Pink Mercy - Near $10 Million Raised

In another post he said that blizzard “made” players buy the skin. I think he’s trolling but he might just be incredibly entitled.

2 Likes

True, but it also depends on the charity. I mean, most people did just pay for the Mercy skin, but I did it for both. Mercy main and well, because every woman in my mother’s side of the family gets cancer. Not breast cancer, but cancer runs in my family, but only for the woman oddly enough. So I will support any cancer research fundraising. If it were something else for Genji or D.va, I wouldn’t really care… but yeah, Mercy is kind of a really popular hero, even outside the Overwatch community.

1 Like

Just leave them, you would just be wasting your time. There’s been an entire thread that they made about it and a bunch of people (me included) trying to explain this to them and the concept of what a charity is and it just went nowhere…

4 Likes

yeah it should just be in the game. it shouldn’t be pay a charity and get a skin that not what a charity is really about its about voluntarily giving money. Putting a mercy skin behind a paywall isn’t what i call charity.

1 Like

No reason? You mean research for things your family or somone you know suffers from? gtfo

9 Likes

It doesn’t matter what you call it or consider it. Giving to charity is charity. I’ve been to charities that hold fundraiser dinners or meetings with celebrities.

Some people are paying just to meet the celebrities, but it doesn’t matter because the money is going to a good cause. You’re the person that shows up outside talking about you should get to meet Brad Pitt for free and they’re not really doing it for charity. The incentive is purposeful so that people who may have not otherwise given anything decide to give.

11 Likes

You don’t have to buy the skin and considering how badly your post complaining about it went I’m assuming no one agrees with you

7 Likes

That’s a lot of people owning the Pink Mercy skin.

well i want the skin but no money to buy it so what do i do its not going to be in game to buy so what is the point of it.

1 Like

Then you don’t get the skin. That’s the way the world works. No money to buy the things you want then you don’t get the things you want.

16 Likes

… too bad? It’s a charity skin that you don’t need. If you want it, buy it. If you can’t afford it then move on and wait for a new mercy skin.

7 Likes

Wonder if the total is just the skin, or does it include donations made during the charity streams?

The point was to donate to charity. If you’re too broke to do so, oh well. You’re not owed the skin.

2 Likes

I’m sure it includes stream donations

Hmm, I think I’ll get it later before 21st, the months been tight and US currency is not cheap.

With that amount, could also include the proceeds from the shirts they’ve sold, so far.

If you dont even can affort 15$ for a good cause… then thats your problem. Maybe ask you parents. Tell them its for a good cause and maybe they give you the 15$.

Forgot about the shirts. Good catch.

Can’t we all just congratulate the current fundraiser goal without reverting to petty stuff?

What am I saying it’s the internet, of course…

7 Likes

Why not be honest, Ketara?

You don’t care about charities getting money or not. You also don’t care that there’s a paywall in general. You care because you want this skin and can’t afford it and so your personal desire for it outweighs other considerations.

You don’t care about the money to charity, you just admitted that by claiming “What’s the point” since you couldn’t personally get the skin.

You don’t care about Paywalls. the League Skins have been behind Paywall a while now and you’re on record saying that those don’t matter since they’re “just recolours”. IE they don’t matter because you don’t want them.

You are being petty.

11 Likes