Please give sigma some actual downtime

This may be a plat chat take, but the reason why sigma has so much uptime is because he requires so much time to get value. Unlike dva, rein or ball who can just get in there and get value, sigma feels like he needs a lot of time to burn out resources and build up damage. Idk maybe I’m just playing him wrong…

Like others have said, he does have downtime. It just doesn’t seem like it because almost every other tank can fill in the gap. That won’t be a problem in ow2.

7 Likes

I mean I’m not saying the hero needs a nerf, and I kinda agree with you there, I just think it’s an unhealthy and unfun way to be viable. I’d much rather they reduce his clunkiness but give him more downtime.

1 Like

Internal Blizzard stats that are infinitely more accurate than Overbuff will or has ever been.
Normally how it works is you try to help out the heroes that are struggling.
Like for example the worst winrate in the game.
Only in the forums does winrate not matter at all. Glad this isnt the case with the actual developers.

1 Like

Nope, winrate is objectively a biased stat. Anyways lets get back to the real topic.

3 Likes

Imgur

So nerf Reaper, S76 and Ashe?

7 Likes

He is the doomfist of tanks.

We should also nerf rein, buff ball because of their winrates.

Oh and also brig/bap need buffs :joy::joy::joy:

Moiras a top 3 support btw

5 Likes

They buffed those DPS hero to combat double shield instead of addressing the actual issue.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the usual reply from “move the goal post to fit my agenda” person.
Lets see.
You are using only GM stats, where all heroes (EXCEPT McCree) have above 50% winrates.
AND you are only using DPS heroes. AND you are using only this month, Further trying to spin it to fit your agenda.

If we go by just the general win rates on all ranks for the last 3 months, (A more general statistical margin) , then we have :
h ttps://i.ibb.co/ThpNLM6/Screenshot-2022-01-05-144716.png
Sym, Torb, Pharah, Rein, Zen , Lucio, all have better winrates than 76.

I guess we need to nerf Rein, Mercy Ana and Zarya because their pick rates for the last 3 months have been higher or equal to 76 or McCree. Because popular = OP right.

Clown world :clown_face:

1 Like

Good thing we balance around GM? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Either way, pickrate isn’t perfect, even I can admit this. There are more variables to consider.

2 Likes

Do they? Find me a quote to this.
And i wouldnt mind if they did. Still would mean that if they nerfed 76 because of GM win rates, then they would also have to nerf, Pharah, Sym , Reaper , Doom, Rein, Zarya and Lucio.
As they have a similar or higher winrate than 76 does in GM for the last 3 moths.

It’s in a reddit post, do your own research because I already know it’s true. Jeff kaplan specifically said they balance around masters/gm/owl

Great. Glad that they do.
Also glad that they use accurate internal statistics instead of erroneous numbers you see on Overbuff. And certainly don’t just rely on popular equals OP nonsense.

You claimed that winrate matters…Does it or does it not?

Yes because gm is only where balance starts to matter or are you arguing that we should balance around gold?

The winrates are set to highest first so Reaper, S76 and Ashe have the highest dps winrates.

There’s literally an Ana there.

Monthly is typically used in balance discussions but ok lets use even more data since 1 month isn’t enough for you.

3 months:

Imgur

Nerf Pharah, Sym and S76?

6 months:

Imgur

Nerf Pharah, S76 and Doom?

Oh, look, a theme. S76 is always in the top 3 dps winrates.

It’s your argument that winrates matter, not mine. You don’t get to claim they do for Mccree but not for S76. Pick one.

Somebody pointing out that your argument contradicts itself doesn’t mean that goalposts are being moved or make it spin. It means that your own argument is defeating itself.

8 Likes

And they’re objectively using the wrong statistics because they’re using stats biased towards the hero they main. It isn’t rocket science here to see that the devs have favorites, clearly becausue specific members of the balance team likely main those heroes. If I entered a balance meeting, it would be something like this:

Person 1: Ok guys we should look at nerfing cassidy, there’s been a big uproar about him, he’s most games right up until OWL what should we do
Cassidy main balance team member: bUt hIs wInrAte

I mean you can even see this on the forums, notice how it’s only cassidy mains who use winrate?

I think the funny thing about all this is that ashe and soldier have one of the highest winrates in the game, yet I’ve heard you actually claim ashe is one of the weaker DPS. Talk about using stats to fit your narrative eh? :roll_eyes:

Oh so NOW overbuff isn’t accurate, because it doesn’t fit your narrative?

2 Likes

Nerfing Reaper and Ashe :sob:

Reaper will need to take the hit for the greater good :pray:

1 Like

Reaper is like one of the worst DPS in the game, but yeah they definitely need a nerf because winrates matter only :joy:

1 Like

I’ve always said it matters. But I have also stated that other factors are to be taken into account as well. Certainly not just popularity like most on these forums like to cry about.

And as far as people just throwing up pictures and stats from Overbuff which is not a reliable source, that is also pretty funny as the stats are not accurate. Yet they act like if they have a trump card and are making valid arguments.

I already said above that I’m glad that the balance around the top percentage of players and not no low levels that don’t know how to play the game properly.

Sure, if you are suggesting unnecessary nerfs to 76 then sure Nerf those heroes as well. Since they are performing above the hero you think is overtuned.

Sure I stated above.

I have a better idea. How about we revert one of Soldier’s buffs most likely the Helix Rocket. We also revert Hitacan fall off changes to Ashe and Cassidy and then look at their cooldowns and in Cassidy’s case maybe HP :thinking: