will be fixed by s18 without resetting

3 Likes

^ This

I got misplaced on support and I am sure I made a whole lot of people’s lives miserable as I ROFL stomped my way up through 12 matches or so.

You think your team-mates are bad atm? Wait til you get someone who should be 2 or 3 ranks lower than you and the enemy has a ‘real’ smurf.

An MMR reset although good on paper, will have months of fallout as GMs accidentally boost Bronzes etc who then go on to wreck other people’s matches etc.

PS. A bronze is no different to a thrower in a plat match as much as a plat is a thrower in a masters match etc. All the complaints you have seen about throwers and smurfs will be so much worse with an MMR reset until things settle.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for pointing this out. Been a lot of threads about people “throwing” and it crossed my mind how often people are quick to label someone as a thrower in normal games. Makes sense where a lot of people are being misplaced or never played that role before being labeled as throwers when they are just victims of being miss ranked or just bad at a role they never really tried before.

1 Like

They say months will be broken… but its been broken for years. It will not suddenly fix itself buy adding, more jaded stats.

Games feel terrible and unbalanced well into masters… I care not about MONTHS.

4 Likes

This is a good point. It’s the classic problem of people being afraid to change something, illogically inflating the problems of the new system while downplaying the current problems.
I have played games with rank resets, and while the early time after a reset can be very messy it was overall decently balanced once ranks had settled

4 Likes

This is like having a headache and so driving a nail into your head.

There’s already a huge problem in game with high tier players playing on low tier smurfs and ruining games, and you want Blizzard to legitimise that with a full reset?

No. Please stop.

1 Like

They should do a total reset.

I see no point in using this old data that’s already screwed up beyond repair to make matches in a totally brand new role queue system.

Launch Role Queue. Reset Everything. Fresh Start. Only way the game would be any fun these days. Don’t worry about masters in bronze. They’re already there, screwing around on smurfs and the reset would actually help get rid of them.

3 Likes

Reset will just screw the matchmaking even more. It will make your matches 10x worse than you think it already is. Although it would be fun for me.

1 Like

For about two days. Then, the entire game would finally reflect people’s current skills, and be much much much better.

2 Likes

Try two or more months. A full MMR reset means everyone starts at the exact same rank (the median, so mid-gold-ish), so you could literally have the first match that looks something like:

(from Season 17’s end)
3950-2410-4570-2980-3570-2200
vs
1150-<500-3310-2500-1700-1400

Have fun trying to sort ranks when you get matches that look like that for months.

That is, unless you really are trying to look for a lucky boost to a higher rank than you deserve.

1 Like

That’s what every single person who asks for a reset wants

2 Likes

Every single person who asks for a reset is clueless and the rest of us should be thankful they’re not in game development!

And i am so tired of people who want reset… It will not help you in any way. Developers even said they tried it internaly and it was disaster.

Problems you described would be 100x worse with reset.

And… who cares? Who actually cares if the horrid matches we see now, that we KNOW will never change, are replaced with horrid matches for a couple of days while all the throwers, smurfs, trolls, idiots are put into their proper ranks in order for us to get better matches in the long term?

Because they sure are not in their proper ranks right now. It makes the game boring and pointless to even play.

A reset, a fresh start, is what this game SORELY needs.

But they won’t do it. Then they’ll be sitting with a dead game within a month.

You’ll see.

2 Likes

Like seriously? Do you really mean what you said? You have no idea what would happen. If you would make reset, everyone who would want to, could easily place in bronze on their accounts on purpose. Even the ones who were top500 before. Instead of deranking like 3000 sr, they would place in bronze in 10 games and low bronze few games after.

Sorry but you just dont understand the ranking/matchmaking system, because anyone who does, knows that reset would be pure hell.

You know what? Explain to me how exactly reset would help you as individual. And start with doing placement with another 11 individuals who has unknown rank. What do you think would happen in your placement if system has no data about performance of anyone basicly. How can system place people correctly when there is no data for it and games put together with completely mixed ranks.

2 Likes