Players Who Want 6v6

I know this likely isn’t the case but the wording feels like people who don’t wanna put down “Worked as a cashier at Maccas” so instead write “Handled business transactions on behalf of a company valued in the billions.”

It uh, just feels disingenious is what I’m getting at.

More like used Python, Snowflake, Hive, Presto/Trino, SAP, Tableau, PowerBI, PowerApps, PowerAutomate, and Excel mostly to do a bunch of ETL stuff, then reach into the finance backend to get all the specifics. Then go make a bunch of dashboards to present to upper leadership. Followed by working with Finance on Fiscal Quarter reports compared to Plan reports.

But you probably don’t know what any of that means.

And just otherwise fixing data stuff for other departments. Currently I’m working on a HR Staffing Dashboard. And figuring out how the Tableau Prep is messing it up.

I’m a support player and I want 6v6 back. Tank synergies were never the issue.

They removed a tank due to queue time and the queue times were so bad because the main tank role didn’t have broad apeal. Now, all tanks are main tanks and tank numbers are still dwindling. A huge part of the problem was that they struggled to design main tanks with broad apeal. Most tank players wanted to play off tank.

1 Like

Like I said, it’s been a hobby for the last 2 decades.

And currently I got one of the HellDivers 2 devs following me, where I proposed stun grenades and more generic ways to deal with Chargers. And I’ve had their CEO and one of the Gameplay Designers give me props for the ideas. I also accurately reported on how to fix the main crashing issue with Arc Throwers last week.

And this is all on top of brow beating a bunch of journalists and console warriors on making sure that Microsoft buys Blizzard on Twitter. Where I correctly identified the weaknesses in their legal argument and posted it to their executives.

I’ve also been trying to help all the notable former Blizzard staff get new jobs. Which incidentally, Overwatch’s former Loremaster got picked up by inXile today. Feels bad, I got him set up with the Respawn narrative team, and the next day Respawn announced layoffs on that project. But inXile looks super awesome, and apparently he worked with that team before when it had a different name.

Also the former Destiny 2 Community Manager thanked me for sending about 8k views to her tweets, and pointing out that she too is looking for work.

But otherwise I’ve had some level of communication with pretty much every Overwatch dev on Twitter. And 2 of the staff are following me back.

Heck, I even went to Disneyland with one of the executives on a different Blizzard project this last thanksgiving.

Scripts

Data infastructure iirc

I don’t recall Trino as a name, but Presto is something I’ve heard of before, though that was in relation to Facebook.

I dont recall what it does though.

This one is a loss for me.

Data visualisation service iirc.

Also data visualisation.

Isn’t this the ‘copilot makes app’ thing? Seemed pretty crap when I last looked at it.

Something something cloud.

I can promise you I know what this one is. ETL is Extract, Transform and then some word for L I forget. Basically yoink data, transform into a preferred format, load into something else, typically a database.

I’m an animator and consistently tech support for literally everyone I know. I do not make a career of what you do, but I end up brushing by the concepts in passing more than you’d think. Especially as I’m looking to do a searchable, modular parts organiser where I can set down a bin anywhere in a grid (Voidstar Labs has done it for their own parts organiser, I’m going to replicate it).

You’ve missed a crucial bit of wording.

I wasn’t saying you were lying, in fact I was stating support for you. I was however informing you what it looked like.

All good then.

Oh, and that Shifter_v1G thing. Apparently a bunch of ragtag hobbyist devs wanna make that into a standalone game. They’ve got some basics going on Unreal Engine 5 so far.

Dunno how I can help, but I’m just happy they are still hyped about an old project. There’s like 30 people in the Discord right now.

1 Like

This thread is great :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great. Let’s nerf Lucio by making Reinhardt even less fun to play.

Honestly, this is a terrible suggestion.

So in other words, you laughably spam forums with thousands of “suggestions” and in the mathematical eventuality that a couple of those happen to be obvious enough that they can be contorted into fitting into changes that happen to be found in games and think that grants you some form of expertise because you got upvoted a time or two.

The ego in combination with an active imagination in such a statement cannot be safely contained on Nele Island.

If only if only

1 Like