Please don't use abusive FOMO practices

Please do not remove the ability finish a battle pass after a season ends.
Please do not add more limited time skins to the store.
Please do not use a rotating storefront.

If you actually think that your cosmetics are content,
if you actually want to be inclusive,
do not abuse your playerbase.

Don’t be abusive, predatory pricks. I’ll probably buy your stuff, just don’t give me constant anxiety. Okay? Thanks.

100 Likes

It’s way too late to plea for this.

18 Likes

“please don’t eat MY face, leopard!”

29 Likes

Damn, seems like you’re in for a ride…

4 Likes

You can always call for a boycott.
Though I doubt people will actually follow through on it unfortunately.

2 Likes

So much of the world’s marketing is built on maximizing and capitalizing on this feeling, and has been longer than we’ve been alive.

You’re better off accepting that you don’t need to have everything, no matter how limited it is, and living without the stress of having to collect all the things.

7 Likes

I really hope not.

Basically, yes. Management won’t listen if they see dollar signs, but it’s worth at least a forum thread.

8 Likes

Overwatch’s cosmetics were built on fomo from day one, it was just gentle, and the latest anniversary event bringing back some of those limited skins was such a balm.

But now the game is f2p and actiblizz execs are going to feed on us until we die. We’re going to be tortured within an inch of our life to fund bobby’s golden parachute.

6 Likes

I know.

I do. But compulsions and anxiety are strong things.

Yep. I really hope they can keep Overwatch 2 from becoming another dumpster fire.

HEY. IMAGINE ETHICAL FREE TO PLAY. WOULDN’T THAT BE COOL? YOU KNOW? REDEFINING FREE TO PLAY?

Gotta love reasoning about ethics with the absolute psychopaths of the board.

5 Likes

I can’t think of any other game with a battle pass that lets you finish them once a season is over.

Guild Wars 2, apparently.

Halo: Infinite also has a permanent battle pass, if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

Only other Blizzard game I think of with a battlepass is Hearthstone, and they definitely don’t let you finish it after the season is done. So I would assume they wouldn’t for OW2 either.

Holy heck it does.

DOES THE BATTLE PASS IN HALO INFINITE EVER EXPIRE?

No. All Battle Passes in Halo Infinite are permanently available and upgrading to the premium Battle Pass is always an option. Season Progress is applied to whichever Battle Pass the player has selected as currently active in-game.

12 Likes

i sincerely hope this is the option they go with for OW2’s battle pass. if they want the game to be approachable to a diverse group of players, who may only have a bit of time each week to play, this is the way to do it.

3 Likes

It’s not, but you have to plea to the right people. Call your representative and tell them your concerns about predatory monetization schemes.

1 Like

I’m so glad they got rid of Jeff so they could have the opportunity to add amazing battle passes, get your wallets ready!

1 Like

Ohhh. This is actually true & I completely forgot this happened.

During the first ever event, the 1st Summer Games event, the event skins were not purchasable with the in-game coins, & then they changed that after people complained about not getting them in the lootboxes.

1 Like

This is my biggest fear summarized in one post.

I can only hope they won’t do this but every f2p multiplayer game(fps especially) is exactly like this and people foolishly and blindly defend this garbage.

I came back to add to this post.

My worst nightmare has come to pass, do I get skins for heroes I absolutely love(but do not really play until PvE is here anyways) or do I get skins for heroes I do actively play in PVP… this is such an awful feeling.

But hey just get more money right xDxDxD

Please let me get it all when I want for no effort except for what I feel like doing if I happen to.

Don’t be a lazy, selfish, entitled consumer. Learning to make judgment calls and prioritize your spending and habits is an important life lesson. Blizz is doing you a favor.