Please address zenyatta and mercy

Okay im not responding if you dont understand how insanly strong making everyone 25% stronger on the tank. And if yiu cant understand that im nkt going to bash my head into a wall trying to explain.

1 Like

Switch it with what? Every time I see a thread complaining about Zen, no one ever has a good suggestion.

Why? Because Zen needs discord, he is discord. Heā€™d be a shadow of his former self and he would never be picked. Other supports heal more, survive more and will be able to match if not do more damage than discordless Zen.

The game does not need everything to revolve around tanks, things need to exist to keep them in line and discord is one of those things.

7 Likes

So are one shots with hardly any prep required but you know nothing is going to happen to that probably.

2 Likes

Iā€™m slightly more lenient with oneshots. In Hanzoā€™s case, itā€™s a projectile. If heā€™s not spamming a choke or corner (predictable, quite visible, donā€™t walk out into itā€¦) he needs dumb luck or walls (sonic arrow/Widow ult) up to hit a headshot to pick people off by surprise; otherwise, he has to lead his shots by a fairly generous marginā€¦ and his fire rate is sluggish.

Widow and Sojourn, thoughā€¦ no.

Sojourn rail should be a Pharah-like ult if it oneshots (lock in place for a bit, warm up the gun for a second or two, then unleash a piercing hitscan oneshot) or lose its headshot capability and get its damage knocked down a smidge to somewhere around 100 to 110 damage and should blow out the remainder of your ammo on use.

Widowmaker should have her scoped shot replaced with a long range, pin-point accurate 5 shot burst that deals 2.4 to 24 damage per hit with the same 2.5x multi we all know and hate. This way, Widow has to track her targetā€™s head extremely precisely (as opposed to leading her shot, like Hanzo needs to) in order to get her oneshot kill; this usually would mean that if someone got oneshot, they had been moving too predictably. Point and click adventure is too easy.

I was thinking something like giving Widowmaker an ability cooldown that announces it to everyone and in a window of time she gets her full current damage at a faster rate, but outside of that it caps out to 195. I donā€™t think her damage should be affected by damage boost either, maybe just have that interaction be different, like faster charge rate or whatever. About time they change that interaction for certain heroes anyway probably, consistency be damned.

to be brutally honest, I immediately feel like iā€™ve just lost a match if my team pick zen. its the same feeling when you see tank go hammond. or if someone picks queen you immediately think they are throwing. or if your lowest dmg dps swaps to sombra. i find zen depression inducing.

but then Im in a match and the person behind the hero has skill, and they end up carrying.

I only just started playing reaper recently. for me its one of the harder heroes. I think everyones skill set is different, which is why the creative diversity in OW has allowed a broad appeal. you gotta be honestā€¦ to balance a game with such complexly different characters is really phenomenal.

its a ground breaking game from art and design perspective, falls far short on in game community side. and I think needs more official game modes to survive. the monotony of matches turns people to more insideous forms of entertainment than intended.

I do like how maps in comp cycle in and out of rotation for example.

1 Like

you talk low of discord, wait till your entire team decides to go dmg or the enemy teams orisa or ball fancies taking your head

Youā€™re amazing.

Just that

1 Like

it forces reliance on the other healer being competent, if the other healer isnā€™t then staying zen is a throw. they are just the kinds of heropicks you need to adapt toā€¦ the core issue is the reliance on strangers to see that and adapt. Stubborn ones that take comp swap suggestions as insults.

As long as hitscan oneshots are in the game Mercyā€™s 67 HP/s healing (until half health) needs to stay. She lost her mobility, all she gets ie 22 HP/s herself and sheā€™s usually far from the other support so just focus her.
Same goes for Zen, heā€™s pretty weak except for discord but there are space for him getting a buff so discord can go on cooldown whenever he loses Los. But thatā€™s about it.

True, true. It varies vastly though, someone here mentioned how whenever the one behind robomonk has skills then the match turns to your favor

As for me, Iā€™m fairly confident in with Zen, speaking mostly damage wise since all you have to do to heal is respectfully stare at your teammates. Most of the time we do end up having a decent lucio, kiriko and ana so iā€™m more than inclined to help the healing while discording people.

Not to mention one of the strongest ults

I think a simple solution is making it weaker against tanks.

1 Like

The thing is, the solution is so simple the devs canā€™t comprehend it

I had my finger perm on left click swapping from wounded team mate to team mate. then checked stats and was the lowest healing by a lot. swapped to moira and still couldā€™nt catch up. I started wonderingā€¦ do devs backend wack a 10%+/- nerf/boost on players they support/wanna derank?

Like some play rein and are paper, others are invinsible in a 1v4 last one alive. Lol.

And some hit 20k heals on mercy while everyone else is 12k. Or hit 6k when everyone is is 12k.

Lol itā€™s often hard to see why.

Or you could just carryā€¦ get good, son.

How do you direct quote lol?

bro this aint dark souls

respect tho, that profile pic goes hard

1 Like

Highlight the text, ā€œquoteā€ comes up as a popup.

Zen is a good hero. If they die, you donā€™t have to heal that much.

3 Likes

Leave Zen alone.

20 chars

1 Like

hoooly snap you are right.

Bro thinking it over, that should be a voiceline. Like, ā€œIf no one needs their pain eased, then i am more than happy to deliver itā€

1 Like