Pink Mercy isn’t coming back, be quiet

I’m gonna make bring back Lego bastion threads now

I cared about your essay.

That’s some sketchy NFT talk

No, they don’t. Thats a 3 year old sentiment being spammed on Twitter even to this day.

You can literally write to them today and they will say the same thing. I even made a post
confirming that they said the same a few weeks back from now.

2 Likes

It was marketed as an exclusive skin to fundraise for breast cancer.
If they add it back, it should 100% be for fundraising for breast cancer.

They should not just add it back in for whiners. I’m down for them selling it and donating the profits and raising awareness. Thats cool, i’m down for that.

Just adding it so whiny people can have it? nah, thats hella lame.

2 Likes

It still astounds me that folks think a CHARITY skin should be as exclussive as a Ferrari this day in age.

“well we only made like 500 of these things and if you want it. You gotta pay a massive price from someone that already owns it”.

Its kind of a real shame that people think Charity skins should be EXCLUSIVES. and really sad actually.

its actually sickening. It hits home. Because my aunt passed away from Cancer the week they released the skin and I honestly think the behavior is outright disgusting of people that think this should be an exclusive.

:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

I ask that the personal attacks cease

Given that it is clear to me that this side conversation is solely about making personal attacks, I wont be responding further to it in the hopes of limiting additional personal attacks in this thread

actually, BCRF has already stated in writing multiple times that they’d love to have the offer re-released

regardless of whether it is spammed on twitter or not, yes, the statement has indeed been made - many times, and in writing, directly from BCRF, and recently

I have seen no whining in Pink Mercy threads from those who wish to purchase it

What I have seen quite a bit of is certain forum members coming into threads like this one using attacking language (begging, whining, obsessed, childish, etc) to attack other forum members for merely wishing to legitimately purchase a legitimate item

this despite the fact that such attacks are against both the spirit and the rules of this forum

Thank you for proving my point, while trying to avoid it.

1 Like

I’ll never understand. You feel the need to discredit other people’s desire in an attempt to divide the community. If you don’t like mercy post than simply ignore them. The post is meant to appeal to people that care, and not the opposite. It’s not that hard to keep scrolling

1 Like

i probably shouldnt have bought the pink mercy skin myself never use it, at least the money went to charity (hopefully… be crazy if only .0001 percent of it and the rest to bobby)

default skin will always be best mercy

to be clear, 100% went to the charity

1 Like

Idk who you’re talking to but there’s nothing wrong with not liking spam on the forums. Considering it is against the rules people have the right to complain about it, especially when the issue has already been addressed by Blizzard and the spam is from people who’s parents never said “no” to them.

well thats good but there probably is still a middle man with that charity? maybe .0001 goes to the actual science and the rest to the directors of the charity?

nevermind me i always suspect people of doing horrible things

I was referring to the original post, not you. It should be obvious that multiple people will have the same idea, so of course there will be similar post. Multiple people talk about re-releasing skins, and balance of a particular character. When roadhog was meta there was multiple people talking about his one shot. People shouldn’t be held accountable for other people’s post. People also have similar post on nerfing and bugging specific characters. People also have similar post on how much they like and dislike the game. At the end of the day, you’re not being asked to read these posts.

I just said if they bring it back it’d have to be for breast cancer again, cus thats literally the whole point of the skin.
But yeah, victim complex totally helps your credibility.

I always see a lot of people talking about this skin, and loverwatch has rekindled this “hope” a lot. Well, I think no one should be too negative or positive about her coming back.

Why would you stop being persistent about his return?
mainly this is aimed at those who start the speech with “for charity”, which is a rather ridiculous method to justify a good work that could be done anyway, as it is quite obvious that if the skin returns, it will do it with the same previous methods. Especially considering that Blizzard could not afford any more scandals after the ones that occurred in 2021 in which they were distrusted by various other charities. And of course we also have to talk about “License”: as with Bastion Brick (with LEGO), Mercy Pink would also need an external license. Permission that the BCRF may re-grant with another skin type in the future or never, just like so many other organizations have done with other Blizzard games (especially WoW in its charity content). So it makes a lot of sense to praise the skin in its quality, but if you insist too much you end up overestimating what is in effect a digital content. and perhaps go so far as to use charity as a gimmick or contact the BCRF directly…seems a bit over the top.

Why should you avoid being overly defeatist with those asking for the skin?
I really like this type of response :rofl::

BUT I think it’s fair to point out that the skin is really good for many reasons compared to the others: medical research theme and function great for the character concept, a “Sailor Moon” style that never displeases, a topic that interests many people who suffers or know the importance of this quest, a symbol and good technical quality that makes it a legendary skin interesting in effects. it is absolutely normal that people are very interested in this skin more than it has ever been done for blizzcon skins that for example do not show particular effects (unfortunately, I would say) or preorder skins like Widowmaker noire. We also remember how limited it was, with “only” two weeks of availability for purchase, in a period in which the passage of data between other platforms could not be done … nor the existence of a community switch. And let’s not forget that Blizzard has a horrible flaw that it has already demonstrated with the OWL skins: not specifying exclusivity for the simple convenience of its marketing. and already continues to do so with the OW1 weekly event skins never returning or not talking at all about when the OW2 shop skins should return.

In my opinion Mercy Pink COULD (and shouldn’t) come back, but you just have to be polite and consistent with why people want to have it: it’s just a good skin. we would probably see the same effect if (in an alternate universe) it was a Hanzo Okami who was exclusive (although here I’m excluding an important thematic correlation like health) or… maybe even with the next skin on Doomfist One Punch Man :man_shrugging:

There’s a difference between having the same idea, such as asking for nerfs for a broken hero, and asking for something that already has an answer.

Technically creating numerous threads asking for hero buffs/nerfs is duplicate threads, but they are at least awaiting a response from Blizzard. Pink Mercy has already had a response and all anyone can do now is wait, or talk about Pink Mercy in ONE thread instead of feeling the need to make a new one every week.

Sure, Blizzard did say they have no plans or re-releasing pink mercy. However I’ve noticed that the company tends to be incredibly vague. They worded it as if they’re saying that they currently don’t plan on releasing the skin. Meaning that it can possibly be released in the future. They never give definite answers. People are only reminding the company about their commitment to the skin because of the company’s wording on specific subjects that can create an uncertainty.

1 Like