Pink Mercy - Near $10 Million Raised

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/997174978578563072

Wow.

52 Likes

So awesome, I hope they do more charity events in the future!

Imagine if every hugely popular game did this sort of thing from time to time.

11 Likes

I don’t I hope this is the last one I don’t like a skin behind a paywall. btw grats on the 10 million.

5 Likes

…i was going to say something sarcastic, but i lost it

4 Likes

well mercy is a very special and popular hero in the community… it will be hard to raise that much amount of money with other heroes.

4 Likes

Well she is not the only hugely popular character. Genji and D.Va are very popular too. Maybe they can’t raise that much money like Mercy can but they would still get a lot.

8 Likes

$10 Mil tells me this wont be the last time.

23 Likes

Well I hope it is the last time if not I’m quitting overwatch if its just going to be a money sink.

2 Likes

One interesting note is that this gives a ballpark for active player count. It’s probably fair to assume that people with smurfs don’t buy this skin on every account, so $10m raised from skin purchases would be ~667k individual purchases.

3 Likes

Link provided by OP.

5 Likes

Fantastic job you guys! What an amazing thing the Blizzard team has done! I’ll be buying a skin myself tomorrow once my money gets here, so be sure to add me to that 10 mill goal! Can’t wait!!

2 Likes

well, i hope there will be more, and that you will quit, because it’s a skin that was made to reward those who would donate for the breat cancer research. if you are bothered by that, for GOOD CAUSE, you can just… you know…get the hell out? especially since it’s not something locked behind RNG, and that Blizzazrd didn’t got any profit from that.

25 Likes

Happy to have helped!

19 Likes

Pink Reaper skin when?

1 Like

Sorry to be crass but, you know… It’s not all about you.

14 Likes

No its about a mercy skin behind a paywall for no reason.

4 Likes

You’d quit.

Because of a charity skin?

How old are you my friend?

I hope they do more. It’s incredible to raise so much.

I bought the skin. I don’t even play mercy. We almost lost my grandmother to breast cancer a few years ago.

31 Likes

for no reason?

either you are too young or literally insane…

9 Likes

I think it would work for Genji, DVA, Hanzo, Reinhardt, Moira, Widow…

Even some other heroes. Maybe not as much as these, but still a bit.

Not really. It’s hard to digest that number. Is this 667k just Mercy mains, people who want an exclusive skin, people who didn’t care about the skin but breast cancer is important to them(I know someone like this).

Also in terms of global sales you would think that is a somewhat low amount of people. It’s really too many variables to guess active playerbase off the skin sales.