Please don't go back to 6v6

I’m indifferent, but let’s be honest. Blizz is going to do whatever makes the most money. So I think both will exist eventually.

People who think Blizz is doing 6v6 purely to surreptitiously sabotage one format or the other and kill it long term are naive. That’s just not how things work in the real world.

Because you are a biased dps main.

careful there, young man

??? what? they said they had 50 million peak of MONTHLY users. that means that in a certain month, probably the launch, 50 million people played the game once during a month.

If you read to the end you would see that i said this would take time to change due to the limitations of the bottle necking of older consoles. Since crossplay is a thing the pc players also get screwed (in qp atleast there wont be a 6v6 hacked). They also said “several” seasons not “a few” which is stating a decent amount of time. It takes a long time to optimize a game after release. I am sure they have already been working on it and are not even sure if they can optimize it enough to get 6v6 to work on switch (even 5v5 barely works lol). They might have to abandon switch if they ever wanted to replace 5v5 with 6v6.

I don’t understand making a new engine and making it literally worse and less capable of handling things.
Maybe it was on purpose so they can tell us it’s impossible to go back to 6v6.

1 Like

The only reason I support 5v5 is because of my dislike for tank players.

Less is not more

This sounds like “I want them to step back from the community and push hard in their 5v5 direction despite part of the community wanting 6v6.”
They can’t be confident in their decisions when they don’t even know if it will work.
We know 6v6 works.

If it were successful beside queue times there would be zero controversy!
It was not a success on all fronts. It’s been a downgrade in every single way including the engine itself.
All that got better were queues and the ratio of tank players is still in the trashbin.

You actually believe 100 million players touch the game and don’t ghost it for long periods? What is the span of time to be considered a live player?
I thought they said they had 100,000,000 players who have touched OW including alts and all that. Not 100 million active players lmao.
The real numbers are around like 25 million a month. Probably like 6 million throughout a 24 hour cycle.

We want 6v6, end of story

Counterwatch and the constant gigabuffs to tanks go brr

100 million registered accounts, not live and active players. There is going to be a lot of smurfs, ban evaders and alt accounts in those numbers.

You’re keeping 5v5 while we get 6v6.
There is literally nothing to worry about here.

Don’t see the reason to have it as alternative mode it’s not going to be the priority mode though

They never said this.
Tests start in 2 seasons lol

Funny how Xbox and PS had no issue with 6v6 before or even now with 20 player custom matches with high levels of complex coding lol

Not going to happen.

Yeah, I don’t know why they’re wasting time on 6v6. They know it doesn’t work.

They made it for pve which never happened. If they go back to 6v6 I wont quit as I played through everything even the widowmaker mains are now actually a brig bot goats meta. They better just change the name back to Overwatch with no 2 after it though.

Well that makes you a huge minority because a vast number of launch players hate OW2.

The Nintendo Switch is the anchor weighing them down right now. Paladins ultimately dropped Switch support due to the awful hardware holding them back on the other platforms, and Overwatch might need to do the same (but will not because of Microsoft).

some like 6v6 why not have a role for 6v6 and one for 5v5 if you ask me everybody wins if they bring it back

Switch 2 comes out next year. Supporting that would be a smart move.

I totally agree, but that is a year from now, and nothing is set in stone whether it will be as powerful as a PS5/XSX, a XSS or even a PS4/XONE. So OW2 will be limping along on the substandard Switch hardware until then? Would 6v6 wait for a year?

6v6 isn’t even guaranteed at this point. At most it’s an experimental game mode for future patch revisions. Dumping Switch support when a major hardware upgrade for that platform is coming in less than a year would be foolish.

Fwiw it looks like the hardware will sit somewhere between ps4/Xbox1 and ps5/Xbox series x levels of power. Which admittedly is a broad range.

They will never go back to 6v6. They may go to a 6-player mode but it will never be OW1 6v6 2-2-2 role queue. 5v5 1-2-2 has far fewer problems to solve than that mode did.

I definitely agree Switch is by far the biggest weight here, but different platform targets can have different requirements. Like yes theoretically they have headroom to scale down to switch-level quality settings on something like PS4, but there is a much higher expectation for that platform.

So while switch is the anchor running at the bare minimum quality the engine can handle, doing that on the PS4 or XBO probably isn’t a viable solution, because the players on those consoles will expect a certain level of graphical fidelity in the game. they may have some wiggle room to lower certain settings, but the point I’m making is that those different consoles may also be bottlenecks as well, because you can’t necessarily solve the problem on those platforms by merely turning off half the graphical features in the game and calling it a day.