Please give us the option: RQ / Regular Queue

But u don’t enjoy role q? It’s one or the other. No in between.

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

And so was I told on PTR beta “You’ll see, it’s gonna work on live beta on August 13th”.

What will be the excuse when this doesn’t work on September 1st ?

“Oh it takes a couple of months to see that this system works fine, be patient”, right ?

Just don’t, please and stop lying to yourself. If you were all honest, you would acknowledge role queue in its current is problematic and make a lot of people worry (with good reasons).

It’s a large change, were you expecting everyone to be in their proper skill buckets within the first week of release? You sound like someone who is familiar with software development.

What reasons would those be?

1 Like

Nope. A good percentage of players are enjoying it without worrying about the non existent or minimal problems.

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

1 Like

In all honesty, if everyone is in the same boat while they work out the bugs, what’s the big deal?

FWIW, no one said “its gonna work on August 13th” that i know of.

1 Like

I call for a return to No Limits.

here’s what I want overwatch to be.

also I’d like everyone to start at zero SR. and also have the ability to shed SR with the click of a button. You can’t stop sandbaggers, so why try.

thanks for reading

Not u again :sob: no please don’t listen to this guy.

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

3 Likes

Good luck getting support to play there…

1 Like

2.2.2 isn’t enforcing meta, it’s enforcing no 3-4-5-6 DPS teams. Which is good and a healthy change to the game. One of the best they’ve ever made. Just because you’re mad because they’ve let you make those bad team comps before doesn’t mean that its ‘giving up’ on anything. The only thing they’ve given up on are folks like you, living in delusion where 4 dps comps are fun. Your healer/tank or combination thereof beg to differ.

“too much pressure put on one player to fill all of their role.” is the exact phrase they used to describe it. And this is supposed to be a team game.

2 Likes

My guess if two types of comp modes come out, balances will be based on 2/2/2 and the classic comp will be left untouched (easier to balance for 2/2/2).
Classic comp will also be filled with either 3+ dps comps or 6 stacks running goats. Like I can’t imagine many tank/support mains going to classic comp aside from 6-stacking.

Although Blizzard has no control over what people pick in the game, they do have control over everything else.
They had control over Mercy when they reworked her and it ended up as a must have on every game for, how long? Half a year?.

They had control over Brigitte when they released her, an off-tank healer with a one-shot combo that managed to change the meta for months, if not a year.
it shouldn’t have had taken them that long to change her into a proper healer or a proper off-tank.

2-2-2 is an open letter stating that they, in deed, couldn’t balance the game.

And, on top of all, a game like this one shouldn’t have 16 DPS while having 8 Tanks and 7 Supports.

1 Like

I like role que. Really has decreased the toxicity.

1 Like

Yes, I do. It’s the least they can do after forcing a radical change to the original game we bought 3 years ago.

I don’t think asking for a system that works fine is too much to ask in exchange of not having the choice to play with previous Competitive system.

This is none of my concern. I’m a customer that bought a product 3 years and I knew what I was buying back then. With this drastic change to the original game that once promoted diversity of gameplay and complete freedom of hero selection, I’m not sure everybody recognizes the game they purchased.

Feel free to like this new system but you can’t force people to embrace it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions (just like you are with yours). Let people criticize forced 2-2-2 as much as some of you criticized original system (for 2 years straight).

Just take a look at any of the trending threads that explain it entirely or go through my posting history and you’ll find anything you need to know about issues with role queue that a lot of us predicted and that turned out to be true.

I’m not wasting my time making tons of paragraphs again here. If you were interested in knowing about this in the slightest, you would do your research by yourself but I know you could care less about any of this.

You would shut down anything that goes against role queue so I don’t even know why you’re quoting me.

The problem is that people couldn’t even handle having 4-5 DPS in their games once every 6-7 games (or more) prior to role queue. They overexaggerated the whole thing so they could get their precious 2-2-2 and when role queue shows actual issues those same people choose to ignore the facts as if they didn’t even exist.

Hypocrisy at its best.

Yeah “no one said this” of course… just like “the majority of people like role queue”. I know you pro 2-2-2 people have some kind of talent for propaganda but don’t you realize how ignorant it is to state something like “no one said this or that” ?

Do I really have to take your word for it as if you were able to read all the threads on these forums ? Plus, not all players come to the forums FYI so we can’t know what % of the players like or hate forced 2-2-2.

FWIW, a lot of people said “it’s gonna work on August 13th”. I witnessed in on the PTR part of the forum during role queue beta.

I guess it’s your word against mine but do know that your argument is very weak because it’s impossible for anyone to read all the forum’s content so I don’t wanna be rude but what you said made me smile and doesn’t encourage me to trust anything you might say in here (sorry).

The system needs to learn how good you are. It cannot just know

It’s also a BETA you are participating in. Your stats are not being affected

You knew you were buying a game with persistent update and balance changes. The game didn’t even have a competitive mode when it launched.

It’s not an “opinion” that making a system like this work will take time and input from players.

You honestly think it’s reasonable to ask someone attempting to engage you in discourse to read your post history?

I’ve yet to read any good arguments against 2-2-2, and I have read a lot. That is why I asked. Good arguments cannot be simply “shut down” but most of them are so riddled with holes that they mostly fall apart on their own.

2 Likes

Yet it assumes a lot of things out of the blue, which explains why a lot of support main in GM somehow landed at Master (or even GM) as DPS or tanks even when sucking hard at it.

If a system can’t just know, wouldn’t it be wiser to just reset people’s ranks on roles they haven’t ever played in 3 years in Competitive ? Are you saying it’s better to give them an inaccurate rank so they can indirectly ruin other people’s games with accurate role SR on their primary role ?

It’s not about stats, yet about game experience that is far from being optimal.

The Competitive system we had was not influenced by the community. It was released the way it was supposed to be, thanks to the devs work and original ideas. There sure were some tweaks to improve the experience but changing the core of the game and synergy possibilities was never something that was planned.

It became a thing because of a group of people complaining and being loud about it. That’s why devs were influenced into creating restrictions to the game. There might be more now that the community knows they can get anything they want if they whine quite enough.

Not sure if it’s smart to pull this 3 years after game release but I still think it’s not fair to jeopardize people’s experience just because a bunch of people constantly complained to get forced 2-2-2.

They should have made experiments prior to the game’s release or extend the PTR beta when it comes to 2-2-2 so it’s ready to be functional on live (or release Competitive with forced 2-2-2 and another one with Original Competitive).

I’m questioning your honesty here. It’s pretty much impossible to miss any of the threads addressing role queue current issues.

I’m not really sure you’re interested in learning something out of this.

Same goes for me with people rooting for forced 2-2-2. I have read a lot of threads and none of them convinced me.

What you’re describing sums up every thread I came across that praised role queue so far such as people mocking DPS for long queues, calling them selfish, overexaggerating the “4 DPS in a game” scenario, people being able to choose what they want to play (without acknowledging the restrictions in terms of metas and hero synergy) etc…

The list is long but none of them were really meaningful nor stood for facts. Just opinions based on personal feelings disguised as facts (when they’re not).

I don’t think splitting the queues would work.

Role queue would have 222 and the other queue would have 6 dps. Don’t think 6 dps vs 6 dps will last long before even those guys get fed up. They’ll just go and play deathmatch as respawns are quicker.

I don’t think putting everyone at their “old” rank for all roles makes sense. I assume they have a plan to fix this for live. If they do not that’s not so great.

Assuming a 4K+ insert role here can do this on other roles makes little sense. I agree with you here they messed this part up. It will take quite awhile for the system to stabilize on it’s own especially with the number of alt accounts that could be in the mix.

This is less a problem with role based SR and more a problem with this step in their implementation plan. It is worth noting, resetting stats would have growing pains as well. It’s a different environment so it’s very plausible some people won’t be as “good” in this new world as they were previous, the reverse is also possible.

I am saying it’s better to make SR more accurate even if that means the community has some pain points for awhile.

Beta’s are not all about stats either, Beta suggests they are still testing and working out details. Testing means experience might not be optimal.

Online games go through change, all that change is never on the table at the time of the game’s creation. Nearly every online game out there has gone through change at some point that wasn’t part of the initial vision.

This is conjecture. You were not in any development meetings. I’ve worked on large development teams, I’ve never worked on a single one that makes changes because people whine about stuff they don’t believe should be in the product.

This wasn’t done because people complained, it was done for the health of the game. You saying they should have done this 3 years ago isn’t really a good reason for not doing it now.

They can’t make it “functional” on the PTR, it doesn’t have the population. If you do not play on PTR how is it supposed to get data regarding how you played on PTR?

I’m not really sure you have much to “teach” with the arguments you have been coming up with. I said I have read them

They all contain the same universally poor logic.

You took the time to respond to me and still did not bother to list a single reason why you think this is such a poor idea outside of “it wasn’t there at launch” and they mess up SR for alternate roles (which I agree with needs fixing).

• people mocking DPS for long queues/calling them selfish: this game’s population possesses a very low level of maturity. There are passive aggressive threads from both camps popping up. This isn’t an argument for or against RQ. It’s just children throwing tantrums
  • 4 DPS in a game - isn’t why RQ was brought in. This is a strawman that people like to throw out there.

The head developer has come out and said point blank they tested combinations which had 1 healer and/or 1 tank and they resulted in a diminished experience for said 1 healer/1 tank on average. If people did not read this and see the writing on the wall for an experience which avoids this. Then they do not understand software development

The players forced Blizzard’s hand by refusing to treat their fellow players with respect; and by mostly playing a team based game with complete disregard to their team. This isn’t just DPS players, there are plenty of salty tanks and supports too.

1 Like

You are in denial about why 2-2-2 was implemented. You’re angry, your toy got taken away, I understand. In six months when OW is well regarded for making the move you will still be angry, but its for the best.

Blizz has made it very clear that the PTR and beta periods were there as part of tuning, if you were aware enough you would understand this fact.

BTW, its a joke to say 1 out of 7 games had 4-5 dps, that was far more common. We needed 2-2-2 to combat the problems inherent in role stacking that create conditions for metas that basically preclude characters from ever seeing the light of day. GOATS as one, but not the only, example was so bad that entire role was precluded from play…

The only real serious object about 2-2-2 was queue times, and that’s so far turning out unless you are high tier in the middle of the night in Europe not a problem either.

1 Like

This is the biggest problem I’ve felt - I feel constrained by having half the options if i’m not playing DPS - and some of the DPS are from the previously Defense category and could be used as alt-roles for both defense of the team and utility, like Mei and Torb.

I used to play a lot more, at least while climbing from bronze to plat (like, really low plat) - some hard games had comebacks because one of the tanks / healers / dps switched to a Torb, or a Mei to help with some last stands, or setup impromptu choke-points.

These creative ways of using characters aren’t just possible anymore, enforced by the dumbing down of classes and the straight jacket of 2/2/2.

Besides, Blizz actively encouraged - at least at dev streams, events and things like that - players to learn a handful of heroes across all roles, the so called “flex”.

And now those who followed that advice, are being punished for that.

2 Likes

A personal attack is such regardless of whether feelings are hurt