Please Fix This Game

And to that I’d say this game is primarily a shooter, and moving further in the shooter direction.

And if people are butthurt about a shooter game not following RPG/MOBA archetype designs.

They can quit.

Overwatch has far more in common with “Class Based Shooters”, which have “Heavies”.

And the role limit of 1 per team, gives devs leverage to buff them further than they could of there was no role limit.

Or instead of making ultra-dps, they can just delete a tank and not have people quit make the game actually balanced AND fun.

Easier to just let people who care more about labeling than gameplay, quit.

Tanks don’t find the game fun unless they are ultra strong and make it impossible for the other two roles to do damage. People like to be OP and tank mains take that to another level. So they’ll never feel fun unless they are broken in damage and sustain. It’s how tanks have always been and everyone knows that.

First of all, that incorrect comma usage made that almost impossible to parse.

Second of all, if the thing you are worried about (and that is what it seems like you are trying to communicate) is q times, then 5v5 simply fixes that. Support will be the ‘flex ticket role’. How tank is balanced will be up to the devs (and up to us to complain about it no matter what happens).

My guess is that the majority of the tank buffs come in the form of anti-tank nerfs.

[OW2] Balance Design Blueprint

No you aren’t getting it. A priori tanks don’t need buffs because Q times will already be fixed. The game is getting redesigned. Whether the tank characters have impact, and how much, will be determined at a later date.

All in all it just sounds like the game is not for you.

In all honesety, i wanna see the game’s powerlevel for the top half of heroes to be nerfed down quite a bit. i wanna see a higher TTK in this game where its less chaotic and you dont just die after peeking for a second. Or instalive after a second.

Not a big fan of “Don’t worry everything will magically solve itself later automatically” handwaving.

No, they think they are bad because there is zero teamplay in low ranks which makes certain heroes borderline unplayable. OW is basically impossible to balance because how it is designed.

1 Like

Right. Lets just balance a game that doesn’t yet exist, that makes sense and isn’t an example of Premature Optimization ™.

But I paid $10 for it! I demand it get balanced around me!

You could say that I have a knack for suggesting balance changes that don’t yet exist.

That magically find their into the game.

Beg to differ.

Look at Minecraft. COD. Fortnite. Sea of Thieves. ESO. GTA Online.

Games nowadays more than ever before are retaining their player-bases as devs are more active than ever before in producing new content and in game balances.

Except Blizzard. They’ve failed in this department across multiple games.

45 million didn’t quit because they found a better game. Sure some of them did, but losing 1,000% of your potential player base has more causation than that.

Fortnite lost more than half their playerbase lol.

Overwatch was literally higher than them earlier on twitch granted Xqc was streaming

That’s what happens when you have 350 million accounts in your game.

Just stop.

Tell me why 45 million OW players quit?

They cant fix OW they are busy making a pve game for a game thats supposed to be pvp

If this happens and the game is bad balanced, the same characters will get banned over and over again, which will make the game more monotone. Appart of that, if heroes are banned in a game in which countering has a lot of importance, it’s even more unfair to play.

Honestly, telling somebody that has no idea for having a different opinion than you is laughable. I mean, if you have looked for about 600 hours for the options, why do you literally ask for an option that makes the game more unfun and therefore players stop playing it? Looks like you really havent been 600 hours thinking of this or that you are too biased

And by the way, you said you had 4 ways to accomplish this. Maybe all together instead of the hero ban system would not make this game unfair to play and would make people play tank.

That’s why whatever ban system they do would need some sort of randomized element.

Like a shortlist of heroes that can get a “protection from ban”.

If you’re gonna say “It’s really simple”, without a concrete definition of what that is, I’m really going to doubt you have any solutions in mind, just vague wishful thinking.

Because it’s really not that simple.