PLEASE add a surrender option in competitive

it is surprising how we have gone 0ver 20 seasons of competitive without adding a surrender option to ranked. If my team loses the first round instantly because we have a thrower or the other team has a cheater we should just be able to surrender instead of having to half-as the second round even though the game is already lost. Some games just aren’t winnable and you shouldn’t be forced to play them through.

EDIT: obviously people don’t understand what I mean here. The surrender vote would have to be 6/6, to make sure everyone on the team is content with surrendering and going to the next game.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention, this feature should only be able after the first round is done. (2CP, Payload, Hybrid, KOTH)

EDIT 3: I’m tired of people arguing against this with some story of how they had a game where it looked unwinnable and they somehow came back and won. Good for you. I’m suggesting this for games where it is NOT, at all, 100% guaranteed not winnable. (When you have throwers on your team, cheaters on the other, wintraders, etc.) That’s why I suggest it being 6/6, so if you think it is still winnable, the game will continue.

65 Likes

Definitely agree, I’m surprised it isn’t suggested more.

11 Likes

Agreed. I hate when enemy team leaves and you’re dropped into a menu.

2 Likes

No idea why this is not a thing yet, it needs to happen

2 Likes

Players with defeatist attitudes don’t belong in ranked to begin with. Get out of here with this surrender non sense.

39 Likes

Instead of conceding people just leave the game.

6 Likes

Honestly? No thank you.

Sure, some games are genuinely unwinnable, but people tend to give up waaaaay too easily just because they had a rough start. I lose a ton more games because someone says “well there’s no point in trying” and proceeds to throw themselves than I have someone genuinely throwing out the gate. Having a surrender option would just encourage that sort of mentality.

27 Likes

Having a thrower out of the gate is common in high elo and there is an ml7 clip somewhere of him specifically having a game like this and calling for blizz to add a surrender option. I get games with people on my team blatantly deranking or wintrading. (>3500)

1 Like

No game is over until it’s over.

I have won the most unbelievably atrocious games that I wanted to give up in.

Just try your best and play it out. It’ll end in just a few minutes either way

11 Likes

It’s not a “defeatist” attitude. Some games aren’t winnable. You act like as if blizz added this feature at least 25% of games would be surrendered which isn’t true, and would only happen like 5% of games.

Source: I am high elo in both OW and R6. R6 has a surrender feature and it is rarely used, only in situations with derankers and cheaters.

6 Likes

6 stack deranking groups are approving this idea

5 Likes

Okay?

Is one streamer saying something supposed to change my opinion?

8 Likes

Would it hurt to add this feature then? It would require the whole team to agree on a surrender, so if one person just decides its winnable, then the game won’t be surrendered. If everyone on the team agrees that it is not winnable and surrenders, they probably weren’t going to win anyways because they all agreed it wasn’t winnable in the first place.

1 Like

I don’t think OP means individual player can surrender. The whole team has to agree.

I’m saying it is an example as to why this feature could improve the game, even if by a little. No one would be hurt if this feature was added, so why not implement it? lol

yeah sometimes you just gotta concede inestead of delaying the inevitable

saves your time

make it a vote thing, like if 5/6 players agree or something. and a rule for stacks so that atleast 1 player from outside of the stack has to agree

the only issue i can see is this beeing abused on throwing groups by just surrendering immediatly

4 Likes

wouldnt even be really abuse by throwing 6 stacks. I mean, theyre gonna derank anyways, so theyre saving the other teams time. happens in other games, and it isnt a problem tbh

1 Like

No, if it’s implemented it has to be 6/6.

2 Likes

yeah but then they wont get reported for throwing by the enemy team.

2 Likes

People are just scared of what it’ll do to community culture and mindsets. Nobody wants the guy holding the team hostage with a throw and demanding a surrender. Not that we don’t already have the prolonged hostage situation of people throwing with a defeatist attitude, but people prefer the status quo and don’t want to exacerbate it.