Please do something about "Abominable" event challenge

20 games in a row, Mei, Mei, Mei, Mei.

Move the spray to another challenge? Maybe “Monster hunter”? Since it’s in the same game mode.

EDIT: The game mode it’s totally unplayable now.
I tried to play with a friend as Mei so he can complete the challenge where you have to win a game with Mei. Everyone leaves or suicides.

8 Likes

If the challenge you refer to is win as yeti, the trick is to leave until you get yeti. Everyone does this and the game constantly gets backfill due to this. I played the game since second summer games event and this was the first time I played as yeti. That prefer yeti option doesn’t do anything.

2 Likes

Huge trick. How come I didn’t think of that?!

I’m not talking about how to complete the challenge.
I’m talking about the fact that this needs to be fixed.

It’s not normal leaving 20, 30, 100 games just to get Yeti. Then you also have to win, if not, start over again.

1 Like

my tips is to jump of the maps , why? bc the yeti win and 1 less player trying to get yeti

2 Likes

Another huge trick I didn’t think of. That definitely solves the problem.

1 Like

Bro why attack me. Im trying to help. You really think OW gonna change anything? They can’t even balance the heroes, have normal shop prices, show love to of players etc. You really think they will change that?? If they move the spray to the other one Im gonna send you OW coins.

Yes, I really think that, the same way they made the weekly challenges easier.
Of course they are not going to give the skins for free and make the heroes you lose against weaker.

Why are you a Blizzard simp? You attack the players who try to help you but don’t blame the company that is responsible people for your problem?? I never said they have to give it for free. I just don’t think 2 skins should be the same price as the OW game itself. And I don’t ask for them to nerf heroes I lose against. If I am losing against a hero it is either my fault or his better gameplay. But it is normal to ask for nerfs on heroes that dominate ranked, qp, ow league etc. because of their overpowered stats. If you really think asking for balance is wrong then you are probably one of those players who have fun playing 700 hp fatty Roadhog, one-shotting enemies without even trying with a kiriko pocket.

2 Likes

There are easier to complete challenges to get the Brig skin… just win 1 Yeti hunt with mei, one frost team dm and do the snowball challenges.

The challenge is not worth the spray, the time and luck it takes to even get Yeti and then hoping you don’t get a try hard team of meis is a joke, not worth the joy it destroys

As someone else put in another thread, make there be 4 meis and 2 yeti’s to make it fun cause yeti gets destroyed too easily

1 Like

I beat that challenge and did the rest to get the Brigitte skin reward within just an hour of hopping on the game. How are you playing? You’re not being overly agressive, are you? You don’t want to engage anyone until you have that final steak. I won by rounding only one–two people near the last meat I needed to go into Primal a couple times in one game.

so is half of the hero roster and 2/3rds of all game modes
and the entire matchmaking system

so far this feels like an open access game

The issue isn’t just that a lot of people are queueing Prefer Yeti. If literally everyone was doing that, we’d be getting Yeti games 1/6 tries, on average.

The main issue is that there is a long-standing bug that seems to cause some people to consistently be put into the Prefer Hunter queue despite choosing Prefer Yeti. I first noticed and reported this issue during WW2019, but I’ve found old reports suggesting that it goes back to at least WW2018.

However, now that there is an incentive for players to queue Prefer Yeti, the chances of someone who queues Prefer Hunter to get chosen as the Yeti are minuscule. It’s only going to happen if the matchmaker can’t find any Prefer Yeti players for your lobby, and then it’s just a 1/6 chance that you get chosen as Yeti out of everyone. So, the existence of the event challenge and the spray has dramatically worsened the impact of the bug that puts people into Prefer Hunter no matter what they choose.

1 Like

Which platform are you playing on?

PC.

1 Like

If you’re after the event Brig skin I would recommend avoiding the ‘win as Yeti’ achieve.

Here’s how I got it:

1. Complete warm hearted (easy)
  2. Complete win a game in ‘threezethaw’ (easy.)
  3. Win a mei vs yeti match (super easy.)
  4. Do the other easy one, I forget what it is.

And for the easiest bits…

1. Choose FFA snowball DM. Shoot to kill and come in TOP 3 to get ‘win a snowball DM.’ Yes top 3 counts, ya don’t need to be no.1

2. While in FFA snowball DM, use your MELEE attack to catch snowballs, it helps you get into the top 3 and puts progression into ‘Caught a cold’ (catch 6 snow balls.) If a person has a snowflake over there head and they’re looking at you, melee, MELEE!

This was so easy to do.

Hope this helps.

Top 4 counts as a win for FFA. (Or top half if you’re playing in a custom game with some number other than 8.)

And, people want to do the Yeti challenge to get the spray that can only be gotten from that challenge.

Fair enough, well they’ve got plenty of time to aim for it^^

I got the skin in the first hours, I want the spray.

1 Like

Not really. Not for players who can’t get a Yeti game to save their life.

I’ve played this mode a lot before as the Yeti, so I don’t have any concerns about being able to win a Yeti game, but I haven’t gotten to try a single time. I’ve played 35 matches of Yeti Hunter so far, which took like 2.5 hours including queue time, and I still haven’t gotten to play the Yeti. At this point, I don’t care about the spray, I’m just seeing how many games it takes to actually get a Yeti game (without completely losing my sanity).

It’s unbelievably unfair to the new players affected by this bug, for whom winning on Yeti is likely to be quite difficult. They’re looking at possibly hundreds of games to get just a handful of attempts at winning on Yeti, maybe.