*placement matches complete*

I wish I could be in plat.

With 5 wins and 4 toxic losses and a draw I got 2399 SRā€¦

Didnā€™t they update this list around S8ish ? Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s still the same with a few percentages changed ,like gold being 34% ,Iā€™ll try to find it

Iā€™d be interested in seeing where it falls. Overwatch isnā€™t a zero sum game when it comes to competitive, our team might gain on average 20-22 SR for a win but the enemy might only lose 18-19, or theyā€™d lose on average more, and itā€™d be neat to see if it skews the playerbase upwards or downwards.

Oh wait ,sorry I was wrong ,the stats are the same as you listed ,though they were also posted this year on February ,so I guess nothing changed : Competitive Mode Tier Distribution

Seems like Bronze is the third least common rank, 2% lower than Diamond. Interestingā€¦

According to this website (which popped up when I first googled it)

It seems to have remained fairly accurate, with higher ranks expanding (According to them, GM is 1.4% of the population, Master is 3.8%, Diamond is 10.7%), while lower ranks shrink (Bronze is 7.1%, Silver 18.5%)

Middle Ranks seem pretty stagnant at 30.8% and 25.4% for Gold and Platinum respectively.

I think whatā€™s interesting about Overwatch is that rather than use a ladder like other games, where most of the playerbase sits around the bottom few ranks, is that they use a bell-curve and have a player typically enter at around a mid level rank, rather than a lower one.

I wonder how different the game would be if an average player could expect to start the game at around 1k-1.5k SR.

1 Like

got my usual 2800ā€¦ after playing placements against team with 3500+3200+3400

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been wondering ,is it even possible to place in bronze ? I heard that the minimum you can place is mid silver.

Itā€™d have to be, right? Like isnā€™t that the point of performance based SR in placements? So a good, but unlucky player can still expect Gold or Plat?

Surely thereā€™s got to be someone who threw all of his placements on statistically they did so poorly they landed in bronze on a fresh account.

Considering you canā€™t do placements and hit GM on a fresh account ,I wouldnā€™t doubt not being able to hit bronze on your first placements

Welcome to the deep web.