Please don't listen to the Brigitte haters

The entire point is that there is no proof that she will be in any tier. We’re all just talking about gut feelings at this point.

mhm.

1 Like

I understand that you’re being snide, but the reality is that Kaplan himself said that they weren’t done with the nerfs, which remained unspecified. We have no idea what this hero is going to play like in the end.

if you don’t know, then perhaps it’s not the best idea to be peddling alarmist nonsense like you have a clue what you’re talking about?

3 Likes

I would take your own advice, sir. I think this forum would be great without all the hyperbole about Brigitte countering every hero on the roster and winning 1v6s against the enemy team. But, alas, that is not the world we live in.

The lack of self-awareness there is neeeext level.

that’s a strawman. lazy lazy lazy. i’d like you to show me where i said that brig counters every hero and that she can 1v6. i’ll wait - i understand that i have 1100 posts on here.

what i did say is that she trivially removes value from tanks and has teamfight sustain to rival pre nerf valkyrie.

3 Likes

You’re acting like I am being unreasonable for comparing the anti-Brigitte hysteria to the anti-Doomfist hysteria. I disagree. This seems very similar, and I think we will see similar results. I may be a lazy, lying unperson, but I think the pattern of what has been fits with what is to come.

No, people are actually talking about Brigitte game play and balance.

If you want to argue Brigitte is balanced, go ahead.

If you want to talk about feelings, you’ll have to accept that they will be rejected in balance discussions.

I’m not talking about my feelings, nor your feelings. I’m talking about what I think will happen. What do you think will happen?

…Your feeling of what will happen?

Is this just me “splitting hairs” here?

saying brigitte will definitively be F tier because the dev team has a vested interest in keeping dive as the meta is unreasonable, yes. glad we agree on that.

as for your worries that brig will be doomfisted, don’t worry - she’s a support, so she’ll be merely very good in about 6 months. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m replying to you almost exclusively because you seem to be at least trying to have a reasonable disussion.

I said that I thought she would be F-tier. I think this because I think that the devs will cave just as they did with the Doomfist situation. Pressure from streamer celebs and the volume of anger on the forums seems just about the same as it was back then. This, combined with changes now and the nebulous promise of future changes indicates to me that we’re seeing another massacre in the works.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Historically dominant supports don’t get nerfed hard nor fast, so my guess is Brigitte will remain close to how she is in the foreseeable future.

One can only hope it’ll be different this time, but I doubt it.

1 Like

that’s pretty categorically not what you said, and you responded with nothing but derision to people who pointed that out to you.

brigitte is a support, so if history has any telling on what will happen brig will get tapped with slap on the wrist nerfs for the next 3 seasons until she settles in as “only” an A-tier pick.

sledgehammer nerfs are reserved for DPS and off tanks.

1 Like

Can we stop acting like Doomfist’s hit box was fine? He was punching people through cars. It was ridiculous.

Yes, it got nerfed more than it should’ve, but it did need to get toned down.

I would point to Ana as the counterargument that big nerfs do not affect supports. As for the rest, I am sorry that you misunderstood me. For the record, this is what I think will happen, and that is what you think will happen.

Maybe one day we can discuss Overwatch without trying to assassinate the character of the other person. Maybe.

Preach :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

OW Community: same old meta every season…one stale season after another…woe is me…flankers op…
Brig: relieves us of the stale meta
OW Community: OH MY %&*%ING GOD SHES OP PLS NERF UNPLAYABLE BLIZZARD FIX UR GAME