Please don't listen to the Brigitte haters

Makes playing Main Tanks an unfun mess of getting constantly getting stunned

Main Tank players and Pros alike:“Brigitte is way too strong”

Brigitte Main: “OMG THESE GENJI AND TRACER MAINS MAN, THEY ARE ALWAYS COMPLAINING ABOUT SUPPORTS BEING OP!1!1!”

5 Likes

ana was an A-tier pick after her nerfs. it was the winston changes, along with the destruction of roadhog, that really buried her, since she has a terrible time against dive tanks (much more so than she does flankers, actually) and there was no longer a roadhog in every game to invalidate him.

in the current meta, ana is strong - amongst people that can actually use her, which has always been a small pool of people even when she was seen as a must pick - to invalidate the brig and moira meatball that is quite strong lately. unless you run a widowmaker, nobody can get to her either, so she can essentially heal to her heart’s content. not quite A-tier, but she’s getting there, and we’re seeing some pretty significant changes to her soon that should make her strong in high tiers again.

i would direct your concerns to your brigitte-maining cohort who seem content to pretend like the complaints of main tank players literally not being able to play the game as “just genji mains whining”. that gets us nowhere.

2 Likes

I think that unless Ana is given a mobility tool like Widowmaker or Hanzo, she will continue to languish as being poorly equipped to do her job. A sniper-healer shouldn’t be playing short and medium range support like a sort of healing McCree.

there are definitely some contradictions in her kit. it mattered less back in her halcyon days as she had no competition, but now she definitely needs a little something to shine on the ladder. (she’s always been better in tournaments, since you can depend on peel and your second healer to keep you topped up there.)

we’ll have to see what the dev team has in store, but the fact that it is a whole new mechanic seems promising.

Please do , i wanna have fun again.
being a tank player is so terrible in this current meta.

And now I’m having to reply to your edit –

Brigitte-maining cohort? I have a cohort? Am I a legate? That would be cool. Or was it the case that you looked at my hero pool and assigned me to a side in this ongoing tribal conflict?

Come on, we were doing well. Let’s not backslide.

I agree that it is promising, and I am hoping for some movement utility.

fair enough. my point is that there’s vitriol on both sides.

i play a lot of tracer but i also play a lot of supports, and i try to be objective as possible when looking at the state of the game. there are valid concerns about brigitte’s kit that have nothing to do with flankers, and i think it serves everyone well to remember that.

pretending that the only reason not to like brigitte is because she stands in the way of my sick 6 man blade potg isn’t productive.

movement would be cool (i’ve always wanted a ledge climb mechanic of some sort) but i would also be happy with a way to heal off chip damage without having to use nade. ideally both.

1 Like

All good and well. And there is vitriol on all sides. Thanks for taking the time to have a decent discussion.

1 Like

Not that they can reliably aim to anything faster or smaller than a shield. It gives them a sense of progression and satisfaction seeing how shield slowly cracks and then breaks.

Not to mention, Brig is surrounded by far slow heroes so any target is easy and teamfights are very long, even the worst players have a chance to do a lot of damage/healing.

i main tanks and she is an absolute pain to deal with, her cooldowns are so low.

I feel bad but the complaints are just dumb. She is a hero with the smallest barrier in both health and size, nearly no mobility, almost no range, low healing, low output, no headshots. Literally all you do is not stand right in front of her and shoot.

I can count on my hand the amount of times she has killed me.

1 Like

So, she’s a raid boss?

2 Likes

Either you know nothing about fighting Brigitte or you blatantly lie about it…

2 Likes

I feel it’s necessary to listen to both sides, and to not dismiss people’s complaints about the character, weather you’re for or against changes to the hero.

The way I see it, Brigitte is a hard character to balance, because she’s supposed to be able to do almost everything (some healing, some DPS, some tanking, CC and mid-range zoning). The result of this is that she’s mediocre in every way, which is both her strength and weakness.

People argue the most oppressive thing about her kit is her stun, which is understandable. Being denied that ability to do something is one of the reasons Sombra was hit so hard, and on top of that before Overwatch, CC in a multiplayer FPS was unheard of. For seasoned FPS players this is an unfun mechanic.

Don’t tease me like that. I’m still waiting for the patch notes that send her to F tier

Have you even played in comp against her?

Oh, h o n e y. The fact that the Brig players are still spinning the "T–The scawry Genji and Twacer mains are out to get me ; m ; " is kind of sad. They aren’t even the ones whining in majority. It’s the tanks, the other supports.’

Brig is fun to play, I have a blast on her. But if you don’t realize how broken she is when you play her, idk what to tell you.

1 Like

All the same time they still are willing to change to some other heroes like Doomfist Bastien Junkrat etc.

There are many people who just want the game always having that 6 characters.