Please Check out Hanzo's new damage output

Hi, folks! Hello Blizzard.

Hanzo got a rework, which makes him very good. Above all, however, his scatter was removed and replaced by another ability. However, I have now discovered the following problem.

Hanzo is supposed to be a hero who feels comfortable on mid- to long range. But why do you run into close combat as a tank, activate its new ability and suddenly cause more than enough damage to kill me? Wasn’t that exactly the reason why scatter was removed at all?

Besides, it is no fun to see any dragons fly over the screen every 20 seconds, because Hanzo gets his Ult much too fast with the new damage output.

So my request to you at Blizzard, could you check these values?
It’s no fun being killed every 6 seconds by a hero who does not act in his imaginary range. Maybe you could think about whether Hanzo can really do more than 800 damage every 6 seconds.

• removes the crit possibility from Hanzo’s new ability. 480 damage is enough for a tank to have to retreat. Potential 960 damage is just overkill.
  • Extends the cooldown of the ability by 3-4 seconds so that it gets a hit or die ability.
  • This gives the tanks the chance to play around this cooldown, and the ability is taken a lot of aggressive potential.
  • Give Hanzo a bigger Ult Charge if you don’t want to change his damage output. Dragons should not fly over the screen every 30 seconds.

(FYI, that here are all just suggestions. Don’t take it personally, it’s just a game.)

14 Likes

Got it, every 20secs

Got it, every 30secs…WAIT A MINUTE!

I need to know how often you really think the ult is on the screen.

13 Likes

Busted.

1 Like

I wanted to make clear that Hanzo gets his ult very quickly, thanks to the new burst damage. That’s what I believe is called alliteration as a lyrical remedy. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, it’s interesting to see Hanzo suddenly become the new Mercy. It’s not hard to be good with Hanzo now and if you don’t play Hanzo you lose 90% of the games.

Blizzard, please look at Hanzo again. This meta is even worse than Dive.

1 Like

Woah there. That’s a bit of an exaggeration.

7 Likes

This meta is awful, the worst so far. But I have faith that Blizzard will smash it until it’s not worth playing. Why? Because it’s not good for eSports. Can you imagine people tuning in to watch the Brigettes duelling until one teams Zarya has their grav ready so Hanzo can Dragonstrike? Nobody is going to watch that garbage.

My answer for Hanzo?

Revert the changes to his projectile speed
Two less arrows for storm.

There you go. Fixed. And he’d settle somewhere around C-tier. Where he belongs. Not in “Must pick S-tier”

I’ve got no idea why Blizzard thought making the highest damage projectiles the fastest was a good idea. That was always going to make him OP. And it did.

2 Likes

Not really, if you look at the streams and the statistics.

Check out the pickrate for GM on overbuff.

Hanzo has a 10% pickrate, the next DPS has 4%. Neither Genji nor Tracer had 10% or more during the whole dive time. And this patch is only being played for a week and there must be a reason why Blizzard is not playing OWL with the Hanzo rework.

Hanzo is the new Mercy. Just that he’s a lot more frustrating than Mercy.

1 Like

How to send Hanzo into F-tier with two simple suggestions.

I agree Hanzo is overtuned but this is overkill

2 Likes

What else would you suggest?

• Should Hanzo get a range restriction? He’s still a sniper.

• Fewer arrows and a longer cool-down? This would make him too susceptible to smaller targets, because usually several attempts mean a higher chance of success.

• A complete nerf for his kit? Less HP, damage or smaller hitboxes for his arrows?

I’m really interested in what proposal you make. Because these are the only ways to make Hanzo normal again and which I just mentioned are extremely bad for Hanzo.

A slight increase in ult charge and the Storm Bow CD would be appropriate (but not 3-4s). Other than that, I am just glad that SCATTUHHHH is gone.

I honestly think that just reducing arrow damage from 80 to 75 (No longer insta-kills 200 HP heroes with a damage boost ,still kills anything he would’ve killed with 80 damage with the same number of arrows) and an increase in cooldown (2-3 seconds ?) is enough.

He’s the most played DPS because brigitte and the meta she spawned made half the DPS roaster F-tier.

Sure Storm arrow is better than Scatter, but this abnormal burst damage prevents you from playing tanks other than Reinhardt and zarya. But I don’t think just more cooldown is gonna solve this problem.

But you could still play all other tanks va a brigitte. But that’s a problem Brigitte has and doesn’t excuse Hanzo’s problem. Because at the beginning of the season you could play every tank and every hero to some extent. Hanzo is currently preventing you from playing anything other than Reinhardt and Zarya, which makes brigitte feel even better.

—I think you meant to say $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

as if Blizzard actually cares about the community or e-sports, or anything other than the fat stacks of dosh they are pooping out into it, in the hopes it makes them butt tons of ROI

Oh NO.
Post Debunked!!!
:rofl:

Higher ult generation time, and subtract an arrow from Storm arrows and he’d be fine. Hanzo is a lot more fun to play now and I do not miss scatter, but this version of him is way overtuned.

Would be nice if more people would see this. But at the moment Hanzo is just busted.

I have noticed quite the increase in Hanzo ults recently.

I like the new Hanzo.

Crit Damage with Storm Arrows may be a bit much. A really good Hanzo can usually eliminate 2 enemy squishies with one use of Storm Arrow.

Tanks like Zayra/Orisa die quite a bit if they are caught unawares and with their abilities on cooldown when being pin cushioned by Storm Arrows. But consider that a full bow draw + 6 Storm arrows also breaks Brigitte’s shield in less than 3 seconds. I’d leave the number of Storm arrows alone.

Ult charge probably should see an increase. I’ve experienced quite a few games where the double dragons come out at least 3 times.

They could have given him lunge, upped his projectile speed, and just deleted scatter and he would still be good now. Way rather see storm arrow nerfed than projectile speed or lunge.

I think you are playing a different game than the rest of us.

How exactly does storm arrow prevent you from playing anything and scatter didn’t? Specially when scatter used to one shot Zarya.