Played with some console players

I don’t know then. I haven’t seen another console icon today and I definitely had PC players in the lobby based on how much they were typing in chat. I don’t believe we can use the text chat in-match on console.

Played with some console players

and what a surprise. The game was an unplayable stomp fest. Almost as If the forums have been complaining non stop for a reason.

7 Likes

Well, last game was a 6 stack, 1 had the icon. Game before was a 4 stack, and 3 had the icon. So I think youre right, from a pc pov, consoles have the icon. Maybe for console players its reversed.

2 Likes

Did you even read the threads after the patch? xD

1 Like

I played on switch against PC and somehow won all of those games

I probably got carried though

2 Likes

Yeah because it’s Mercy you’re not aiming at a Pharah in the air like you would with Soldier 76. That’s where you’d see a major, major difference

1 Like

I played mercy on qp with a widow on havana, we had a ana and rein who was gm on an alt and a zarya also on a alt. I pocket the widow, and ana is playing right next to rein on the right side, I get flamed nonstop because on one occasion I didn’t go to where they were brawling to peel for the ana against a tracer. I then get flamed because our hanzo who switched to pharah didn’t get instapocked, I damage boosted our moira for one second because I wasn’t focused up and they instantly point that out.

I get flamed because i’m plat and I go tell them to play comp but since they were on their precious alt accounts they can’t. Biggest egos i’ve ever seen man how do you guys put up with it.

1 Like

QP is real competitive today. Everybody is showing up to game.

1 Like

yep

2 Likes

generally, console players dont have the option to type…no kb

1 Like

It was never going to be a problem. Literally every game that’s had crossplay has been fine

3 Likes

it is unplayable for me as I’m now forced into the Europe region to be forced to play with the people who tormented me for months cause of my accent as I’m partially deaf so when I talk I sound like I have something wrong with me :sob:

Now I’m on the hunt to find a A duo from USA who will save me from this garbage lol

3 Likes

No, that’s not including the wonderful keyboard that they provide where you move the glowing key to the letter you want to press and then to the next letter, to literally type one letter at a time and no more.

Just had a PC friend who’s excited for crossplay with me ask if we had discord integration. They think we have features.

1 Like

There’s a good chance that your NA duo just gets sucked onto the EU servers with you for the majority of games, if there really are less players/longer queues there…at least that’s how I understand it.

console player here; lfg is your best friend to get onto the server you want but you may have to sell yourself as having ‘fine ping’ on NA servers. Duo and even groups of 3 still a decent chance for a EU game. Go for a 4 stack and you’ve got money.

I’m sure your one experience is valid lol

3 Likes

Severe drop in match quality, SEVERE. I dont know if it is cross-play or what, but this is horrendously bad.

8 Likes

Never, ever play comp on patch day. Dunno if it’s been as bad since they changed the update system, but #1 way to lose SR for stupid reasons. DCs, just not giving you a sixth player, certain heroes accidentally crashing the game. Just don’t do it.

I play for fun and play with or against console players unless they’re on an aimless hero isn’t fun. It’s been a good ride so I’m not exactly upset, but I hope Blizzard realizes what they’ve done to quick play. It’s not about competitive integrity it’s about fun. I do play with or against diamond players since I was diamond last time I played comp so perhaps it’s a little different but it’s very unenjoyable so I’ll be finding another game to play in my limited amount of time I get to play games.

hi, ps4 player here, can you make it so that console players can use mouse and keyboard on the game? on pc you even can play with controller, so to make crossplay more even, why not enable it on consoles?

2 Likes