Pink Mercy is the beginning of selling skins

Keep those words, it was good while it lasted.

:smiley:

3 Likes

Pink Mercy is an attempt to save people’s lives.

29 Likes

They already are selling skins through loot boxes and events.

5 Likes

The OWL skins say hello.

24 Likes

As long as they go about it the right way, I think it’s a good thing.

You don’t like charity then?

4 Likes

If by ‘right way’ you mean $15 per Legendary, then sure…

I’m glad it was a massive success. I think I’ve only seen three Mercies not using it across every game I’ve played since it came out. If Blizz keeps doing paid skins for charity, I’m all for it.

1 Like

Seriously though. $15 for a specific Legendary skin is a way better system then buying lootboxes with cash. And now with the no-duplicate system, you won’t feel bad if you spend $15 on a skin, then get the same as a dupe in the very next box.

Imagine 15 lootboxes. How often do you get what you want in 15 lootboxes?

5 Likes

Well, no. I donated my $15 and got my Mercy skin, but I do agree with many people that for a cosmetic skin that’s kind of bonkers. Even if it has the added bells and whistles. On the other hand, it was for a good cause so that kind of eased my apprehension.

Hopefully if they do something else like this in the future, or implement a Battle net shop similar to WoW (mounts, helmets, pets) they ease up on the price point.

I think the OWL skins are basic and ugly AF but $5 is reasonable for individual skins. $10 is also kind of steep for me. Just because although I may want them, I am essentially paying money for something that is not tangible.

Someone on another thread pointed out that people pay upwards of $20 for Fortnite skins, or whatever it is you can buy in that game, and that game isn’t even technically finished. I may be wrong on all that info though-- it was just hearsay and quite frankly, I don’t give a damn about Fortnite. :man_cartwheeling:

3 Likes

Reminder that 100% of the cash made from the Pink Mercy goes to charity… so… Blizzard didn’t had to do this… and I doubt they will sell skins on their own gain. Because it doesn’t benefit them… Lootboxes are much more profitable tbh, because you can spend $20 for 24 lootboxes and get absolute trash and nothing you get… so then later on you spend another $20 or so… I seen a lot of people do this. If you sell things individually, people will just buy what they want and then never spend money again…

2 Likes

You’re aware Blizzard as a company has been around for much longer than OW, right? They have a long track record of selling cosmetics for charity events like this. If it hasn’t pushed them into selling everything piece by piece yet, then it wont.

1 Like

OWL you get 2 free skin and it was just recolor.

you can do all kinds of stuff to earn tokens for owl skins, not to mention the random 100 token giveaways on twitch.

you can earn lootboxes for free just by playing, including the arcade.

you dont have to buy ANYTHING that you dont want to. if u want to buy the mercy skin, well …pay up. its for charity. if u cant afford it, u better grow up and get a job.

cant justify this, cant justify that… oh its unfair blah blah

oh my first world problems… whatever shall i do

whispers
What if I told you, you don’t have to buy them to play the game.

2 Likes

Aye, too many people forget the hard work of the intern they made sit down for a afternoon and microsoft paint all the team logos on the default skins.

Maybe it would be if it was just a cosmetic skin, but it’s not. It’s for charity. So the price is irrelevant.

Ah, the cluelessness of players thinking they know how development works

You know all those angry mob meetings where everyone waved around their torches and pitch forks screaming about how evil loot boxes are? When you start having to pay for skins, maps and heroes … that’s why.

TL:DR get used to paying money for stuff.

The point they were making was money for skins has already been done, not the amount of work that went into the skins… although your perception of how difficult the process is seems a little unfair.